What's new

Follow in 3.5

Eyrien

In order to make follow in this patch, a new item called "Transportation Ticket:" Follow "" (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/43270/)is necessary. This new object is not available in the general merchant (or maybe not at all? I could not find it)
I would also like to enter into the debate that this system is trash. In the official was introduced by the amount of multi-account, something that can not be done here. So, what's the point of making follow to a friend and paying 10g for 10m of follow?
If it is not possible to remove this system, at least add the ticket but at a lower cost, symbolic ...

It's even worse, it don't cost 10G, directly the item can't be bought in any shop, so they have desactivated the "Follow" feature.
I'm totally disagree with this change, at least let us pay 10G to use this function.

@Sparkle , could you tell us if the follow was deactivated or is it a bug? I really use that a lot and I miss it :(:(:( ... I watch series while my partner takes the hauler XD And other times he watches the series and I drive

"Added the Transportation Ticket: "Follow" item"

Can you not add this item in nor its functionality that affects auto-follow? It was introduced in NA to deter players who ran 10+ hauler trains all day because alts were allowed on retail. They're not allowed here, but if a guildmate or a friend has to afk in the middle of a trade run, I don't think anyone wants to pay gold to auto-follow someone's hauler for 5 minutes to let the dog out.

This item will not be added. Information about it being added was removed from the Patch Notes several days ago.

It seems like there was a possible miscommunication between the request being made and what was being done? Or maybe they didn't know that the functionality still existed and relied on the item they removed. In any case, my request was to remove the auto-follow prevention feature entirely, not the item itself.

lol I used this feature because I am lazy and used it to follow my friends while I backseat drove. Now I'll have to harass them other ways!

Hopefully they reconsider ... it's not fair that we have to sacrifice all of us because there are a couple of crazy people with car characters out there ... Like there are people who use macros or hacks to take land and they do not remove the option to grab land on the server to kill them, right? It is sad that many are punished for a few.

The follow feature is a feature that just enabled people to not have to play the game to gain in the game.
The ticket was intentionally removed.
Your built in effective bot from one point to another feature is gone.
Now you have to drive there yourself. You have to play the game now.

We may return the Follow Item to the General Merchant, but prior doing it would like to hear more opinions from the players regarding this item and follow function in general.

We may return the Follow Item to the General Merchant, but prior doing it would like to hear more opinions from the players regarding this item and follow function in general.

I believe the player base just wants this removed entirely. This was a deterrent implemented to prevent people running VM's from doing 20+ Freighter trains with trade packs on Live, and wasn't something that existed in the original version of the game because it wasn't a problem in Korea as far as I can remember. It was a custom request made for the NA version because you could own as many alts as your computer could handle.

The follow feature is a feature that just enabled people to not have to play the game to gain in the game.
The ticket was intentionally removed.
Your built in effective bot from one point to another feature is gone.
Now you have to drive there yourself. You have to play the game now.

I understand no one does trade runs with you, Sjinderson, but there's no need to take out your loneliness on people playing the game. Some of us have guildmates and friends that want to help out with trade runs and moving packs, but also have who need to let the dog out, feed their unruly babies at a strange time, or have to go to the bathroom at a really inopportune time. You want them to drop everything they're doing in the case of an emergency in the middle of nowhere and just let mobs beat their cart down? This isn't about having to "drive somewhere yourself" because if that were the case, they would've wanted people to be actively doing something to propel boats forward, or actively flapping their arms to make airships move. No one saw 5+ freighter trains following each other running around in 3.0 (and if they have seen it, I'm sadly mistaken in this case), so why is there a sudden interest in keeping the follow feature removed with 3.5? Nothing's changed with this update.

Please do not add this to the game. It will be even more difficult to tell if someone is using an alt or not, at least like this it's easier to tell. I know some people will use it legitimately, but we all know what most people will truly use it for.

MAKE FOLLOW FUNCTION GREAT AGAIN AND MAKE IT LIKE IT WAS IN 3.0! i want to lay back while i whip my slave on the front hauler

Please, we would like that function to be as in 3.0 again. If this is not possible please implement the ticket again, but lower the price ... it is ridiculous and I abuse the price they put on the official server to HELP our partners, as we do here.

Please and thank you.

No, don't bring it back.

This server already has a good amount of family/friends/husband&wife with 12 kids etc playing. For every 1 legitimate case theres 10 people abusing alts. This happens not only for trading but other activities too. You also know this exists because ive had people tell me they reported a couple of suspicious, and you ended up banning like 9 accounts at once. Big family.

If you get busy during a trade run, park the Freighter. If you're busy before you even start, do it later. If you're busy but wanna get carried anyway, a freighter can sit a second player on the back, a timber can sit 2, and a rampage can sit 4 players. Only need for afk follow on a fully loaded freighter is when you want to bring double, triple or quadruple the packs that you're otherwise able to.

This threads OP leaves to go watch TV shows while someone else trains freighters. You might not be able to separate that from one person with alts, and thats because theres absolutely no difference between the two.

Last edited:
I say NO, don't bring back the follow function.
Is one of the things that ruined completely the official version.

As useful as it may be, I don't think we need to bring it back.
Why do we want to reward people who just follows another one?
I understand there are issues in real life which in turn would suffice that 1-2mins afk on autofollow, but people do whole trade runs on follow.
And that is the whole issue, if people used the follow only for a few minutes, like to get some tea from kitchen, do some stuff for 3-4mins, I'm down, but when people just autofollow someone the whole way, is a no no for me. So I'm with Vexaro on this.

If you get busy during a trade run, park the Freighter. If you're busy before you even start, do it later. If you're busy but wanna get carried anyway, a freighter can sit a second player on the back, a timber can sit 2, and a rampage can sit 4 players. Only need for afk follow on a fully loaded freighter is when you want to bring double, triple or quadruple the packs that you're otherwise able to.

So the solution might be make a CD on follow? 5mins of follow with a 10min CD? Cost X number of Eco-fuel perhaps?

This threads OP leaves to go watch TV shows while someone else trains freighters. You might not be able to separate that from one person with alts, and thats because theres absolutely no difference between the two.

You will see dude, I do not know if you still live with your mother and do everything, or you happen to have a cleaning lady (or use your partner as such) But in my house my partner and I take care of both cleaning and to plant potatoes, or carry carts, rotating tasks that we do in this way to play-work-have free time-to do domestic chores. We are not alters, we both have 6.5k of equipment and we keep improving, climbing and above all, playing together.
And yes, we are in favor of an option offered by the game. Either to use it like that or to help someone from the clan or family, which we also do with the cinder event, among others, for example. That selfish way of thinking seems horrible to me.

No, don't bring it back.

This server already has a good amount of family/friends/husband&wife with 12 kids etc playing. For every 1 legitimate case theres 10 people abusing alts.

I agree, bringing it back is welcoming abuse. Best to not blur the lines and just disallow it altogether.

I mean, Follow in the first place was never great...

Sometimes it never ever activated :D

I remember when my guild and family would do stupid runs and use the Follow trains across 20min+ of driving...
More often than not the front driver would fuck up and everyone behind them would end up stuck on some coner or bush... and then everyone behind that person who got stuck first well they all got into a big jammed up line for anywhere from 5mins to 30mins... was more trouble than it was worth really cause if ppl tried to go away well all your friends was stuck at that bush for however long it took you to come back... :D
Idk, making dinner, hanging washing... whatever they was doing....
Like sure you can riders escape but now that one person is just... :D

------------------------------------------------------

Follow is fine for some of the situations people have mentioned:
EG Someone needs to go Toilet in the middle of the trade run, or answer the door (they might have a Delivery man coming or something idk)

That's the correct usage of Follow in my opinion.

Shouldn't be used to have Trains and Trains of Freighters for a 15min+ drive...

Which is why I like this suggestion:

So the solution might be make a CD on follow? 5mins of follow with a 10min CD? Cost X number of Eco-fuel perhaps?

This way you can get limited Follow times that are enough for a quick break, while not being able to utilise following mechanic for the entirety of a trade run.
Which is obviously what removing follow in the first place is achieving... But maybe at the cost of small amount of player convenience.

Solution:
Ticket that costs Gold or X Vocation Points if you need to buy it while out of towns etc
Follow duration: 3-5 minutes
Follow Ticket Cooldown: 20 minutes

Last edited:
Back