What's new

Character Select Leads To Black Screen

Wings

Dunno if anyone else is having this issue but whenever I go to character select I just get a permanent black screen and I have to restart.

Try to choose another character you have, play it for a few mins and then return to the one bugged. Unfortunately, black screens may happen sometimes.

in my case not working at all updated it try to startit and not even geting to black screen and when i tried to repair it it stared to download the entire game 12 g again TNX for the smooth 3.0 lounch crew 'bad

@Sparkle Sat on another character for 20 minutes and tried to character select again. Still get stuck in a black screen when trying to go to character select. Dunno if there's anything you can check on your end or I might just have to reinstall tonight.

in my case not working at all updated it try to startit and not even geting to black screen and when i tried to repair it it stared to download the entire game 12 g again TNX for the smooth 3.0 lounch crew

Launch was smooth. Servers are stable and there are very little issues. You were just unfortunate.

I can hit character select fine and swap between characters, I'm thinking along your lines and it's a client thing, or perhaps something related to displayed visuals on whatever character. Anything goofy like synthesis stone in the costume slot or anything along those lines?

Just using a Regular Costume. I'll unequip it and test.

Unequipped it and I still got a black screen. It's not warborn issue either since my friend playing warborn doesnt have any issues. I'll probably just run repairs tonight when I go to bed.

Currently downloading the Torrent Files - i've already uninstalled / reinstalled form the launcher - trying the Torrent to see if it's different.

3 mins left on my torrent file

Alright guys here's how to fix it - go to Documents Folder > Archeage > Delete EVERYTHING under the folder's ie. crash reports and anything in a txt document + go to Log Backups folder and delete the ArcheAge Folder.

Start the game up and log in - then log out and tell me if this works. It worked for me.

Alright guys here's how to fix it - go to Documents Folder > Archeage > Delete EVERYTHING under the folder's ie. crash reports and anything in a txt document + go to Log Backups folder and delete the ArcheAge Folder.

Start the game up and log in - then log out and tell me if this works. It worked for me.
I'll give it a shot.

@Sparkle Sat on another character for 20 minutes and tried to character select again. Still get stuck in a black screen when trying to go to character select. Dunno if there's anything you can check on your end or I might just have to reinstall tonight.

Launch was smooth. Servers are stable and there are very little issues. You were just unfortunate.

@Wings Did you just choose another character? You need not just choose it but open it and play it for a while. Only in that case this will work.
@TheRealEnlaa This is a case that happens in every game version and too deep in the code to be fixed so may happen sometimes.

@Sparkle Yup. I swapped to my Nuian and did some stuff for 20 minutes and when I clicked character select it still got stuck on the black screen. I'll try what @Aumdaydar suggested. If it doesn't work I still have 1 more character I can mess around on to test and see if playing on another character will fix the problem.

@Sparkle Yup. I swapped to my Nuian and did some stuff for 20 minutes and when I clicked character select it still got stuck on the black screen. I'll try what @Aumdaydar suggested. If it doesn't work I still have 1 more character I can mess around on to test and see if playing on another character will fix the problem.

just come back and let me know if it worked or not =)

Back