What's new

The Frustrations of a New Player

newplayer356

While I'm technically a returning player, the title is correct. And before you go telling me "how I'm doing it wrong", take a listen.

So, after having a bit of nostalgia, I decided that I'd like to be play this game again. As I don't have access to my old account, I was having to start out fresh...and as money's tight this month, no buying stuff for resale.

After a bit of waffling, I eventually settled on the details of the character that I wanted to play; all good. As so, I started grinding quests, as that's the only option that I can see for leveling a character on a brand new account.

After roughly 12 hours (no, I didn't mistype), I finally reached the point where I got the racial cloak. TWELVE HOURS, and I still wasn't quite level 50. As I had about 30 gold, fishing for the rest was also out of the question: bait worms were about 10 silver each...which would have gotten me about half a level, give or take.

It's extraordinary frustrating to spend that much time on a character and still be limited to the same activities that you had at level one. Hence, why I'm writing this admittedly abbreviated post.

Twelve hours sounds like an extremely long time, that sucks... Not sure why you struggled that much and then only focus on receiving the cloak. Also, anyone could've helped you level up starting at lv45, or ask for it anyway if you're still not lv52 yet for the support pack.

Maybe check out this thread and also this one - hopefully it'll help you have a bit more fun in the game. Sparkle has also pinned a bunch of useful stuff to the "new player assistance" channel in the AR discord.

I wasn't interested specifically in the race cloak; I mentioned it as a point of reference, so everyone else would have an idea of where I was. I was aiming for level 52, and yes twelve hours felt WAY too lonog.

Back