What's new

Wantcome now blames the lag for losing castle, but its the lag that got them the castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant really feel good about winning the siege but at the same time every one of my friends quit on auroria launch day because of the absurd lag. Only thing I'm confused about is why it didn't lag that badly when we were raid v raiding earlier at heedmar castle and then as soon as siege starts there is a 3s delay. Regardless, large scale pvp is and will always be terrible in Archeage, probably due to engine limitations. Small scale pvp on the other hand is crazy fun.

Should buff Queen's purses even more and get rid of those shitty lodestones or something to promote small scale pvp. Too many Archeage objectives are focused around blob pvp, would be way more fun having 20v20 or smaller fights. I'd take any changes that promote pvp because so many of the game's mechanics discourage it.

Indeed, even on the primary Castle event it was not server limitations but the game itself, there were very few disconnects ,but the game client and overall optimisation is not predicted for that many players in close proximity in the first place.

Only possible change that can be done is to reduce total number of players involved in the siege itself and i do not know if that is possible.
Will use this as a suggestion for future changes.

For me the weird thing about the lag was that it only lagged during the engages/fights during the siege. After Wanted got wiped, it was fine again, on the next fight again huge lags.

This is known for many online games, since animations and effects from each player fighting ,makes much more stress to the engine compared to them just standing still.

This is known for many online games, since animations and effects from each player fighting ,makes much more stress to the engine compared to them just standing still.
This is actually an incorrect analysis. The server itself does not bother itself with animations and effects, that is purely client side. The server only handles the flow of information. It doesnt tell the players computer how to render each effect, it simply tells the computer what was used, where, and for what effect (plus a few more tidbits but to keep it simple this is essentially the servers job). IDK what is causing it to backup on itself in large scale PvP within semi instanced locations, but somewhere there is a bottleneck to the flow of information.

So far we know that zone changes of any kind cause extreme stress on the server. When Auroria land changes from normal land to housing provinces, the server gets sluggish and cannot process much information (or at least, enough to keep things smooth). When the area around a castle becomes "instanced", forcing unrelated players out and hiding buildings, the same thing happens. For some reason the change in landscape causes the servers to back up on itself... if there is something to be fixed (that can be within the engine at least), this is probably where you would want to start.

The last potential is that it could very well be client side as well with a limitation of the engine as you said. Information might be bottlenecked on OUR end rather than the server end due to how the processing engine was designed. Cryengine 3 was never actually made for multiplayer purposes, but rather for great graphics in singleplayer games and realistic physics and animation effects, sacrificing as little performance as possible. Obviously it CAN be used for multiplayer, but thats a byproduct of demand more so than intended design. But as I was saying, it could very well be a limitation on the client side on how much information is allowed to be received and sent at once. This does make sense since people who were not in Auroria during the housing changes felt less (but still felt) lag than those who were there witnessing what ArcheAge would be like if it was a turn based strategy game.

My bet? Its probably a mixture of both.

Yes, you should reduce numbers to 50 on 50.
40/40 would make it a lot easier to keep control of your members than 50/50 leaving 10 odd balls out for the main raid.

Do you realize I've been in 8 sieges and over 5 land rushes on official and have never once experienced anything remotely close to what I experienced here? Also, our framerates do not affect the engine of the game lol. Gameplay hinges entirely on the individual's video performance.

Do you realize I've been in 8 sieges and over 5 land rushes on official and have never once experienced anything remotely close to what I experienced here? Also, our framerates do not affect the engine of the game lol. Gameplay hinges entirely on the individual's video performance.
This is a lie. I remember my first siege on the official server, i can say for sure that the lag was even worse than here.

This is a lie. I remember my first siege on the official server, i can say for sure that the lag was even worse than here.

You lost me at "on the official server." There were 20ish? Also, you have no clue what you're talking about. Seiging was always fun in this game, never had an issue with lag, not once.

You lost me at "on the official server." There were 20ish? Also, you have no clue what you're talking about. Seiging was always fun in this game, never had an issue with lag, not once.
Well that was your experience, i told you mine. Have a good day.

Well that was your experience, i told you mine. Have a good day.

Actually, you called me a liar, yet you never even said what server you were on that had this "horrible, unplayable lag." Is that because, maybe someone on here will contradict you by also being on said, "the official server?"

Actually, you called me a liar, yet you never even said what server you were on that had this "horrible, unplayable lag." Is that because, maybe someone on here will contradict you by also being on said, "the official server?"
Official server = Trion server, more exactly Vengeance, thats not hard to understand, do you suffer from any kind of autism?

Locking the thread, nothing constructive going on to help solutions.
Few other threads going on with the similar discussions too.
Lets just wait admins to respond and or fix the problem please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back