What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

I have played 3.5 a while.. and I have to say not all of it is bad..
3: New area's.. they where nice.. pretty looking as well.. but the snowfall in some regions just killed potato pc's.. Id personally hope for a option where you would be able to turn the particals off.

There is a config file where you can make modifications to that. It's been a while since I have done it, but if you Google it you might be able to locate it. :) It's doable.

I'm not sure if it was already in 3.5 but, it would also be great if you could add archeage live's auction house where you can choose the amount of materials you want instead of having to buying huge stacks of mats at a time.

Yes! this please..

Change the map UI to show houses and farms of family and guilds member.

Live (Korea) did this. This patch come out with the release of 3.5. I found a blog that explains what they did. And to sort out the confusion of the author of a the blog, the family/guild houses and farms only showed up if they were set to family/guild respectively. It used the same base color for family/guild chat as the filler color around the houses/farms.

TLDR Example I Made:
Player Owned farm =
upload_2018-11-25_12-6-39.png

Family Member's farm set to family use =
upload_2018-11-25_12-7-2.png

Guild Member's farm set to guild use =
upload_2018-11-25_12-8-48.png

Full Map
upload_2018-11-25_12-35-56.png

Tread carefully when moving forward with 3.5. This horrible release accelerated the demise of retail. The introduction of Erenor gear was a shameful cash grab by Trion. Don't do it. You might get a quick burst from the pay to win types, but you will start shedding players in a hurry.

No to Erenor
No to trade system changes
No to removal of wisps and salvage forges
No to pretty much any change crafting related with the exception of the transmuters.

Version 3.5 had very few redeeming qualities. New zones are never bad. The cottage remodel was nice. I don't remember if the new mansion remodel option was in 3.5 or later. Leave event times alone. That was another unnecessary change. Pretty much scrap 90% of what 3.5 had to offer. It was a nonsense update by Trion with changes made for the sake of making changes. And of course it was a pathetic attempt at a cash grab by them as well. If this release is anywhere near the retail version of 3.5, you will lose a lot of players.

Completely agree!

So the Rampage is coming. I remember when it was released in live. I also remember how devastatedly gutted I was that I could not upgrade my timber coupe to a rampage. I would have to start again. Fine if you are a fat-cat with plenty of gold, i am not, I farmed the mats, and finally made it to find that it was obsolete overnight. I think this should be looked at because hey, after all it is just an updated car.

I do not know whether they will understand me or not, I translate through a translator, for this there can be a lot of mistakes.

Skills
:
1. The Attack Branch in Efen Runde, the skill Triple Strikes (Chaos) cause damage of 130% / 130% / 160% of the power of damage with the speed of gutting attack. Change the percentage to 110% / 110% / 140% of damage.
The Attack Branch in Efen Runda, the Whirlwind of death (Chaos) skill pursues the player, even if he rebounds to 50 meters through teleports and rebound. Change to ensure that each subsequent blows of the Whirlwind of Death are interrupted if a person leaves him within the radius of action of the skill - 20 meters.
2. A branch of Magic in Efen Runde, the skill Meteor (Water) has an incredible level of damage and% of the spell power. Increase base damage, but decrease% of spell power by 250%.
3. The inspiration branch in Efen Runde (Order) has a range of 9 meters for 9 seconds, all characters that fall within this range fall asleep. Change to 8 meters range.

Trade:
1. Leave the trading posts, but reduce the number of required T1 packs (regular, compost and sheds) to create T2 packs, which are transported for gold to another continent. Reduce the number of required packs T2 to create a pack of T3 (pack for coal). Reduce the price of packs T2 and T3 by 15%. At the same time close the trade in coal and alkaline solution, a month before the update, so that people do not stock up on coal and alkaline solution.
2. Leave the trading posts, but reduce the number of required T1 packs (regular, compost and sheds) to create T2 packs, which are transported for gold to another continent. Reduce the number of required packs T2 to create a pack of T3 (pack for coal). Reduce the price of packs T2 and T3 by 15%. At the same time leave the possibility of recovery of interest on packs as in 3.0.3, i.e. for an hour - 5%.
3. Leave the current trade completely as in 3.0.3. But change the receipt of money, if it is 22 hours, then make 8 hours.
4. To leave the trade of the packs for the Delphic stars at least on the Isle of Freedom, since in 3.5 this trade is withdrawn from the game. Those. in 3.5 you will earn DZ only on bosses, quests, which is approximately 65-70 DZ a day, and you spend at least 2-3 hours of your online. With this connection the price is also delph. dust that is needed for the synthesis of costumes, pants and craft will grow 4-5 times, i.e. 1 Delphic dust will cost 6-9 gold. And about the race cars, I generally keep quiet .. and also about the golden boats.
5. Leave the quest chain of the Blue Salt Consortium if you do not change the trading system.

Craft:
Craft can be left the same, but with changes. Those.:
1. Leave Obsidian's craft also on patches and alloys, bars.
2. Crafting before the Ernard Grade can be done without sharpening and randomness, any gear (in sealed form) can be used for repainting. But to make it so that when recognizing items of equipment (from Iraqi to Hernard rank) it was impossible to choose the characteristics of equipment.
3. For crafting Erenor equipment needed Ernard divine grade of any kind in a sealed form using a magnetic core.
3. Leave the current craft completely, for the comfort of the players, so that the auction is not empty and the crafters can withdraw their penny from this craft.
4. Leave the craft bills, as in 3.0.3. In 3.5 they are crafted using paper.
5. Leave the crafting of wandering stones as in 3.0.3, if the trading system is introduced or craft as in 3.5, if the trading system does not change to a new one.

Bosses:
1. Leave the respawn time of all bosses (especially world ones) as in 3.0.3
2. Leave the loot from the bosses, as it is in 3.0.3, otherwise there will be no meaning from them. Those. in order to get the staff from the dragon, it is necessary not only to kill it, but also to re-craft it with the help of dragon scales (which drops 1 piece each from the boss), like you need 80 of them.

PVP:
1. To leave the Event Battle for Halcyona is the same as in 3.0.3, at 11:00 am and 11:00 pm. Because in 3.5 this event begins at the start of the war in the Golden Plains. And as you know, no one will be able to fill the war with mobs at all, and we don’t stand as bots on the offs who farm the mobs.

Arena:
1. If you don’t change skills in Efen Runda in the Attack, return the previous amount of HP to the archer’s set, currently 19999, 14999 in the old form.
2. Sea arena, make it possible to enter 14 people (7 to 7), if in X time does not reach 20 people.
3. To make the repair of the ship free, as well as shooting from guns.
4. Fix random teleporting of characters back to their base.

New game events:
1. In no case do not simplify the events Messengers of Chaos (Whaler's Bay) and Protection of Efen Khal (Efen Khal), because for them you get 4800 Honor.
2. In addition to receiving Honor for the event, add 10 military merits.
3. You can simplify only Cyrus Efena (Toad) on wave 3 in the event Protection of Efen Khal, because his poison is very damaging even to high-profile characters.

Farming:
1. Leave the current prices for seeds and seedlings

Equipment effects:
1. Leave the power of critical strike on the Arrow leather armor.

Items:
1. Do not remove the plasma generators, and leave their functions as in 3.0.3, if the craft remains the same as in 3.0.3, or changes but with a change in the craft of obsidian, which will be the same as now (in 3.0.3).

I hope the players will understand the essence of my writings, which I translated with the help of a translator :)

So if we dont see the cargo system, for 3.5 you need to keep gilda dust as a crafting mat, or make the ammount of charcoal reqiered for synthium stones to be more then trion did, trion set it at 3 charcoal per stone, but charcoal was like 5-6 gold each

Hello, I’m new to this server but I had some feedback on the potential trading system without scraping it completed but to help make sure I address all the issues I copied the patch notes from the official servers and added my comments to each line below and hopefully this can spark some debates I don’t claim to be an expert at all I do a lot of trade runs and just wanted to make some of my own suggestions.

Trading Feedback

· Trade Outlets have been added. These areas are peaceful places where players cannot attack one another.

This is good as it prevents players from just distracting guards to kill players make most trade runs safer

· Cargo is a new type of trade pack that must be purchased from Trade Outlets. You will require a Cargo Certificate from a merchant to purchase them. For more information on Cargo and how it is moved across the world, please see our spotlight article on Trading.
Okay with this concentrates trading between certain ports allowing pirating to be easier and more frequent encourages more PvP which is always fun

· Cargo is created when a Trade Outlet receives a specific number of specialty packs from players: 14 General Specialties, 8 Merchant Specialties, 4 Aged Specialties will create 2 Cargo.
This is the major problem in this system, in my opinion, I’d recommending lowering it to make full ship runs from end to end more doable for smaller groups and to keep charcoal prices lower.
· 2 Aged Specialties = 2 Cargo
· 3 Merchant Specialties = 2 Cargo
· 4 General Specialties = 2 Cargo
· I’m open for debate on the amounts, but this could make full merchant ship runs more valuable and doable

· Trade Outlets can hold up to 200 cargo at one time. Even if an outlet is full, Specialty Packs can be traded in.
No complaint there

· The time it takes to receive rewards has been reduced from 22 hours to 8 hours.
Again, no problem there

· Interest rates on trade payments have been reduced from 5% to 2%.
Don’t see any issues

· Buying Certified Cargo will now cost 75 labor. Selling Certified Cargo for Stabilizers costs 175 Labor. Charcoal Stabilizers can be retrieved from specialized merchants on Nuia and Haranya and Auroria with Blue Salt Certified Cargo. Dragon Essence Stabilizers can only be purchased with Overseas Cargo on Freedich Island.
Id like to see charcoal just being rewarded when trading in the packs at the opposite Trade outlet instead of having to bring the packs further inland and keeping the values around the same amounts when trading cheese packs

· Trade Outlets may sometimes hold sales when they become overstocked. Keep an eye out for great bargains for a limited time!
Again no problem can help encourage PvP times

· Players can now purchase a Shadow Daru trader for 20g at a General Merchant. This Shadow Daru can be summoned in the peaceful areas of Trade Outlets to quickly and discreetly exchange Cargo. Item lasts for 1 hour, and the summoned trader stays in the world for 5 minutes.
No problem can help unload and load merchant ships faster can be well worth the cost

· Specialty pack rewards have been fully adjusted and will change depending on the stock the Trade Outlet currently holds. Trade in diverse amounts of packs to keep your profit high.
Sounds good to me

· Special, safe passage boats now travel between the following Trade Outlets: Solis Headlands to Two Crowns, Solzreed Peninsula to Ynystere.
· Visit the Cargo Manager to purchase a Captain’s Protection pass for 5 gold or purchase one from the Vocation Store for 1,000 Vocation. While under the pass and on the boat, you cannot be attacked.
· The protection buff is removed when players leave the ship.
Again sounds good helps new players do runs or solos run packs on their own

· Shadow Merchants no longer accept trade packs.

Can’t speak to this

No to Eranor, no to new trade system and the 3 phases to get charcoal w/ certs, no to Ancestral skills unless greatly balanced. It failed in live and they tried to fix w/ 5.0 on all but the Eranor. Please dont make their mistakes, i have faith in you to continue to make the game fun because at this point you have =)

There is a config file where you can make modifications to that. It's been a while since I have done it, but if you Google it you might be able to locate it. :) It's doable.

The snow he's talking about is baked into the new zone. From my post on page 1:

2. More for the sake of others: please try to make the new zone not have snow. When the Christmas events came around, there was an optional setting you could fix in the ini files that turned THAT snow off. This new zone had the snow built in differently that we had no control over, and the particle effect was so unoptimized that it was literally frying older GPU's. At least a dozen players on my unpopulated server couldn't enter this zone for more than 15 minutes without their GPU working overtime.

I would say no to Erenor at release, it just turns pvp into a massive one shot fest. No to the trade and crafting mechanics. I like the current whisp system. Also, keep Halcy like it is, don't make it so it has to go through the conflict stages.

Can we get some clarity of which way you guys are leaning for Erenor gear in 3.5? I feel like a bunch of new players(myself included) are just looking for some direction as to which gear path to go up and what to actually prepare for.

Please don't remove the wisp crafting system! I know some people point out that it is easier to get the specific piece you want, but with the additional mat cost they could buy one currently for cheaper than they will be able to make one themselves. For gear crafters like myself...it pretty much puts us out of business, or at least it did on live. I understand that this allows people to make all their own gear where they couldn't before, but it really makes the game less of a sandbox than it is. If I get a chance I will look up and post cost comparisons on 3.0 vs 3.5 crafting gear, don't have time to atm.

Also please don't change the trade system; the 3.5+ system was one of the main things that killed live, as many people have previously stated.

As to the erenor gear, I did not stay around long enough to really deal with it, but I would have to say I agree that our sever is not ready for it yet. Maybe once there are 20 people geared full legendary+ instead of only 2-3. Also as a f2p player this would make it very difficult for myself and other f2p to stay competent with people who sink a good deal of real money in to getting top gear.

I played live/retail from fresh start through to hiram. 3.5s trade pack system was truly the Death.
from five semi active servers to 2 by pre-Hiram patch. Removing all but 3 gold turn in locations severely limited people's ability to create gold to funnel into the economy. The Freshness timer they eventually added also a TERRIBLE IDEA!!!!! There is no reason someone who takes a few days to set up packs, then a day to move them should be penalized for the methodical way they prefer to turn in gold. I think people forget that trade packs are generally the BEST source of providing currency into the community. Between Removal of the majority of gold traders, and the freshness timer (which i think the timer of 30 minutes to turn in a pack for it's max value was around 4.0). If you wish to add the cargo system i think it can be a useful way to create naval battles, sea trades, but you SHOULD NOT remove the current gold turn in locations for those "carebear potatoes" as people like to call us (tho i prefer carebear PRO-tato). You can simply tweak it where no matter where you turn in it contributes to the creation of cargo. Also you should alter it where it doesn't matter if it's a specialty, normal, Pavillion, or Larder to create cargo. That left the rich getting richer and those that joined late behind to never catch up until they added a new fresh start server (which they stopped doing).

In conclusion cargo good if all packs contribute to the creation of said cargo, and removal of 75% of the gold turn in locations (and/or "freshness timer) TERRIBAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
A solo pack runner
Hyæna, The Laughing Cat!

Back