What's new

Can we draw the line at 3.0? (screw 3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.0 and 3.5 brought alot of class diversity into the meta. 3.0 in itself was a good patch for a lot of classes, while 3.5 had alot of skill changes that were fantastic. If there's anyway to bring those patches back into the game without screwing the economy again im all for it

3.5 woulda been fine if they hadnt touched trade packs, no doubt. This is a very economy driven game so when you completely fuck with it, people dont like it xD

3.5 trade changes are meant for a bustling population, they are harmful for dead/low pop servers. Erenor gear shouldn't exist or their leveling method should be different. The ancestral skills are a gamechanger, made a lot more classes viable.

I'm also one of the people who say the removal of crystal stabilizers, rock salt stabilizers and wisps was bad.
Simplifying/downgrading gameplay/mechanics does not make a game better.

The ideal patch for me would be 2.9 trade and crafting. Add 3.0+3.5 skill changes but keep the 2.9 passives. Add the new zones from 3.0 and 3.5 along with the bosses but remove transformation skills from the new races. Oh and make mistsong weapons only obtainable by running them. There should be no reason why we can get weapons from upgrading and not armors.

I might be forgetting some stuff but that's the most of it.
keep the transformation skills for the new races, but i'd say if possible give the other races a transformation/powerup ability equal

3.0 is so nice, you can fish in safe zones with 10000000 alts and get more gold than someone who is actually playing. /s

I love the zones in 3.0 along with the new races and diversity in classes. the transformations were a little annoying but it was nothing I tilted over..the main issue with current 2.9 im seeing is that same classes such as DR and no housing areas available..not even for sale its all demo for high amounts of gold that is to risky to mess with. 3.5.....don't mess with trade routes PLEASE!

I like that we can craft erenor gear and also that we can choose which kind of armor we get out in 3.5. For me that was a big improvement. Also in 3.5, the ancestral skills made me fun to play with.

Agreed. I like the changes to gear crafting. Being able to pick your proc and even change it down the road if you want is really good.

I did not like loosing Edwin on Freedich, but I do like the new trade system, though it would be better if charcoal wasn't quite so hard to get. It took me a while to get used to the whole pack/cargo system, and I had to kind of take it in stages, but once I worked it all out it was really good. I prefer doing things via water and I think that the greatest strength of the game is it's naval combat and water activities. The new trade system, which puts the turn in's all on the water's edge makes more sense than the former more land based system, IMO.

I also love that salvage packs don't cost labor to turn in because this encourages more open world PvP on the water. The whole system is about moving more play to the water, and I love it.

Last edited:
Agreed - if you spent any time around 3.0 and 3.5 you would know that both are cancer. 3.0 ruins farming and introduces terrible vocation/family daily - BUT HEY you get dwarfs.... and 3.5 - lul... da fuk is this?? Why kill trade?? I still don't get this. AA HAD epic trade and ocean battles, why take that away???
F Trion for not listening to their players/customers
Farming problems are an easy fix if they become an issue I’m pretty sure. 3.0 patch allows for a lot of variety in classes, and the shrug bondbreaker dmg reduction is a well needed nerf. Right now all we have is brainlet dark runners who think they have master control while they trip you with their 123 combo. Clicking shrug and bondbreaker to allow them to take 50% dmg from all sources is retarded. That’s why I think pvp wise 3.0 is the best.

2.9 is perfect for me but the only thing I'd ever want is the Dwarfs :) and I appreciate what u guys have done here, has brought back many great memories and exciting gameplay.

Or why not bring every update but nitpick what players want and leave the rest out? I think that'd be awesome honestly.
Don't know if they could do that but I really like the new races.
I can't comment on how 3.0/3.5 or other updates ruined AA as I didn't play live for long (only when it released) but plenty of players here could give their feedback I guess.

Sorry if this was said already, didn't read much of the thread.

The only good part of 3.0 was the change to aurmancy and BR, that required actual reaction times to pop shrug and bondbreaker, and the races.

Warborn and dwarves have amazing animations. Plus the transformations are pretty badass. A tad sad that other races didn't retroactively get a transform as well, but that's XL games planning.

The changes to other skill trees in 3.0 sucked ass. Witchcraft got nerfed into the dirt for pointless things. QoL skills for farming were wiped out for no reason.

And now that I'm thinking about it, didn't Synthium crafting requirements go through the roof? Costumes became exponentially more expensive with either 3.0 or 3.5, I forget...

Also the vocation system is shit in 3.0. Please no.

Last edited:
"Also the vocation system is shit in 3.0. Please no."
THIS !!!!! So much!!
Not to mention the stupid family daily grind system is terrible. This promoted alts which is not allowed here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back