What's new

ArcheRage 3.0 Discussion

Almost all features in 3.0 can be subject to changes, BUT, the changes will be ranked by:
-those which can be implemented fastest and
-those which are the most important - and these are pointed out by players in this very thread.

There is a possibility of some changes being made even after 3.0 starts, since there is a lot of work to be done on development side.

Feel free to point out what you did not like at 3.0.

And for those who have not yet experienced this update but still want to make their input, i suggest checking out old patch notes posted on live in this link.
There is in-depth description of changes they made on live, some of which we will remove or adapt.

I know I'm late but I'll just say it again, seeds/saplings for vocation, as well as the introduction of (group?) vocation quests is very dumb. As someone else has pointed out, gathering/farming to make food and potions is already not particularly lucrative, turning that into something that requires multiple people to actually do in the same capacity as you can do it now would probably push me over the edge and make me delevel all those professions (including 200k gathering...)

I understand some of the things that aggravates you there. Suggest you make a simple list of which changes should and which should not be made for it to be more straightforward ;)

Alright, I'll try to make it as precise as possible (takes off gloves) Simple list? You got me fucked up.

1. Remove Regrading RNG on player gear, just dumpster it, it creates a compounding problem that will never be fixed if left as is. (But we make money off charms! Double the stats gained by battlepets on gear, you can use charms on these regrades including ship components, which the damage and effective hp on these objects would have to be adjusted to reflect the new power system.)
2. If you remove regrading RNG keep gemming and costume RNG to give people something to grind toward beside the actual TIER of their equipment. And keep it Moderate in difficulty because upgrading gear in this game means removing all your gems. Keeping the honor cost of gems the same as they are now, is a good step in the right direction, but you may wanna think about how regular lunarite comes about in game. You won't see a crafting adjustment for lunarite to be upgraded until 4.0 which by that point you may not want to use XL's patches anymore.
3. You're probably locked by the code itself on the vocation changes lets be real here. Smartest thing you can do is keep the vocation changes, but like everything else in this server improve the amount of vocation you can earn daily by having vocation from quests at double or triple the rate <--(You have to at least match it to this servers labor gain rate and pool)
4. Royal Seeds are based on drop rate not proficiency I've tested it multiple times during drop rate events, and since this server has double the drop rates or whatever, you may not have to lift a finger on this one to adjust it. Depends on what you're looking at on your side. Cause the standard rates on live are 5%.
5. Remove the Radar from NPC Enoans.
6. Adjust the value of Bow damage to match 1 handed swords. Do this, and you could stop the game at 3.5 for skills if you wanted to.
7. Limit and adjust the maximum properties a player can own to 3. There's no Tax limit on this server. This wedges you guys into never being able to expand your player base or any new players who want to use land. I made suggestions on wedging in an extra map you could teleport into thats gigantic for the sole purpose of placing land, but that idea won't work here either, as your ability to generate taxes because of the labor regen is infinit. Just cap it to 3 properties owned period and you won't have to add on an additional/infinity style map just to fit a decent population into.
8. Increase the cast time on dropping a ships anchor.
9. Increase the duration of owners mark on ONLY CARTS and cars to 5 minutes to adjust for those instances of connection drop outs, or for when people abuse the costume exploit to force DC an area (not sure when that costume bug was patched).
10. Increase the duration of the racial active buffs to 10 minutes.
11. If you're going to remove regrading RNG, I would suggest also adjusting the active racial skills of Dwarf and Warborn. The people in this thread that exaggerate how strong those skills are, are smoking crack. The reason these comments exist is because during fresh start when these races hit level 55 they could transform and effectively be a 5k melee class. A level 55 warborn with transformation on, is no stronger than a full flame battlepet with celestial epherium pet gear on, or a 5k celestial homecoming gear wearing melee.....its pathetic. If you go with 100% regrade rates, you have to buff the stats of the transformations, as these transformations do not take into account any of your active skills, buffs, or equipment. So with 100% regrade rate, and given their current power level, you would have to basically take everything that exists within their lvl 55 stat window, and effectively double it including hp and defence.
12. Hasla is fucking amazing as a concept, it always has been. But in a 100% regrade world, you may as well change those drops to reflect the need for moon and sunpoints which plenty of people would beat the shit out of each other for hours on end just to obtain the tokens needed to translate those tokens into sun and moonpoints as well as luckies from bosses.
13. The crafting changes and Material costs are unwarranted. Keep the material costs the same as they are now while adopting the shift into choosing your own gear when unsealing.
14. In a 100% regrade world the binding of obsidian gear is fine as it is, fuck it, keep it bound.
15. Costumes still retain RNG associated with building them up. A suggestion for you guys, increase the cost of costume re-rolls out of the shop, and make the serendipity stones also available from bosses (Remember its a 100% regrade world, everyone is in Mythic, everyone is essentially balanced only differentiating gems, skills selected, and by how far you've worked to tier up your equipment. Which means, more fights, and more balanced fights. I'd go as far as effectively TRIPLING the amount of HP and (possibly defence) found in world bosses mobs and dungeon bosses and mobs to accommodate the overall power increase. As well as make all of those bosses drop Serendipity stones.
16. Watch as the population explodes, and pvp happens in every nook and cranny of the world, especially Hasla.
17. BUT I WANNA FEEL SPECIAL CUZ I SPENT MONEY I GOTSTA HAVE MUH SHINEY GEAR (Shut up. Be spectacular at your class put on a nice costume and people will love, respect, and feed you much more attention than you currently get for just having a big gear advantage...No matter how much gear you have a baddie will still be a baddie, 100% regrade just allows people who are actually good at their class to stand out 500 times more because theres no more advantages to be had except your own brain.)
18. I have way more ideas for how you could improve and start from a clean slate making this game as good and exciting as it could possibly ever be from 3.0 forward. But I'll save whoevers reading this the extra paragraphs because it involves whalesong maps, dungeon gear, Ehrenor items, adding more pve content, and active use items.

Last edited:
I'm onboard with the majority regarding vocation, no tax increases, etc...
However, Id suggest adding the vocation quests and family stuff for those that enjoy doing dailies. But also keep the current vocation system, so we have variety.

I have not seen anyone mention the changes to proficiencies. If I remember correctly, in retail, the Specialization Snowflakes were completely lost. Can we please allow snowflakes to increase our max number of proficiencies in 3.0, and keep our current max if we already increased it with snowflakes? The snowflakes were not cheap, and it would be a shame to just let them melt.

I'm onboard with the majority regarding vocation, no tax increases, etc...
However, Id suggest adding the vocation quests and family stuff for those that enjoy doing dailies. But also keep the current vocation system, so we have variety.

I have not seen anyone mention the changes to proficiencies. If I remember correctly, in retail, the Specialization Snowflakes were completely lost. Can we please allow snowflakes to increase our max number of proficiencies in 3.0, and keep our current max if we already increased it with snowflakes? The snowflakes were not cheap, and it would be a shame to just let them melt.

There was no significant change to snowflakes. You still use them to expand the amount of proficiencies you can upgrade, and you still use them to unlock abyssal skills.

Drop the price of class change item to 100 credits, there is no reason it should be so high ! (might encourage the 100 million DR's to try something new)

Increase the rates of regrading ....... Nothing killed archeage quicker than the gear gap.

Increase honour gem socket chances.

Don't touch the passives, there is no reason they should be an active.

Remove vocation changes and royal seed, or increase them by 3x

Add an event to celebrate the launch of 3.0, something that benefits brand new players (hell, even give them a free 4k gs box with 2k gold) ........... The world is getting mighty quiet. I know you gave them obs T1, but at basic you might as well throw it away and buy auroria

Increase the rates of regrading ....... Nothing killed archeage quicker than the gear gap.
1. Remove Regrading RNG on player gear,
Gear gap occurs in the game because every tier outweighs all the other previous tiers by so much. Increasing rates will still cause the gear gap imbalance as there is never enough supply to meet the demand.

It shows right now where lucky moonpoints and sunpoints are such a high price because they're only available through loyalty. Less people regrade gear because it's so expensive.

If you increase the rates, then more people will regrade and then the price will go even higher and the players that are unlucky will lose that much more.

The best way to solve that is to make the stat gain between each tier less so that there's still the luxury of having a better weapon and have the increased stats, but it doesn't go to the point where a player can kill people like they do on legacy servers.

On top of that idea, fixing the draughts with lucky moonpoints/sunpoints will encourage more people to regrade if there's less loss occuring so that more people are able to catch up to the rest of the server.

The best way to solve that is to make the stat gain between each tier less so that there's still the luxury of having a better weapon and have the increased stats, but it doesn't go to the point where a player can kill people like they do on legacy servers.

On top of that idea, fixing the draughts with lucky moonpoints/sunpoints will encourage more people to regrade if there's less loss occuring so that more people are able to catch up to the rest of the server.

the more people play the more rewards they should have - should add another daily reward like loyalty tokens but giving us luckies instead

Gear gap occurs in the game because every tier outweighs all the other previous tiers by so much. Increasing rates will still cause the gear gap imbalance as there is never enough supply to meet the demand.

It shows right now where lucky moonpoints and sunpoints are such a high price because they're only available through loyalty. Less people regrade gear because it's so expensive.

If you increase the rates, then more people will regrade and then the price will go even higher and the players that are unlucky will lose that much more.

Thats false. A divine delphinad is the equivalent of a celestial ayanad. Every grade works the same way. 1 grade is worth as much as crafting an entire tier up.

in 3.0 im pretty sure archery endless arrows becomes more ping dependant where it doesnt use global cooldowns

can we keep how it is now? and add skill queue? since a lot of us dont live near the server

Okay i dont believe this was mentioned but its a big one. Can we still please keep the ability to eat sandwiches and soups while in combat?

It depends on the developers take on if alchemy should get an emphasis in combat consumables.
But yes, i remmember that change was getting much of the negative feedback in the past.

If race changes and the transferring of character bound items isn't possible then can we get the racial transformations for Warborn and Dwarves disabled? Maybe not a popular idea but I'd like to see an even playing field for everyone. If this is even possible for the devs to do that is. Thoughts? Opinions?

If race changes and the transferring of character bound items isn't possible then can we get the racial transformations for Warborn and Dwarves disabled? Maybe not a popular idea but I'd like to see an even playing field for everyone. If this is even possible for the devs to do that is. Thoughts? Opinions?
Even playing field for EVERYONE ? So removing something that makes new players a bit stronger would make it even ?

Keep those skills as is, the rest of the community will have had over 4 months to gear up, new players can have a bit of an advantage

mm and halcy are pretty much dead with east just free farming it all and west never coming out to show

could we possibly add more rewards for these events to encourage more people to come out?

like the hasla tokens to give us more luckies?

mm and halcy are pretty much dead with east just free farming it all and west never coming out to show

could we possibly add more rewards for these events to encourage more people to come out?

like the hasla tokens to give us more luckies?
Reduce MM duration by 15 or 20 minutes maybe ? The event is pretty dead in the middle phase, no point in dragging it on for so long

Back