What's new

Kraken Ink Sac

The introduction of more Kraken inc sacks into the game

• Add a pack to abyssal which has a rare chance to have a inc sac as the reward.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Have kraken release an extra type of tentacle pack that rewards an inc sack

Votes: 65 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Implementing a custom update to increase the supply of Kraken Ink Sacs is actually pointless, the 4.0 global update eliminates Kraken Ink Sac material requirements for all T6 Obsidian recipes aside from cloth/leather/plate foot-slot items. The foot-slot as a whole is not an impactful piece of equipment and when the 4.0 update goes live in October the demand for Kraken Ink Sacs will naturally fall quite a bit. There is no need to implement a custom change for an item that is naturally going to be phased out on a scheduled update for this server.

If you want to see the T6 Obsidian recipes of 4.0 go to this website and filter by "cloaked wondrous".

An in game polling system really should he implemented and for this poll it should require kraken eyes to even vote, that way the carebears that hate the concept of pvp and dont go to any content cant kill the game.

LMAO whoever is voting for the first option is just gonna cause the PNs to grief the abyssal kraken and camp gaurdstones until the event is over. See you boys 2 weeks after this change gets put in under the "Please reverse the abyssal pack change so that PNs stop griefing" forum post.

Unfortunately, PNs ruin the possibility of Factions content. Added to this that in the factions themselves there are Guilds with the only notion of Pk and steal. It seems to me excellent that the Kraken Inc Item can be obtained elsewhere, as it is needed to move forward with the team. And I am sorry that only a small group of people can obtain it. Not less price the effort to make 4 - 8hrs of PvP to kill the Kraken, but I do not see it viable in the Current Reality of the Server, that dominated by 2 greedy, selfish and hateful PNs.

It´s not healthy want to monopolize everything, Because all like the game, and not only the PNs should be able to access and improve their equipment with this item, while the others are at put in Jake Mate to advance the GearScore.

You are right and this change is just one that will make PN monopolize ANOTHER event we barely come out to abyssal right now because kraken is more worth it. well what happens when all we need to do is stop people from crafting middle while making our own packs? you wont get abyssal either if this change goes through so think very carefully about how you voted and maybe change it. Because if you dont want another monopolized event you'll keep us doing kraken instead of abyssal.

As I said on my previous post

Kraken is for the crazy people that want to stay 8hours to fight

Abyssal is for reasonable people that want to casually pvp and get some reward at the end.

The Abyssal change will force the crazy ones to go to Abyssal Kraken and deny it spawning ever.

How will you make ink sacs if you can't channel?

And in the end you will not only have to pay for expensive ink sacs, but will also have killed one of the casual pvp events.

In my opinion all of this is pointless.

If 100 people are out there fighting at every kraken spawn for 2-10 hours. Then that mat is worth 50k+ simple as that.

Your guildie needs kraken ink sac?
You can't organise a raid to go out pvp at kraken?
Organise a raid to go Meina Glenn, Sell the mat
Organise a raid to go do Anthalon, Sell the boss drop
Organise a raid to run 20 merch ships while half the server is fighting at kraken, and make gold to help your guildie buy the ink sac for 50k.

50k divided by 35 people (going off that screenshot I saw earlier ) = 1,428k per person

1,428k divided by 4 hours = 357g per hour per person.

1 hour of farming the new coin purses = 1.2k per hour per person.

Stop handing out shit for free

Why not just enforce activity in other content as a whole? For example: we only really need 1 Hound of Kyrios Soulstone. We only need 1 Hanure's Heart, Anthalon's Staff, Meina's Ring, etc. So for those of us doing those bosses regularly, we end up just racking up a bunch of them. Why not let us turn gigantic multiples of those into ink sacs, thus enforcing us to at least be in the area in some capacity for these bosses? It'd encourage more activity in other areas where there is little-to-none or an overabundance of it. Unsure of what specific numbers to use, but it'd be a thought. Not something low to where you can get it daily, but not something so exorbitant that it'd take a year to accumulate an upgrade.

Last edited:
All these threats from PN to dominate Kraken and Abyssal at the same time, so what? If they want to spend that kind of time denying content to the rest of the server, so be it. They'll eventually get burned out trying to monopolize everything.

Some players seem to need that feeling of control that they get out of a video game because they have no control over anything else in their real lives. For those, it is quite pathetic. That shouldn't mean that everyone else's progression should be stopped simply because a small group of people think they should totally control something.

All these threats from PN to dominate Kraken and Abyssal at the same time, so what? If they want to spend that kind of time denying content to the rest of the server, so be it. They'll eventually get burned out trying to monopolize everything.
It is incredibly easy to stop people from doing abyssal. No one's going to get burnt out from afking on a clipper with a mythic cannon and blowing up guardstones.

Some players seem to need that feeling of control that they get out of a video game because they have no control over anything else in their real lives. For those, it is quite pathetic. That shouldn't mean that everyone else's progression should be stopped simply because a small group of people think they should totally control something.
For one, it's not a small group. Both PNs make up a fairly significant portion of the playerbase.
And calling people pathetic for playing the game is pretty silly. Denying abyssal is just the inevitable result of a change like this.

You are right and this change is just one that will make PN monopolize ANOTHER event we barely come out to abyssal right now because kraken is more worth it. well what happens when all we need to do is stop people from crafting middle while making our own packs? you wont get abyssal either if this change goes through so think very carefully about how you voted and maybe change it. Because if you dont want another monopolized event you'll keep us doing kraken instead of abyssal.
Yes, but Kraken as an event not only drops Ink but also other objects that are good and unique, therefore. Leaving this Item for access to others seems me perfect. It would be different if the whole drop of the Kraken Event was in RNG of Abysal packages.
It seems to me that they just want to continue limiting the advance of the GearScore to others.
And that is what I see evil of the Nations.
In the end, we wait for the votes to see what reasoning is the one perceived by the rest of the server and not by 35 people from PN.

They never even changed the outcome of the fight.

That is the fucking dumbest thing I've seen someone say this year. When PN2 was out at Halcy with Strykes Zarrya Easy & Chump they'd be the cause West wasn't able to get into Easts base for the entire duration of halcy. < Winter > formed a seperate raid only to fight off these people so the PUG raid can focus on east base. We needed an entire group of dedicated players to solve this issue. Do you actually believe a player such as Strykes with high burst & mobility, abuse of invincibility and nui/guard running, who baits people into reach of a top 20 archer serpent sighting off a mountain is unable to interrupt an entire event when we already have Iron Head go and purple everyone ?
I can go to East GR/CR and one-shot half their fucking raid until they give up and go to bunker and you're telling me that these people "never changed the outcome of the fight". Wake up you're either oblivious or blatantly lying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hny
Let me make this painfully clear to everybody here in this thread... If you do not consistently go out and PvP over end game content (Kraken, RD, TWT, Leviathan, castles and to a lesser extent meina, glenn, anthalon, morpheus) then you do not deserve the loot from said events. If you would like loot then either make a guild or join a guild and go out and PvP in the pursuit of those items.

Otherwise fuck off back to your mainland continent and go about farming your land and doing faction-wide daily events because the whole lot of you and the whole lot of us hardcore PvP content driven guilds play two completely different games and you don't deserve any of the benefits that we actually EARN from participating in such.

If you want items then you better fight for them and actually earn them. Fucking generation of participation trophy children.

Yes, but Kraken as an event not only drops Ink but also other objects that are good and unique, therefore. Leaving this Item for access to others seems me perfect. It would be different if the whole drop of the Kraken Event was in RNG of Abysal packages.
It seems to me that they just want to continue limiting the advance of the GearScore to others.
And that is what I see evil of the Nations.
In the end, we wait for the votes to see what reasoning is the one perceived by the rest of the server and not by 35 people from PN.

Kraken as 2 drops that are worth anything at all. How would you feel about a change that made it so the one thing that is a consistant drop even after 10 hours of pvp gets devalued and handed out based on RNG? How is it fair that something that is meant to be a guaranteed safety net style drop gets just randomly handed out? What happens when the value of that items gets say cut in half from this change no one will care about coming out and doing a boss is meant to worth the effort put in. Why would they? When they could just go camp east and west at abyssal for a predetermined amount of time and make SURE either no one gets the ink sac or they get it anyway. The change makes NO SENSE from any way that you think about it. East and West shouldnt want it because then they will get farmed off from an event that they have a chance to get while we are fighting over kraken. And the PNs shouldnt want it because it means they have to pull people off from kraken just to make sure they get the other ink sac from abyssal. If you want more Ink Sacs in the game atleast keep the drop on the same boss and make it a tent proc instead. Otherwise like I mentioned before the same people crying about PN being too strong and free farming end game bosses are gonna be right back on here complaining that now they cant even finish the cast on the loadstone because they are getting flame conc'd from 100 to 0 10 seconds before the cast ends by 1 archer.

That is the fucking dumbest thing I've seen someone say this year. When PN2 was out at Halcy with Strykes Zarrya Easy & Chump they'd be the cause West wasn't able to get into Easts base for the entire duration of halcy. < Winter > formed a seperate raid only to fight off these people so the PUG raid can focus on east base. We needed an entire group of dedicated players to solve this issue. Do you actually believe a player such as Strykes with high burst & mobility, abuse of invincibility and nui/guard running, who baits people into reach of a top 20 archer serpent sighting off a mountain is unable to interrupt an entire event when we already have Iron Head go and purple everyone ?
I never played with West. They never made East lose from the time I've played, and I know they didn't only focus west.

I can go to East GR/CR and one-shot half their fucking raid until they give up and go to bunker and you're telling me that these people "never changed the outcome of the fight". Wake up you're either oblivious or blatantly lying.
CR / GR is completely different from halcy, the only similarity between them is that they're both faction events. I can wipe East with a sleepsong at CR, it doesn't mean I can at Halcy. Unless you believe you'd be able to solo contest east or west at Halcy, too.

I'm sort of amazed by how heated you got over a single comment pal. Try relaxing a little instead of getting angry over words.

I suggest that instead of adding additional drops to either events, make it purchasable with the use of maelstrom coins which would in addition to making it easier to attain but would also bring more people to the new pvp arena

As I said on my previous post

Kraken is for the crazy people that want to stay 8hours to fight

Abyssal is for reasonable people that want to casually pvp and get some reward at the end.

The Abyssal change will force the crazy ones to go to Abyssal Kraken and deny it spawning ever.

How will you make ink sacs if you can't channel?

And in the end you will not only have to pay for expensive ink sacs, but will also have killed one of the casual pvp events.

In my opinion all of this is pointless.

If 100 people are out there fighting at every kraken spawn for 2-10 hours. Then that mat is worth 50k+ simple as that.

Your guildie needs kraken ink sac?
You can't organise a raid to go out pvp at kraken?
Organise a raid to go Meina Glenn, Sell the mat
Organise a raid to go do Anthalon, Sell the boss drop
Organise a raid to run 20 merch ships while half the server is fighting at kraken, and make gold to help your guildie buy the ink sac for 50k.

50k divided by 35 people (going off that screenshot I saw earlier ) = 1,428k per person

1,428k divided by 4 hours = 357g per hour per person.

1 hour of farming the new coin purses = 1.2k per hour per person.

Stop handing out shit for free
Kraken and Abyssal happen at the same time. Kraken still drops very good things and is more than worth fighting over. Also, no matter who gets Abyssal, it will still create enough kraken ink sacs for the market to drop in price. Stop defending this change because you'd rather win and sell the ink sac for 70k. Option 1 is going to happen because that is what will benefit the majority of players. Start selling the kraken gliders instead I guess if you want so much gold.

Let me summarize our options without pretty words:

Option 1: kraken ink will drop randomly in the abyssal event packs... ok it sounds good. LESS FOR THE FACT that the selfish PN can simply deny the content of this event by breaking some pebbles that neither east nor west can defend... conclusion 1 kraken ink in PN, or more if they want the event to be activated and kill everyone in the middle island so that no one else can make their pack, gg.

Option 2: easy... you kill 1 kraken and they give you more than one kraken ink, which will continue to monopolize the PN, obviously. the price will fall if they want, or not, and they will continue to be equipped as usual (SPOILER: the ones with more money to pay for it!)

I don't know if with these wonderful summaries you have realized that here, on our server, the common factor of the problem is the PN... East, west, pirates... nobody has the strength to do anything against them. In our factions, the only thing that is done is to kill each other, while those who are equipped continue marching to swell their ranks.

I still remember what it was like to play without a PN (I played like that in the official years ago) when the whole faction joined forces to win something, no matter if you had 2k of gs or 7k you were going to help. I even remember fighting east and west together to do leviathan and fighting pirates.

No matter what we vote, we are screwed the same, the problem is not the kraken ink, the problem is the PN

---------------------

The same but in Spanish, because not everyone understands English well, and we are quite Spanish-speaking already :)

Dejadme que resuma nuestras opciones sin palabras bonitas:

Opción 1: kraken ink caerá de manera aleatoria en los packs del abyssal event...ok suena bien. MENOS POR EL HECHO de que las egoístas PN sencillamente pueden negar el contenido de este evento rompiendo unas piedras que ni east ni west podrán defender....conclusión 1 kraken ink en PN, o mas si quieren que el evento se active y matan a todos en la isla del medio para que ningún otro pueda hacer su pack, gg.

Opción 2: fácil...matas 1 kraken y te dan mas de un kraken ink, que seguirán monopolizando las PN, obviamente. el precio bajara si ellos quieren, o no, y se seguirán equipando los mismos de siempre (SPOILER: los que mas dinero tengan para pagarlo!)

No se si con estos maravillosos resúmenes os habéis dado cuenta de que aquí, en nuestro servidor, el factor común del problema son las PN...Este, oeste, piratas....nadie tiene fuerza para hacer nada contra ellos. en nuestras facciones lo único que se hace es matarse unos a otros, mientras los que se equipan continúan marchándose a engrosar sus filas.
Aun recuerdo como era jugar sin PN (yo jugué así en el oficial años atras) cuando toda la facción aunaba fuerzas para ganar algo, sin importar si tenias 2k de gs o 7k tu ibas a ayudar. Incluso recuerdo luchando juntos a este y oeste para hacer el leviatan y peleando contra los piratas.

No importa lo que votemos, estamos jodidos igual, el problema no son los kraken ink, el problema son las PN

Last edited:
Let me summarize our options without pretty words:

Option 1: kraken ink will drop randomly in the abyssal event packs... ok it sounds good. LESS FOR THE FACT that the selfish PN can simply deny the content of this event by breaking some pebbles that neither east nor west can defend... conclusion 1 kraken ink in PN, or more if they want the event to be activated and kill everyone in the middle island so that no one else can make their pack, gg.

Option 2: easy... you kill 1 kraken and they give you more than one kraken ink, which will continue to monopolize the PN, obviously. the price will fall if they want, or not, and they will continue to be equipped as usual (SPOILER: the ones with more money to pay for it!)

I don't know if with these wonderful summaries you have realized that here, on our server, the common factor of the problem is the PN... East, west, pirates... nobody has the strength to do anything against them. In our factions, the only thing that is done is to kill each other, while those who are equipped continue marching to swell their ranks.

I still remember what it was like to play without a PN (I played like that in the official years ago) when the whole faction joined forces to win something, no matter if you had 2k of gs or 7k you were going to help. I even remember fighting east and west together to do leviathan and fighting pirates.

No matter what we vote, we are screwed the same, the problem is not the kraken ink, the problem is the PN
No matter what, the ink sac will be plentiful. There will be too many. You can't deny the market.

Even for people in the PN, there will be SOOOO many ink sacs that they cannot ask their members to hold them. People will sell them guaranteed. The price will drop.

I don't even need an ink sac anymore. I'm good. I just want to see the normal factions be able to gear without spending an equivalent of $200 in game for 1 item. Option 1 will make that change happen inevitably.

No matter what, the ink sac will be plentiful. There will be too many. You can't deny the market.

Even for people in the PN, there will be SOOOO many ink sacs that they cannot ask their members to hold them. People will sell them guaranteed. The price will drop.

I don't even need an ink sac anymore. I'm good. I just want to see the normal factions be able to gear without spending an equivalent of $200 in game for 1 item. Option 1 will make that change happen inevitably.

With the first option there will be no market if there is no event xD is simple.
On Tuesday we went to do all my guild abyssal (we are not a basbarity, 15-20 people, a couple of healers, many with low starting gs, the typical)

We went with the emotion that this was already implemented and we could help our partner to get his kraken ink, since when he was several months in PN they did not give it, or left cheap (surprising ... HA!)
After seeing how the two PNs were sticking with each other and breaking the cast for almost 1h, suddenly they left the majority, and 5 minutes after not being able to activate the event, with the help of DC we managed to activate it.

Realistically, the PNs were playing with us, they didn't really fight at any time, and we hardly managed to activate the xD event! and that will be worse if they put the kraken ink there, they will simply deny the content to others so that the price does not go down, they just need to break the stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back