What's new

ArcheRage 3.0 Discussion

"This was designed as a gold sink to make people start over. Please don't do this." Nope it was just designed to have newer players who play as those factions have an "Ace" if you will.
Also notice how an ace isn't a trump card and can be beat, but it's a competitive entrance, so to speak.

Let's keep the discussion on track and flowing with 3.0 things you would like to see adjusted or taken out entirely.

Just say no to royal seeds!
# save shrug!
This patch makes shrug and bondbreaker pretty shitty. Plate guys take another blow in this patch. Keep shrug the same!
This is another of the many patches that Trion / XL kill gold makeing so people will buy apex
seems every time you get set up to make gold its Patch Time!
When they change the packs / areas to turn in, there is less content on the water. We all remember lonely Live server waters.
#Save the sea content!
Why not unbind Obs gear??

KEEP:

New Races
New zones
New race Transformations
Weapon/Armor/Accessory Anchoring shards/emblems
Skill modifications (except baleful recharge in Witchcraft. Don't make that a 2% trigger chance. This was stupid). Down with shrug OP prepop 50% mag reduction bullshit, and down with bondbreaker.
Skill queue (single tapped mana stars are so nice. No more waiting for 4 to cast)
Regular Crates. Great addition to the economy.
Upgraded teleport book. So good
Hatred/Abyssal skills.
Crafting fees on TRADEPACKS ONLY.

MODIFY:

Racial passives. *DO NOT MAKE THESE CASTABLE SKILLS. SO BAD.* What's the even point of playing as a race if their natural skills are only available on cooldown. You what?
Royal seed drop rates. Make them drop just a tad more. Honestly, limiting the number of larders large guilds can turn in if they dominate is a very good way to stop people getting too rich.
Lunarite drop rates. These need to come out of regular crates at a decent drop rate. The metallic crates were dumb.
Vocation changes, BUT keep the ability to buy seeds with gold as WELL as vocation. Also, do NOT remove vocation earning for performing your job tasks. Keep the earning the same.
Family changes and vocation quests, but also have the ability to get vocation with performing gathering, mining, husbandry, etc (see above)
Shield penetration/puncture values. Battlerage got way too powerful with this crap.

DITCH:

Gilda stars in trade packs. Why the hell?
Crafting fees on items. Just, why? Too much goldsink

Last edited:
can be on 3.0 the changes made on 3.5/4.5 about regrading on live korea? This help new player to catch up fast the actual divine/epìc lvl of older players than another changes that the team can bring us with that update

Keep the change to remove the damage reduction entirely, but why no pre-pop? I don’t like someone channeling a overwhelm etc. and having to wait for it to hit me when I can already react.

The entire prepop meta allows classes like DRs to basically lunch everyone. "Oh, I see someone that COULD CC me with quick enough reactions, but looks pretty weak over all. Fuck it, lemme stealth up, pop all my CC prevention shit, then lunch that asshole real fast". It's bad and unbalanced enough battlerage already has broken puncture and skill reset procs, paired with shit like shortspears and nodachis. It needs no more advantages than it already has.

KEEP:

Skill queue (single tapped mana stars are so nice. No more waiting for 4 to cast)

That's for you, but for EU player or people with bad internet (and there are 70 % of people in these situation on the server) it's not true, that's why my only wish it's this skillqueue have one option to unlock/ lock. I think it's important for all people, because trust me, for one archer, 1 Arrow each second it's so so slowly.

The entire prepop meta allows classes like DRs to basically lunch everyone. "Oh, I see someone that COULD CC me with quick enough reactions, but looks pretty weak over all. Fuck it, lemme stealth up, pop all my CC prevention shit, then lunch that asshole real fast". It's bad and unbalanced enough battlerage already has broken puncture and skill reset procs, paired with shit like shortspears and nodachis. It needs no more advantages than it already has.
I don’t think it’s the pre pop that’s the problem, it’s the fact that they become baisically a Uber tank by the click of two buttons. That’s gone in 3.0 with the reductions being removed. With EU players, pressing shrug when they want to after they get stunned, sometimes won’t go off because of ping and server delay. I don’t think those players will like no pre pop.

As there are a lot of posts regarding the Race change, would like to clarify it to avoid further questions. Race change will not be possible in any variations.
If you'd like to try a new race, you can create a new character on your account. Items bound to the character can't be unbound and transferred between characters as well. Items bound to the account only are fine to be used on your new character.

Just a heads up warning from the future of archeage, coming at you from 4.5 and the like....People mention 3.0, and the changes to farming, crafting, quality of life stuff with gems, the gear gap, the fact that everyone is a dark runner.....

^ I'm just here to warn you guys.....it gets progressively worse. I've been analyzing XL's changes to this game for quite some time, and the situation doesn't improve. Korean Archeages population is so low you would think a server merge is approaching. Live population is so low you could walk into any zone...AT ANY TIME, IN ANY MAP! And look around and see SWATHES of open space. Nobody is putting down land, nobody is running trades, nobody is queuing arenas, nobody is returning to the game, nobody is doing the events (Do not count alts as real players). The regrade changes in KR made the gear gap worse. And the skill changes didn't make up the difference enough in scaling to account for the games overall balance. The remaining players who haven't gotten bored or didn't quit join a player nation and continue to farm up items while waiting for merges....<----ACROSS ALL REGIONS OF THE GAME.

All I can tell you is, DO NOT TRUST ANY CHANGES XL MAKES TO THIS GAME. At this point, if you wish to keep things going, don't count anything XL games puts into the game as gospel. Change as much of the game as possible, and change it often, gut any systems that are pushing players out of the game <----regardless of what any naysayers say including yourselves! Make the game fun, code it and make it your own. Don't copy XL, don't copy Trion because they are both terrible at running this game into anything except the ground. The RNG systems create the gear gap and class imbalance as 1 weapon can outscale 7 pieces of armor and a shield <---eliminate RNG and that ratio goes away, yes I know it sounds crazy 100% regrading and 100% gem rates. But not as crazy as XL implementing systems they should have known full well by logic since 1.2 that will drive players OUT of the game. Even if you made it 100% regrade and kept gemming RNG based it would still be infinitely more balanced than the current system where the gear gap continues to imbalance XL's grafting on class reform with every patch. Archery scaling is purposefully bad as bow scaling gives the least damage out of any weapon in the game of equal grade and archer skills do not have the ample % scaling per skill to make up for the differential. Change the scaling to match 1h swords and suddenly archers do well at any stage in the games lifespan. The 50% shield reduction debuff is bugged. And suddenly allows for 2h nodachi users to hit people in full plate and a physical shield and melt them. <----Thats right, nodachi, not spear, full plate, physical shield+defence tree+ full honor gems. It took them till 3.5 at least to adjust that change and fix it and they never mentioned that they fixed it in patch notes.

Now outside of the gear aspect they also manage to begin the killing off of vocations and jobs by artificially extending your playthrough of those proficiencies. They do so by adding in "Rare" drops to proficiency trees as materials, artificially gate your farming ability by locking and limiting your vocation points available per day to "extend" the lifespan of the game. <-----It does the complete opposite of that and kills off players who enjoy vocation and farming and crafting further so by making it so that the only way to obtain these required rare drops is through single planting, which if you haven't done it before......It can take you roughly 4 hours a day of single planting cucumbers potato's and other materials just to get enough seeds to last you several larder cycles because of the low drop rate of those seeds. (Its so mind numbing and rage inducing standing in one spot doing it over and over, most people resorted to bots)

Make matters worse they convolute the system even further again "artificially extending" the life of the game by placing charcoal as a mainstay in many recipes. Amplifying its demand while at the same time SUBSTANTIALLY INCREASING THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL NEEDED! While claiming it as an attempt to "increase ocean activity" <-----while ignoring the fact that at the time this change was thought about the ocean wasn't dead because of lack of objectives it was because of my first point ^ RNG systems and imbalanced combat mechanics, along with a dying population people weren't willing to take the risk anymore, which are literally the only two things that matter in the ocean of this game. Combine their false logic of why players stopped sailing, and amplify their incompetence further by making it so that the only way to even produce coal is through land runs.... <-----This is the level of stupid you guys are dealing with, in this game and its files.

Please for the love of god show us you understand at least how incompetent they are and are willing to make changes to reverse the stupidity found in this games systems.

Last edited:
Tbh if obsidian can't be unbound, maybe change it to account bound and revisit which items can be account bound. It could allow players to roll new characters and even rebalance factions .

Tbh if obsidian can't be unbound, maybe change it to account bound and revisit which items can be account bound. It could allow players to roll new characters and even rebalance factions .

It would be a lot easier to implement than a race change for sure. I'd even put your ability to swap account bound items between characters on a timer.

The thing is, everyone knew 3.0 was around the corner. Yet trihard players, in an attempt to oneup everyone on the server, decided that they needed to be the best. So they blew 500-1000 dollars to regrade a few epic obs weaps and divine out their armor, then tiered em all the way up to 5 and 6.

Now that race changes are coming, they're stuck. Lack of foresight on the part of players doesn't create an emergency for the admins. I've left all my gear intentionally at T1 obsidian, in preparation for this. I even stopped upgrading my costume. Sure, I'm stuck in 4k GS land with next to no gems, but you know what? When new races come along, I'll be ready for that switch.

Just a heads up warning from the future of archeage, coming at you from 4.5 and the like....People mention 3.0, and the changes to farming, crafting, quality of life stuff with gems, the gear gap, the fact that everyone is a dark runner.....

^ I'm just here to warn you guys.....it gets progressively worse. I've been analyzing XL's changes to this game for quite some time, and the situation doesn't improve. Korean Archeages population is so low you would think a server merge is approaching. Live population is so low you could walk into any zone...AT ANY TIME, IN ANY MAP! And look around and see SWATHES of open space. Nobody is putting down land, nobody is running trades, nobody is queuing arenas, nobody is returning to the game, nobody is doing the events (Do not count alts as real players). The regrade changes in KR made the gear gap worse. And the skill changes didn't make up the difference enough in scaling to account for the games overall balance. The remaining players who haven't gotten bored or didn't quit join a player nation and continue to farm up items while waiting for merges....<----ACROSS ALL REGIONS OF THE GAME.

All I can tell you is, DO NOT TRUST ANY CHANGES XL MAKES TO THIS GAME. At this point, if you wish to keep things going, don't count anything XL games puts into the game as gospel. Change as much of the game as possible, and change it often, gut any systems that are pushing players out of the game <----regardless of what any naysayers say including yourselves! Make the game fun, code it and make it your own. Don't copy XL, don't copy Trion because they are both terrible at running this game into anything except the ground. The RNG systems create the gear gap and class imbalance as 1 weapon can outscale 7 pieces of armor and a shield <---eliminate RNG and that ratio goes away, yes I know it sounds crazy 100% regrading and 100% gem rates. But not as crazy as XL implementing systems they should have known full well by logic since 1.2 that will drive players OUT of the game. Even if you made it 100% regrade and kept gemming RNG based it would still be infinitely more balanced than the current system where the gear gap continues to imbalance XL's grafting on class reform with every patch. Archery scaling is purposefully bad as bow scaling gives the least damage out of any weapon in the game of equal grade and archer skills do not have the ample % scaling per skill to make up for the differential. Change the scaling to match 1h swords and suddenly archers do well at any stage in the games lifespan. The 50% shield reduction debuff is bugged. And suddenly allows for 2h nodachi users to hit people in full plate and a physical shield and melt them. <----Thats right, nodachi, not spear, full plate, physical shield+defence tree+ full honor gems. It took them till 3.5 at least to adjust that change and fix it and they never mentioned that they fixed it in patch notes.

Now outside of the gear aspect they also manage to begin the killing off of vocations and jobs by artificially extending your playthrough of those proficiencies. They do so by adding in "Rare" drops to proficiency trees as materials, artificially gate your farming ability by locking and limiting your vocation points available per day to "extend" the lifespan of the game. <-----It does the complete opposite of that and kills off players who enjoy vocation and farming and crafting further so by making it so that the only way to obtain these required rare drops is through single planting, which if you haven't done it before......It can take you roughly 4 hours a day of single planting cucumbers potato's and other materials just to get enough seeds to last you several larder cycles because of the low drop rate of those seeds. (Its so mind numbing and rage inducing standing in one spot doing it over and over, most people resorted to bots)

Make matters worse they convolute the system even further again "artificially extending" the life of the game by placing charcoal as a mainstay in many recipes. Amplifying its demand while at the same time SUBSTANTIALLY INCREASING THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL NEEDED! While claiming it as an attempt to "increase ocean activity" <-----while ignoring the fact that at the time this change was thought about the ocean wasn't dead because of lack of objectives it was because of my first point ^ RNG systems and imbalanced combat mechanics, along with a dying population people weren't willing to take the risk anymore, which are literally the only two things that matter in the ocean of this game. Combine their false logic of why players stopped sailing, and amplify their incompetence further by making it so that the only way to even produce coal is through land runs.... <-----This is the level of stupid you guys are dealing with, in this game and its files.

Please for the love of god show us you understand at least how incompetent they are and are willing to make changes to reverse the stupidity found in this games systems.

I understand some of the things that agravated you there. Suggest you make a simple list of which changes should and which should not be made for it to be more straightforward ;)

This is a nice idea, but it also depends on how balanced the new races will be on release to attract players changing them.
Will keep it in mind.

KEEP:

New Races
New zones
New race Transformations
Weapon/Armor/Accessory Anchoring shards/emblems
Skill modifications (except baleful recharge in Witchcraft. Don't make that a 2% trigger chance. This was stupid). Down with shrug OP prepop 50% mag reduction bullshit, and down with bondbreaker.
Regular Crates. Great addition to the economy.
Upgraded teleport book. So good
Hatred/Abyssal skills.
Crafting fees on TRADEPACKS ONLY.

MODIFY:

Racial passives. *DO NOT MAKE THESE CASTABLE SKILLS. SO BAD.* What's the even point of playing as a race if their natural skills are only available on cooldown. You what?
Royal seed drop rates. Make them drop just a tad more. Honestly, limiting the number of larders large guilds can turn in if they dominate is a very good way to stop people getting too rich.
Lunarite drop rates. These need to come out of regular crates at a decent drop rate. The metallic crates were dumb.
Vocation changes, BUT keep the ability to buy seeds with gold as WELL as vocation. Also, do NOT remove vocation earning for performing your job tasks. Keep the earning the same.
Family changes and vocation quests, but also have the ability to get vocation with performing gathering, mining, husbandry, etc (see above)
Shield penetration/puncture values. Battlerage got way too powerful with this crap.

DITCH:

Gilda stars in trade packs. Why the hell?
Crafting fees on items. Just, why? Too much goldsink

Great input ,thank you for taking the time to point out some things !

Back