What's new

Lord's Coin Upgrade

Drunkenhero

Since we are one server, not linked to others like retail Lord Coin's prices stay consistently around 200 gold each. This is 4 times or more higher then they should be. Several options are available in the game to earn the coins are present but the amount is trivial per daily quest even when done on same account alts. Suggestion is that the daily reward be quintupled. Castle Owners have a complete monopoly when you take into account procs of the ladies, the self silo robbing and trading packs between castles. Yes, this can be interrupted or done by others but if done correctly generates a lot of gold for both player nations, east and west. Also since Gilda Dust was removed that takes one way of earning gold easily with a general purpose item for costume regrading out of the game as it was a tradable use however you wish commodity. Add in a recipe similar to Gilda Dust but require 20 Gilda to convert to 1 LC to spur more ocean trade, daily quests to be done more often as well. , the amount of LC's generated would stabilize the price after a time to around 62g each. Which while still high is not as harsh for new players to be able to purchase for crafting items, weapons and armor.

As an example at current prices a 7 set Erenor costs 1116 LC's x 200 223200G which for one item in a super long list of required materiel is completely retarded of a gold sink on an item already hit with a 5% nerf. Do not forget the upgrade costs using feeder items and the like. People want to craft, the current price of LC's is preventing more than just armor and weapons to be produced to help the newer population, it is currently too strong of a value for those that get the largest percentage to turn into gold and pooling that gold into too narrow of a field.

Thanks,
DH

Last edited:
Since we are one server, not linked to others like retail Lord Coin's prices stay consistently around 200 gold each. This is 4 times or more higher then they should be.

4x labor generation --> 4x the production --> 4x gold generation ... therefore everyone has 4x the gold... so they buy for 4x the price. :D:eek:
Even if that logic doesn't apply to other goods and commodities in the game... well LC are special obviously. :p:p
Not OUR fault everyone wants LC. :rolleyes::oops:
Hell, the frickin' amount of alt chars that have been running around make me not bother wasting the time having to keep checking to see if a Q is up/avaliable and then coming back later to check again and again.
Maybe the issue is there's lots of greedy ppl from all corners of AA... Then doing 4X the LC reward doesn't really fix ANYTHING with that... in fact people are more likely to set up another character to do the Q then and so even LESS people can actually get anything
More Reward => more people trying to double/triple/quadruple/quintuple/sextuple dip => less Qs to go around => less ppl getting LC even though MORE LC may be generated - power to the few who can camp the Qs all day with their character alts => ppl buying LC anways...

Even if it'll drop the price who the hell wants to pay someone else for LC rather than a small amount of time every day accumulated over 160days plus to make "end-game" pieces of gear...
That's the exact situation your proposal presents, less people getting LC even though more is generated overall, so everyone has to pay someone else... becuase again...

More Reward => more people trying to double/triple/quadruple/quintuple/sextuple dip => less Qs to go around => less ppl getting LC even though MORE LC may be generated - power to the few who can camp the Qs all day with their character alts => ppl buying LC anways...

In all resepects, having this sort of soft-cap on LC generation slows down top-level gear progression... Especially with the 4x labor pool of the server as a whole and decreased growth times for all mats. So the system is flooding with materials and it is not out of reach to farm everything in your Erenor 7-set example by oneself.
Again the only soft cap is the LC generation...

Your suggestion throws that out the window entirely :D

Though I suppose you'll come right back and shoot at me and say
YEAH look LABOR GEN is 4X... so why not everything ! therefore, 4x LC generation!!

Which'll just mean you didn't get the broader point.... :p:oops: And castle ppl would just ask for 4x the reward as well on their looting as well as getting it on their alts... so who are you REALLY helping at that point.
The common non-tryhard player goes from a measely 1 LC per day to only 4... while a dedicated castle guild player,,, well can you just imagine..........

As an example at current prices a 7 set Erenor costs 1116 LC's x 200 223200G which for one item in a super long list of required materiel is completely retarded of a gold sink on an item already hit with a 5% nerf. Do not forget the upgrade costs using feeder items and the like. People want to craft, the current price of LC's is preventing more than just armor and weapons to be produced to help the newer population, it is currently too strong of a value for those that get the largest percentage to turn into gold and pooling that gold into too narrow of a field.

See my above comment....
4x labor generation --> 4x the production --> 4x gold generation ... therefore everyone has 4x the gold... so they buy for 4x the price. :D:eek:
Therefore system is FLOODED with materials and gold... :eek::p
Hence why ppl will pay more for the LC.... again it's all feeding into one another....

Add in a recipe similar to Gilda Dust but require 20 Gilda to convert to 1 LC

You can convert 50 Gilda to get 1LC at the Territory Houses from that little lady on the side. She gives you a Light Territory Pack.
Obviously she's a scammer though.

Why would you need to create buff to LC generation to basically be crafted ON DEMAND in the way that you propose in a CRAFTED recipe.

Unless of course the recipe would use the Territoken... in which case you're still asking for a buff in TWO ways with respect to comparing the existing Light Territory Pack that you purchase for 50 gilda:
- Reduced Price
- Increased safety: no one can kill you to steal your LC if it is crafted; with the Light Territory Product someone can kill you to steal it.

Then you have the gall to simultaneously ask for the LC reward for the Qs to by quadrupled/quintupled.

--------------------

I do not disagree with you on the Castle Monopoly at hand, but that's that matter on its own. It in of itself is not causing the problem with LC generation for the common player...

And, like I expounded earlier you only really help the people you are saying that are profiting excessively xDDD

Last edited:
I read that twice and it makes no sense. Already know about the various ways you can create a LC currently per alt or main. There needs to be a way to create them at a higher rate and rewards increased to lower the price. None of the things you commented about are relevant to what I am mentioning as either ways to increase or new ways to generate.

Last edited:
I read that twice and it makes no sense. Already know about the various ways you can create a LC currently per alt or main. There needs to be a way to create them at a higher rate and rewards increased to lower the price. None of the things you commented about are relevant to what I am mentioning as either ways to increase or new ways to generate.

? What is there to make sense of it's all in plain writing and nicely quoted with the relevant sections situated side by side.

--------------------------------

You complain that price is 4x more than what it should be.
Explanation for why is given, tbhough you may not have asked for one. Whatever.
It's kinda obvious why there's a direct correlation between the gold people can make (from the means of production, i.e. labor) and then the price for things they want that happen to be generated in limited supply...
Should have included that there is huge demand for LC currently... That should be obvious...
Across the post this is brought up multiple times to broadly present why generation increase would be problematic.

i.e.
Soft-gear-cap in the form of strained LC supply would be removed (i.e "time")... etc etc Only worth pointing out since your example is to craft 7-set Erenor... which itself is Endgame (HAR HAR :p:p) gear that rightfully should not be easily crafted.
Thus, soft-capped-limitation in current form of limited LC supply - increasing LC from Qs by 4X throws this limit out the window.

Let's bring something else to the table: consider that this 4x per Q was implemented. In the initial few weeks it would only really serve the already rich - they can get their 7-set and weapons far more easily. So gear gap between the rich haves (Castle ppl, whales, rampant alters...), increases dramatically in a short span of time, no?
Meanwhile the common player you are claiming the change will help out get left in the dust, not having even switched from neutral into first Gear (HAR HAR :p:p).

------------

I mentioned the creating LC on alts because you did. So obviously you know about it.
I'm expanding on why that system is "not great" for the general population.
As it stands there is already a lack of Qs
As written alt-chars ultimately only result in the same amount of LC in the pockets of less people - the distribution goes in favour of rampant alters.
Increasing reward, your proposed change, (ergo increasing LC generation) only encourages rampant alting at rates higher than already seen.
So, it will only put higher numbers of LC into the pockets of fewer people - the amount of Qs avaliable fundamentally stays the same!

-----------------

And you directly provide an example of how to increase LC generation:
A direct craft of 1 LC from 20 Gilda.
Add in a recipe similar to Gilda Dust but require 20 Gilda to convert to 1 LC to spur more ocean trade, daily quests to be done more often as well.

To which a direct response/comment is given, though you choose to dismiss it as being irrelevant to what you are mentioning.
Again:
There already exists such similar mechanic, again as pointed out - the Light Territory Pack purchasable for 50 Gilda + 1 Territoken.
Your proposal, again, as responded to, would be to have LC crafted essentially at an on demand rate.
Unless the crafting recipe incorporates the Territoken.
But, again, even then, that is a direct "buff" to getting 1LC in comparison to the Light Territory Pack - it is 30 gilda cheaper, and, you are safer since the craft will get put straight into your inventory rather than requiring delivery of a pack worth 1LC that can get stolen from you and when it happens is 1 Territoken and 50 gilda down the toilet.

---------------

if that doesn't clear things up for you then I'm not sure anything will.
'idk

It doesn't clear anything up. The post is about new ways to increase production. No need to quote anything I write and then explain a different angle of the same thing. There needs to be more generation of LC's not generation of quotes in a thread. Hope that clears it up.

It doesn't clear anything up. The post is about new ways to increase production. No need to quote anything I write and then explain a different angle of the same thing. There needs to be more generation of LC's not generation of quotes in a thread. Hope that clears it up.
Ignore him. He totally derailed my post and even said he was trying to provoke. A lot of things are going wrong with 3.5, crafting is in trouble because of it which is going to lead to massive gear disparity and 1 tiny subsection of population overgeared and super-rich as a result. I believe the devs do not care as per replies to my thread. the fact I'm supposed to "wait a few months" to even be able to upgrade my weapon tells me it's time for a new game.

Nah they care, pretty solid group running the place. Just some things they may not see or understand without playing the game heavily. Overall they do a great job.

Ignore him. He totally derailed my post and even said he was trying to provoke.

well TL;DR of xkf2's post that there already is a way to change gilda to LC which might imply this thread/request is redundant? x) so yea maybe it derails the post but in a productive way imho.

Nah they care, pretty solid group running the place. Just some things they may not see or understand without playing the game heavily. Overall they do a great job.

They don't understand, possibly don't care. You can't even turn a profit on scrolls because regrade scrolls are in every box Tuesday. Start putting LCs in boxes to compensate. Let the castles suffer a little for once.

They don't understand, possibly don't care. You can't even turn a profit on scrolls because regrade scrolls are in every box Tuesday. Start putting LCs in boxes to compensate. Let the castles suffer a little for once.

Dude LC's in boxes actually sounds so great where do I vote for that

I also vote for LC in boxes, and Kraken ink sac double drops,,, it's ridiculous that equal but different gear doesn't even require freaking near non-existent and hoarded mats to upgrade... but a few unfortunate pieces of obsidian hold the owner hostage due to an unbalanced game, troll cliques aka PNs and Devs who don't understand how imbalanced it makes obsidian gearing... and do not seem to care either.

Back