What's new

Can we draw the line at 3.0? (screw 3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soronir

I know there are plans to bring us up to 3.0 in the future, get the new zones and the new races.

I reallly hate the changes in 3.5, though, specifically the drastic changes to the trade pack system.

Perhaps we could have the other 3.5 updates but somehow just leave the trade system unchanged? I realize this is a long ways off, who knows how far we'll make it. I did want to get this off my chest well in advance, though, and see if anyone else was of the same mind.

EDIT: Removed the offensive language, my bad.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you 100%. I hate 3.5 with every bone in my body! Patch 3.5 was the worst thing that ever happened to ArcheAge.

Patch 3.0 was also horrible (the introduction of the vocation system was dreadful) but the new races, zones and skills kind of balanced out the horribleness.

But there was nothing good about 3.5. All it did was cause incredible harm to the game. ArcheAge is no longer ArcheAge! It's just a butchered shell of the game it used to be.

So I couldn't agree with you more, I hope ArcheRage NEVER update to 3.5.

Edit: Soronir you might want to edit your post. Personally, I'm not offended by swearing (and in the case of patch 3.5 I fully understand your anger) but if it's against the forum rules, then I'd hate to see this thread get deleted, because I think this is a really important subject that people need to discuss.

Last edited:
3.0 and 3.5 in terms of class balance is way better than 2.9 in fact we need to bring the balance changes that KR is making asap archeage in this versions is just a complete DR tripfest even more in 2.9 and I don't want just one class in the entire server

Will you get over yourself already? It's people like you that ruin forum communities, friggin brown nosers.

My issues with the 3.5 changes stemmed mostly from the introduction of the Ancestral levels, which were quite favorable for some classes and downright destructive to others. Combined with the removal of Gold Trader from Freedich and other "gold balance" changes, I'd like to see the server remain with 3.0. Perhaps several things can be modified since this is a private server? I'm open to further updates, I'd just like to see more community interaction than Trion had. Regardless, this already shows more promise than any of the official servers currently have.

I like that we can craft erenor gear and also that we can choose which kind of armor we get out in 3.5. For me that was a big improvement. Also in 3.5, the ancestral skills made me fun to play with.

I like that we can craft erenor gear and also that we can choose which kind of armor we get out in 3.5. For me that was a big improvement. Also in 3.5, the ancestral skills made me fun to play with.

Erenor is useless. Celestial Erenor was BARELY equivalent(actually lower gearscore) than Divine Ayanad and costed a shit ton just to get there.

If you were on a legacy server, sure, 3.5 was prob fine cause you'd be stacking gold and mats for eternity on nearly dead servers. But for everyone who played the 3.0 fresh start it was pure cancer and not worth the effort due to a severe lack in resources.

Agreed - if you spent any time around 3.0 and 3.5 you would know that both are cancer. 3.0 ruins farming and introduces terrible vocation/family daily - BUT HEY you get dwarfs.... and 3.5 - lul... da fuk is this?? Why kill trade?? I still don't get this. AA HAD epic trade and ocean battles, why take that away???
F Trion for not listening to their players/customers

Agreed - if you spent any time around 3.0 and 3.5 you would know that both are cancer. 3.0 ruins farming and introduces terrible vocation/family daily - BUT HEY you get dwarfs.... and 3.5 - lul... da fuk is this?? Why kill trade?? I still don't get this. AA HAD epic trade and ocean battles, why take that away???
F Trion for not listening to their players/customers
3.0 killed crafting with ezpz epic mistsong free fiesta

we should be able to meet in the middle
have 2 servers one on 2.9 the other on 3.0, but that would probably be a little difficult to do, monitoring 2 servers on vastly different systems, but it is still a thought

we should be able to meet in the middle
have 2 servers one on 2.9 the other on 3.0, but that would probably be a little difficult to do, monitoring 2 servers on vastly different systems, but it is still a thought

Would split the playerbase too much. Some people would play one over the other due to them liking certain things about the different patches.

people seem to like the new zones and races aby possible way of adding them in while everything else in patch 2.9 is maintained?

3.5 trade changes are meant for a bustling population, they are harmful for dead/low pop servers. Erenor gear shouldn't exist or their leveling method should be different. The ancestral skills are a gamechanger, made a lot more classes viable.

I'm also one of the people who say the removal of crystal stabilizers, rock salt stabilizers and wisps was bad.
Simplifying/downgrading gameplay/mechanics does not make a game better.

The ideal patch for me would be 2.9 trade and crafting. Add 3.0+3.5 skill changes but keep the 2.9 passives. Add the new zones from 3.0 and 3.5 along with the bosses but remove transformation skills from the new races. Oh and make mistsong weapons only obtainable by running them. There should be no reason why we can get weapons from upgrading and not armors.

I might be forgetting some stuff but that's the most of it.

Really, it's pretty simple.

Bring 3.0.

Bring 3.5 only if you can completely remove all the trading aspects of the patch because they're a monstrosity and just don't work. Skillchanges are good, though.

3.0 and 3.5 brought alot of class diversity into the meta. 3.0 in itself was a good patch for a lot of classes, while 3.5 had alot of skill changes that were fantastic. If there's anyway to bring those patches back into the game without screwing the economy again im all for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back