What's new

Why are innocent people getting banned, and speed hackers still getting away with speedhacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiloh

Just what the title says... Whats going on here? I've got guild members getting banned for literally no reason, people I've known for years and who we've jumped game to game with. We do not cheat. Yet.. I see people like Distant among others that take days/weeks to get banned.. yet its blatantly obvious they are cheating... Im the first one to roast someone in faction/nation for cheating... I'd Gkick real cheaters in a heart beat. @IronLady @Krowley can you investigate the program you're using to find cheaters? Because it is NOT working correctly.

Have anyone who you feel was wrongfully banned please post here:
https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?forums/reports-ban-appeals.20/

Have them include their character names if necessary, account names, and an appeal reason. I haven't seen a whole lot of blindly banning going on. Are you with those guildies every moment of every day, and can you prove without a shadow of a doubt there isn't shenanigans going on? Just because someone says "dude I just got banned for no reason" doesn't mean there isn't hard evidence of them porting to a trade pack turn in, for example. Or hard evidence of them running alts. If the cheat detecting software is causing the bans, the appeals forum is the best place to have that overturned and innocence restored.

If you have a ban to report, please report it here: https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?forums/reports-ban-appeals.20/

Please include the name of the cheater, server time and location it happened, a description of what happened, and any/all physical media evidence you have of the cheater cheating.

Theres some bug people are getting where every 5 minutes into the game they get a pop up that says their client is damaged or they are cheating. Epic, I can ASSURE you the people that *I* know that are banned are not cheating. I'm not gonna vouche for garbage cheaters. I was the only one who camped Distant and had him on KoS so I mean...

Have anyone who you feel was wrongfully banned please post here:
https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?forums/reports-ban-appeals.20/

Have them include their character names if necessary, account names, and an appeal reason. I haven't seen a whole lot of blindly banning going on. Are you with those guildies every moment of every day, and can you prove without a shadow of a doubt there isn't shenanigans going on? Just because someone says "dude I just got banned for no reason" doesn't mean there isn't hard evidence of them porting to a trade pack turn in, for example. Or hard evidence of them running alts. If the cheat detecting software is causing the bans, the appeals forum is the best place to have that overturned and innocence restored.

If you have a ban to report, please report it here: https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?forums/reports-ban-appeals.20/

Please include the name of the cheater, server time and location it happened, a description of what happened, and any/all physical media evidence you have of the cheater cheating.
How are we to prove this? If they randomly get banned what proof can we possibly have to ensure they aren't cheaters? Can YOU provide proof other than your "system?" Its an actual problem-- I would love to find some middle ground here somehow.

I am not a coder. I cannot prove that your system is flagging wrong things. I am sorry, but theres people getting banned hwo couldnt even figure out how to install the game let alone how to cheat with it xD... I cannot prove your hackshield is not working correctly, but please take a second to possibly investigate it. Thats the ONLY proof i can offer. Perhaps a certain antivirus is flagging it?

How are we to prove this? If they randomly get banned what proof can we possibly have to ensure they aren't cheaters? Can YOU provide proof other than your "system?" Its an actual problem-- I would love to find some middle ground here somehow.

If they were banned by a cheat detection system, having them post so the admins can go "oh, I don't have any evidence of cheating here" is the best step. Otherwise, the admins will give them a definitive reason they were banned and the case will be closed. Posting about it here won't get their cases into the appeals stage, unfortunately. It also won't let the two admins who deal with bans and game code (Sparkle/Ironlady) actually see there may be an issue with the cheat detection.

Nexx, your appeal was replied to by IronLady 33 minutes ago giving you proof as to why you were banned. Please check that thread for more details. If you wish to disclose that reason here in the public forum, that's up to you but it seems pretty cut and dry from her reply.

Fluff, I will take a look

Fluff, you have received a response from Sparkle, apparently. I did not see one in the appeals section, I believe it came through PM.

Dreary, you created your appeal yesterday. It may take up to 48 hours to get an initial response from the GMs in regards to your case.

This is just getting obnoxious, I'm missing out on tons of gold and labor because of this, not to mention taxes I will have to pay and labor stipends in my mail that won't get sent. I hate playing this card, but picking some arbitrary number hour to not get back to someone's request is honestly ridiculous. It's apparent that this most recent ban wave picked up at least some false positives, and needs to be fixed asap.

I am not a coder. I cannot prove that your system is flagging wrong things. I am sorry, but theres people getting banned hwo couldnt even figure out how to install the game let alone how to cheat with it xD... I cannot prove your hackshield is not working correctly, but please take a second to possibly investigate it. Thats the ONLY proof i can offer. Perhaps a certain antivirus is flagging it?
I am not saying this is what happened, but just trying to give a bit of context.

Bans can happen for a variety of other reasons, not all of them being outright "big hacking" (speed/fly/teleport type of deal). Some people get banned for buying gold from third party sources or trying to sell through third party sources. Some people get banned for using mules and multi accounts that are little more than mules. Others get banned for excessive profanity. Some get banned for toying with system files (hint: if it's not an approved mod, you shouldn't be toying with any other file).

Not all of these bans are permanent, some are quite temporary (like excessive profanity).

It's taken a bit of time to go through all the requests and appeals because we had fallen a bit behind on banning (which led to some people feeling like they could get away with cheating seeing other people cheating, etc.) and, as such, there's a lot of appeals from people who, swear to God, have not done a single wrong in their entire life.

I have no knowledge of what you crew has done, but Sparkle and Ironlady will get around to it, if they haven't already. We're also expanding our tools to better identify and fight off potential hacking and will likely soon have a real-time presence ingame. In the meantime, we ask for your patience.

Thank you,

@Ulfnaor Well im banned for using the FOV mod u guys said was okay to use, and so many people are buying things for real money and you guys havent done a thing about them xD, say im lying ill give you a name xD

@Ulfnaor Well im banned for using the FOV mod u guys said was okay to use, and so many people are buying things for real money and you guys havent done a thing about them xD, say im lying ill give you a name xD

wait, FOV mod is triggering a false ban? Jesus Christ...

As we said, you can discuss the details of your ban in the appeal section. If it's a false positive, you will be unbanned promptly. However, unless you've also modified other files, the classic FoV mod doesn't trigger a ban. With that said, you've been given all the information you need.

Good luck in your appeal,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back