What's new

Mentor / Mentee quests

Vexaro

....are completely missing.

It wasn't removed with 3.5 was it? if not, its bugged. The crow that usually hands them out can't be found in any of the dungeons.

Some quests were adjusted in 3.5 but I'll need the quests names that are missing, so could check and tell if that's a bug or 3.5 change.
Please confirm the quests names.

Eh i guess its whatever dungeon you're in, because they're all missing. Crow that used to give out the quest was named Lucius Quinto. I tried mentor for Sharpwind and Palace and we couldn't get the quests, then checked Hadir and Burnt Castle, crow wasn't there either.

Quest names will be "kill [boss name] with a mentor" for the low level, and "kill [boss name] with a mentee for the high level player i.e. Kill Okape The Slayer with a mentor/mentee" at Sharpwind Mines. They were quests that rewarded gilda, hopefully it wasn't removed with 3.5, it was good to have around.

The quests for mentee disappear after you reach too high a level to count as a mentee anymore

Yes, but thats unrelated. At high level you can mentor, and the player i did it with was level 20, he could have picked up the mentee quest at SM / Palace Cellar in normal conditions.

All mentor/mentee quests are missing from dungeons, the quest giver is not there (a black crow named Lucius Quinto), your levels or anything else don't matter at this point. It would have been like 3 gilda from a 3 minute run and helping a new player (that apparently wasn't someones alt, to my surprise), it was good to have and removing it i don't think helped anyone.

Last edited:
The quests you mentioned can be picked up on low levels only. They are still available in game and have same level requirements as in previous version:
Kill Okape with a Mentor and Kill Akmit With A Mentor can be picked up between levels 18-29.
Kill Marmas With A Mentor and Kill Hieronimus With a Mentorcan be picked up between levels 30-39.
You can complete them on any level. Requirements are for pick up only.

I don't know how else to say it, so i'll give it one last shot. To get mentor/mentee chests, both players need to take their respective quest before going in. At the end of the dungeon, there will be chests next to the dead boss, chests which you can only open if both mentor and mentee have their quest active. If one of them did not grab the quest, it is ruined because they both need to interact with the chest and only the quest allows that, otherwise you get red text sayin"you need to have quest active".

The provider of these quests is completely missing, which renders discussions about player level or whatnot, pointless. Heres Sharpwind Mines a minute ago https://i.imgur.com/2sHYZ8q.jpg that red circle is where NPC Lucius Quinto should be, and always has been before 3.5 update. Hes missing now, same for all dungeons i checked, there is nobody providing mentee / mentor quests, regardless of your level. Only the board quests (to defeat boss in normal and greater) are available since update, if that was not your intention, then it is bugged.

@Sparkle I believe they're talking about the kill quests, "Kill Akmit With A Mentee". Link to the quest, [bcolor=#ffffff]http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quest/6167/[/bcolor]
There should be 4 quests in total for Mentors to complete.

Already replied regarding the Mentor quests above. As for the quest linked by you (Kill Akmit With A Mentee). It's still active and can be picked up from level 30 from Lucius Quinto.
Lucius Quinto.png

Last edited:
Already replied regarding the Mentor quests above. As for the quest linked by you (Kill Akmit With A Mentee). It's still active and can be picked up from level 30 from Lucius Quinto.

Yea seems logical the quest didnt get removed, but why are they saying the following:

All mentor/mentee quests are missing from dungeons, the quest giver is not there (a black crow named Lucius Quinto)

Could you double check if the npc isnt bugged out?

Yea seems logical the quest didnt get removed, but why are they saying the following:
Could you double check if the npc isnt bugged out?

Well, some of the NPCs were removed from the game with the update to 3.5. But quest is still available and can be picked up from other places.

But quest is still available and can be picked up from other places.
The NPCs are missing at both locations, if the quests are still present they cannot be picked up near the dungeon entrances, where the only quests available seems to be the ones on the task-boards.
If the quest is available somewhere else in City of Towers, it would be inaccessible for Nuians. Same for Harany and the quest in the Mines.

The NPCs are missing at both locations, if the quests are still present they cannot be picked up near the dungeon entrances, where the only quest available seems to be the ones on the task-boards.
If the quest is available somewhere else in City of Towers, it would be inaccessible for Nuians. Same for Harany and the quest in the Mines.

Check the location marked by me on the map above. You can find NPC there and NPC is still giving the quest.

I've found Lucius Quinto near Hadir Farm entrance as expected.
As Lucius Quinto is absent in Palace Cellar, a mentor (30+) can open TP to Hadir Farm, and help mentee (18-29) to take "Kill Akmit With A Mentor" quest. First time to record Hadir Farm memory location.
Not very convenient but at least workaround to the problem.

Still missing Lucius at the Sharpwind mines entrance and I wasn't able to find a version of him that gave the quest.

pls read sparkles earlier reply:
I did read what Sparkers replied earlier and as the second part states "But the quest is still available and can be picked up from other places". The point of my comment was that I was unable to find another instance of the npc Lucius that offers the quest, was hoping someone down the line could offer a location.

Back