What's new

Levi nerf

Can I ask why you guys thought this nerf was needed? And if the loot chance for the Eneon was nerfed as well ?

All the changes related to the Leviathan, can be found in 4.0 patch notes.
But I have a question to you as well, do you think it would be better for it to stay a dead content for another 2 years?

Yes I do the reward for Levi is really good maybe not the Armor but the eneon boat is really good .
First off you have luscas takes 5000 scraps to make 1 boat. Lusca spawns 3 times a week. So if a single person got every single fragment it would take still some time possible months until they were able to gather up 5000 fragments . So with maxiumun efficiency 1 Eneon boat is introduced into the game every couple months . With this change you have changed the amount of enoens introduced by 1 per 1-2 months (possible to be longer I hadn’t done the math) to 2-3 Enoens per week. Now That is a significant change. I don’t mind the Levi nerf , but you cannot nerf something and just give the same reward. Now I’m trying hard not to be rude here, but how many factions or guilds do you think are even setup to kill levi .? You can contest Levi but the despawn time is 24 hours. How many people do you think with the current population are wanting to sit on Levi for 24 hours 2-3 times per week to contest.? While only 1 nation is actually setup to kill it. So the other 3 nations can only contest. Now how long does it take to get setup to kill Levi . Well it takes 2-3 months to farm up a enoen.

But I have a question to you as well, do you think it would be better for it to stay a dead content for another 2 years?

That would be sad imo, but I think most people are a bit peeved that it's PN1 that's been getting all the kills ;-)

Yes I do the reward for Levi is really good maybe not the Armor but the eneon boat is really good .
First off you have luscas takes 5000 scraps to make 1 boat. Lusca spawns 3 times a week. So if a single person got every single fragment it would take still some time possible months until they were able to gather up 5000 fragments . So with maxiumun efficiency 1 Eneon boat is introduced into the game every couple months . With this change you have changed the amount of enoens introduced by 1 per 1-2 months (possible to be longer I hadn’t done the math) to 2-3 Enoens per week. Now That is a significant change. I don’t mind the Levi nerf , but you cannot nerf something and just give the same reward. Now I’m trying hard not to be rude here, but how many factions or guilds do you think are even setup to kill levi .? You can contest Levi but the despawn time is 24 hours. How many people do you think with the current population are wanting to sit on Levi for 24 hours 2-3 times per week to contest.? While only 1 nation is actually setup to kill it. So the other 3 nations can only contest. Now how long does it take to get setup to kill Levi . Well it takes 2-3 months to farm up a enoen.
So you would rather a boss never be killed than having more enoan designs be generated into the game.

The custom nerf is small. His skill has an increased cooldown and hp regen decreased.
We did not half his hp, speed or damage to make him a much easier boss. He had a small regen nerf and an increase to 1 of its skills cooldown.

Leviathan was always setup to be the main generator of enoan designs and the lusca to be an alternative way.
It is the biggest boss in the game and took 2 years to kill it.

So because other guilds or factions will not put forth the effort to contest nor do the boss and you believe that's grounds to nerf it lol. The boss is very difficult and can not be done by a group that has not practiced we've been practicing Levi for months previous to this and it's taken a very long time for our drivers to learn the boss and how to handle different scenarios appropriately. Levi is not a boss you just show up and kill it takes time to learn and practice. Inregards to contesting it takes one block boat to ruin a whole attempt lol and let's not pretend y'all don't have alts I mean the first time you guys scouted us going out was using alt afk on a radar.

While only 1 nation is actually setup to kill it. So the other 3 nations can only contest. Now how long does it take to get setup to kill Levi . Well it takes 2-3 months to farm up a enoen.

Hey bro idk if you are new here or something but just so you know there are some other boats in the game you can use to kill levi/kraken, here let me help you out a bit

https://archeage.gamepedia.com/Lutesong_Junk

Or

https://archeage.gamepedia.com/Eznan_Cutter

Have fun bro.

There’s other enoans in the game currently, not only did we practice levi for several months to learn the mechanics but were the only ones to attempt it. So imo you can’t really complain about a boss being killed that not a single other guild has attempted.

That nerf didnt had significant impact on levi kill. And i thinnk we cant do anything about fact that other factions are not prepeared for it, like what u expect us to do ? help them ?

I think they deserve it. I know they been trying it for several months and have figured it out now.

It just sucks that it's up so frequently and then for a whole 24 hours, too.

Of course you can say "Just go contest it", well yeah for that we'd need to know when you are actually trying it, and then put resources into contesting it and making sure you won't come back for a full day before doing it again 2 days later.

Dunno. Would seem like a real pain.
Then again who cares. Pn at this point probably has chests with every possible boss drop in unimaginable amounts.
Doesn't make a diffrence if they add a couple enoans to their collection :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So you would rather a boss never be killed than having more enoan designs be generated into the game.

The custom nerf is small. His skill has an increased cooldown and hp regen decreased.
We did not half his hp, speed or damage to make him a much easier boss. He had a small regen nerf and an increase to 1 of its skills cooldown.

Leviathan was always setup to be the main generator of enoan designs and the lusca to be an alternative way.
It is the biggest boss in the game and took 2 years to kill it.
Quote from patch notes-
Leviathan receives several changes:
Leviathan's Fury skill cooldown increased from 60 sec to 180 sec.
Leviathan’s health regeneration during several battle stages is reduced.

If you guys could release the info on the health regen so we could debate it as on the patch notes there is no real numbers to really analyze now if we look at the info players were provided

The skill leviathan fury . Went from 60 seconds to 180 seconds. In terms of a %. That is a 200% nerf. In no way is 200% a small number.

The fact is pn1 got it under 10% in 3.5 and would of killed it if it wasn’t for pn2 and west faction to block the kill.

The last bit here is strictly my opinion and should be taken as so .

If you think that the biggest and hardest boss should be on farm mode. Then clearly that’s your decision, but in terms of server health it’s probably not wise. Also on live this change was not needed Levi was killed just because people on this server haven’t done before the nerf doesn’t mean it wasn’t possible.

Just to note all of pn 1 is probably going to be freaking out about this post, I won’t be replying to them to avoid toxicity. After all this is a game debates forum not a insult forum which they like to frequently turn it into.

The Regen of the boss in the last two phases was reduced by 30%, and in regards to us attempting the boss in a previous patch we got it to 4% and west/east/pn2 had nothing to do with why it wasn't killed that day it was the nature of the boss that it lived.

I agree that the enoan design dropping from content that only 1 group of players can complete makes an insurmountable gap between them and the rest of the server when it comes to ship combat. I think that with the Leviathan nerf, it would make sense to drop the Enoan design to a % chance drop instead.

As it stands, it's not able to be contested without a completely unreasonable amount of investment - the despawn timer is vastly too long. Shorten the window of time the boss is up to make it reasonable to contest.

Right now, the way the content can be farmed is bad for the server's health. Once PN1 has a fleet of enoans and bullies west off the oceans, with no recourse because of how broken the Enoans are to begin with, the game becomes a lot less fun. I wouldn't be surprised to see people start migrating away from the server.

Once again the arguement is "we can't do it so why should they be allowed too", What comes next you guys gonna make kraken have a % chance to drop weapons or nothing at all? Its sad that this is what the server has come to, alot of low effort people that get upset at people who are willing to put forth the effort to improve and move forward towards goals. Even if the despawn timer was to be reverted to the live despawn timer its still up for 12hrs and I doubt that would make a difference for a west faction that goes to sleep the moment kraken spawns cause its too late.
(small edit) > Oh and having more enoans is irrelevant as they require more people to man than a normal boat and we only average 20-30 players in a raid. so this whole they'll have a whole fleet!! argument is ridiculous. There is plenty of enoans on each faction. For west Blackbeard, Wyatt and for east Puppeteer,Bater,Derpn(banned). Just because your boats won't login or you don't have good relations with them doesn't mean we should be punished.

Back