• Overhaul Cargo System? Yes

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Overhaul Cargo System? No

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezz

@Sparkle This is incredibly important. Please read.

I have 9 topics I would like to discuss. Instead of hammering them out one at a time, lets just get it done and over with.
I will write *disputable* for the topics I think are up for discussion, and *mandatory* for the topics I think should just be changed no matter what.

1: *Mandatory* Follow Ticket is not needed. I know this was a 3.5 change, but since we are not allowed to have multiple accounts then this follow ticket is pointless. The only reason it was implemented was because of players with multiple accounts running a chain of 5 haulers for trade pack runs. Getting rid of this would make the game more convenient for players running packs together.

2: *Disputable* Remove the stacked title over name adjustment. It creates 4 lines of text which is absolute CANCER during large raids. It's too much. It was much better next to your name with 3 lines of text.

3: *Mandatory* Obsidian upgrades using Spellshift Orbs. Get rid of the Spellshift Orbs. My gear is done, so I'm only making this argument for the sake of the rest of the server. It was such a fail on the live server that people literally just started quitting, so they immediately removed them in 4.5 shortly after. It's incredibly expensive and will prevent MANY players from gearing up.

4: *Disputable* Adjust crit gems for 1H vs 2H weapons. The 2H weapons are great, but I've already noticed that I can't even hold aggro for basic bosses with another person wielding a 1H weapon with a equivalent grade weapon. The crit gems are too close in comparison and the gear gap isn't realistic. On the live server, this is when you started seeing all the 2H players quit because all of their time, and investment had gone to waste. I don't think 2H needs a buff, but I think dual wield crit gems need to be reduced to 3%. They get so many of them, and even at that percentage they will still destroy everything. 2H just needs that edge with all the flaws that come with it. Otherwise, I can promise you the population will slowly start to dwindle down. EDIT: Clearly a dumb idea to put up a poll for this as there are tons more dual wields than 2H players. Keep in mind that dual wielders now hit harder than 2H's. You thought you hated DR's before? Now ALL the geared DR's will 1 shot you while maintaining the advantages of ranged parry, etc. Welcome to 4.0. Dismiss the change and watch the population drop.

5: *Disputable* Harpoons are useless. The purpose of a harpoon is to lock onto something. They do absolutely nothing right now. I know a lot of people would use them to run packs out of Karkasse. Is it possible to adjust this back to the original version?

6: *Disputable* Ship collision damage. It's wayyyyy too much. You can despawn your speedboat next to a beach and it is very possible it will destroy itself. I know on the live server this pissed off a lot of people. It's kind of ridiculous. Maybe increase the damage compared to 3.5, but not so much as we have in 4.0.

7: *Disputable* Cooldown on draughts. I understand this helps prevent people from flipping pirate right away, as what it was originally intended for, but 3 hours is way too long. Decrease this timer to 1.5 hours. It's still have huge increase compared to the 3.5 patch, but not so intense. Make it a little more fair.

8: *Mandatory* Crime Sweeper fix. It's broken. It was broken during the 4.0 launch on the live server, and the same happened on the private server. It is a item you can obtain from the General Merchant. Please fix.

9: *Mandatory* Last but not least is the cargo system. We released patch 3.5 including the cargo system. There has not been enough instruction for new players to really understand how to use it. It is also not worth it at all. The gold/vocation needed to create a pack makes it hardly worth it to run it and turn it in. You barely receive any return. Since this is a big part of the game, I would like to see this overhauled. Make a huge change to it. Perhaps a different item that's very needed? Maybe include pearls, orange coral, and yellow coral with the charcoal you get? This would help eliminate the issue with Spellshift Orbs. Just an idea, but it something definitely needs to change to create more incentive in cargo runs.

EDIT: Just an FYI for those who are unware. Only 9 votes are allowed. That means 1 vote per topic, so the votes cannot be manipulated. Also, for topic #7 (CD on Draughts), I created the option to select "Yes" on both polls in error. I can't edit the poll, so the 2nd option = No.

Last edited:
Well thought out and informative. There is nothing in this post concerning the topics for discussion that would not benefit from discussion and modification.

Of course YOUR mileage may vary as to whether or not this benefits you directly.

@Sparkle : you and the staff have been very good at taking the points we raise here into consideration when it comes to custom game modifications.

Sometimes you listen, and sometimes you don't, but you usually always offer an explanation as to why the decision was made.

4.0 release on Live was a somewhat controversial release because of the topics mentioned above.

Some of the topics will be hotly discussed, some are common-sense fixes that should be implemented.

Well thought out and informative. There is nothing in this post concerning the topics for discussion that would not benefit from discussion and modification.

Of course YOUR mileage may vary as to whether or not this benefits you directly.

@Sparkle : you and the staff have been very good at taking the points we raise here into consideration when it comes to custom game modifications.

Sometimes you listen, and sometimes you don't, but you usually always offer an explanation as to why the decision was made.

4.0 release on Live was a somewhat controversial release because of the topics mentioned above.

Some of the topics will be hotly discussed, some are common-sense fixes that should be implemented.
A lot of this is information from my experience in 4.0 on the live server. I was aware and prepared. They lost a lot of players for not listening. I know the AR team does a great job at adjusting and I'm hoping they can tackle most of these issues to maintain a player base.

The 2H crit gems is the only argument I included because I am 2H. I was dual wield on the live server, so of course I didn't fight the change. This time I picked 2H ahead of time knowing what would happen, and knowing I would have to fight to make the correct change. If I were dual wield I would vote against it of course, but it's obvious there is plenty of dispute towards damage and realizing how it's really not worth 2H if they don't change it.

It's incredibly unbalanced and everybody else should be afraid too. You thought DR's were bad? Imagine now, ALL of the dual wielders hitting like the 2H's used to. And the 2H's hitting ALMOST as hard but with more disadvantages. That means PEACE OUT to all the 2H players and PEACE OUT to all the players that hate DR's so much. We'll see how that goes. I'm just trying to maintain the population.

Otherwise this post is just for other players (doesn't benefit me). Common problems that I'm aware of that should most definitely be fixed.

Last edited:
Just remember for those of you voting against the 1H vs 2H crit gem change, if it doesn't happen, kiss the population goodbye.

I'm playing a staff mage and its extremely unfair that a scepter dagger combo has x2 the amount of critical gems then I. I would find it fair if 1h gems had 2.5% and 2h was 5%. Gems being like this really makes me want to go scepter dagger like everyone else. Its making 2h obsolete IMO, More attack speed and more critical damage. It’s a lose lose to play 2h. If I didn't have a t7 leg staff I would have changed long ago.

Last edited:
1572659094182.png

kinda cringe bro

4.5 will shift melee crit from AGI to STR and every agi based DR (so all of them) will be saying the same thing about quitting.

A divine+ 2H has 7 * 5% crit dmg gems. DW divine+ has 14 * 4% gems. 2H stacks 35% crit dmg, DW 56%, 21% difference. Leggy kingsbane has 21% crit dmg built in and just about matches a DW set crit dmg (-5 or 6% if DW has sword), but on a weapon with much higher damage numbers, yet you still wanna nerf DW by 15%, sounds bad.

2H talking point is the outrageous numbers it produces, everyone going 2H knows exactly what they're doing, DW has the GCDs and parry ranged. Trade-offs seem just fine.

Also funny that you're taking about "all the 2H players investment" when its DW that takes literally double the investment to get.

4: *Disputable* Adjust crit gems for 1H vs 2H weapons. The 2H weapons are great, but I've already noticed that I can't even hold aggro for basic bosses with another person wielding a 1H weapon with a equivalent grade weapon. The crit gems are too close in comparison and the gear gap isn't realistic. On the live server, this is when you started seeing all the 2H players quit because all of their time, and investment had gone to waste. I don't think 2H needs a buff, but I think dual wield crit gems need to be reduced to 3%. They get so many of them, and even at that percentage they will still destroy everything. 2H just needs that edge with all the flaws that come with it. Otherwise, I can promise you the population will slowly start to dwindle down. EDIT: Clearly a dumb idea to put up a poll for this as there are tons more dual wields than 2H players. Keep in mind that dual wielders now hit harder than 2H's. You thought you hated DR's before? Now ALL the geared DR's will 1 shot you while maintaining the advantages of ranged parry, etc. Welcome to 4.0. Dismiss the change and watch the population drop.
This is an absurd proposition. You're saying that in the most overtuned damage patch in archeage history, that 1H users need to be nerfed because 2H is too weak? I cannot possibly fathom this being a beneficial change for the majority of the server. Especially with defensive buffs like kingdom shadows removed, you have to be joking man. You are making crazy claims about the population of ArcheRage dropping if this change isn't implemented? More like the opposite dude. Second of all, you're just pulling this idea of 2H players quitting in droves out of a place where the sun doesn't shine. You haven't done anything to potentially quantify why there would be a mass exodus of players other than complain about being out DPS'ed in PvE (lmao...) I know plenty of 2H users that are loving their 4.0 damage plenty and don't feel gimped by not going dual wield.

In 4.5 the dissonance skill is altered to be a targeted ranged ability that removes a target's offhand/shield for 6? seconds. If anything this skill change puts dual wield users at an even greater disadvantage considering they lose their primary bonus of attack speed... not to mention a large chunk of their crit damage, their ability to parry arrows or shield block, and any equip effect on their offhand weapon or defense on their shield.

On top of this, in terms of mages, the 2H buff offers an -7% cast time effect that can only made up for by dual wield users if they use an obsidian t7 dagger. Additionally, the 2H buff gains an additional +3 meters to magic skills in the 4.5 patch, which also removes the sorcery range passive of +5 meters. So most sorcery skills will become 20 meters range at max, but staff will be able to have a 23 meter range on their abilities. Staffs (the only 2H magic weapon) also offer a 10k magic defense proc effect, which offers an absurd amount of damage that is completely unavailable to dual wield magic users, unlike melees (shortspear/longspear).

I'm bringing up 4.5 so much in this post because Sparkle confirmed that we're already less than 6 months away from 4.5 being released on ArcheRage NA @ October 15, 2019.

93HC2EK.png

Regardless of being able to stack higher crit damage, 2H still the most burst damage, a 2H will always hit harder than a comparable 1H and in PvP this is really the only thing that matters.

9: *Mandatory* Last but not least is the cargo system. We released patch 3.5 including the cargo system. There has not been enough instruction for new players to really understand how to use it. It is also not worth it at all. The gold/vocation needed to create a pack makes it hardly worth it to run it and turn it in. You barely receive any return. Since this is a big part of the game, I would like to see this overhauled. Make a huge change to it. Perhaps a different item that's very needed? Maybe include pearls, orange coral, and yellow coral with the charcoal you get? This would help eliminate the issue with Spellshift Orbs. Just an idea, but it something definitely needs to change to create more incentive in cargo runs.

Well they already "fixed" the cargo system when they kept the old trade pack system in place for us... I for one never interact with the cargos except for that family Q... Old tradepack system for me the whole way
The cargos mostly suck because of the stupid DEMAND based pricing of the tradepack, and, then sometimes you cannot even hand in the pack once you get to the outlet because it is "full"...

Meanwhile, because the admin so kindly kept the old 2.9/3.0 trade system, you are free to run whatever kind of pack you like whenever you like wherever you like :)

Also, please do not write in white it is very hard to read on light theme...

This is an absurd proposition. You're saying that in the most overtuned damage patch in archeage history, that 1H users need to be nerfed because 2H is too weak? I cannot possibly fathom this being a beneficial change for the majority of the server. Especially with defensive buffs like kingdom shadows removed, you have to be joking man. You are making crazy claims about the population of ArcheRage dropping if this change isn't implemented? More like the opposite dude. Second of all, you're just pulling this idea of 2H players quitting in droves out of a place where the sun doesn't shine. You haven't done anything to potentially quantify why there would be a mass exodus of players other than complain about being out DPS'ed in PvE (lmao...) I know plenty of 2H users that are loving their 4.0 damage plenty and don't feel gimped by not going dual wield.

In 4.5 the dissonance skill is altered to be a targeted ranged ability that removes a target's offhand/shield for 6? seconds. If anything this skill change puts dual wield users at an even greater disadvantage considering they lose their primary bonus of attack speed... not to mention a large chunk of their crit damage, their ability to parry arrows or shield block, and any equip effect on their offhand weapon or defense on their shield.

On top of this, in terms of mages, the 2H buff offers an -7% cast time effect that can only made up for by dual wield users if they use an obsidian t7 dagger. Additionally, the 2H buff gains an additional +3 meters to magic skills in the 4.5 patch, which also removes the sorcery range passive of +5 meters. So most sorcery skills will become 20 meters range at max, but staff will be able to have a 23 meter range on their abilities. Staffs (the only 2H magic weapon) also offer a 10k magic defense proc effect, which offers an absurd amount of damage that is completely unavailable to dual wield magic users, unlike melees (shortspear/longspear).

I'm bringing up 4.5 so much in this post because Sparkle confirmed that we're already less than 6 months away from 4.5 being released on ArcheRage NA @ October 15, 2019.

93HC2EK.png

Regardless of being able to stack higher crit damage, 2H still the most burst damage, a 2H will always hit harder than a comparable 1H and in PvP this is really the only thing that matters.
In case you can't read. I implied that 2H does enough, and 1H needs to be nerfed because it is equal to previous 2H damage. If you can't "fathom" this change, then you are the problem. Every forum I see you in, you just argue everybody's point. As if yours matters. You want the server to die? It's okay for 1H to take over and wipe the population of 2H? Are you actually that dumb? There are still plenty of buffs that increase defense and received healing. We all lost lost the defense pots so stop crying over it.

In regards to your 4.5 quote. Nobody cares. It's not 4.5. Save that argument for 4.5.

My bottom line is, clearly 1H keeps up, if not does more DPS than a 2H. That's okay with you? No difference in DPS is okay? Watch the game die dude. Watch it die because so many people do an incredible amount of DPS that should have never been released. You're so incredibly opinionated though, so you're probably right. You come off as that kind of guy.

Then you argue about 3 meters for mages? 3? METERS? Every post you comment in you go above and beyond to use all the misinformation you have available. I honestly believe at this point you're leeching anything to your advantage and trying to do your best to destroy the server. Maybe inadvertently? I'm not sure but you are doing it. If the AR team takes your advice at this point, they're digging their own grave. You're a loose end. A false cause. Your information is so misleading and couldn't be any more inaccurate. Anything you say and WILL say after this is entirely irrelevant. Go ruin somebody elses server.

Respond though, take every paragraph I typed and respond to every little sentence with "adult" responses and try to call me out for everything I've had to say. Bottom line is. You're so incredibly wrong. You come off as the type of guy I work with and everybody is like "wtf? Is this guy serious?". You say a lot, but you're wasting your time. Your opinion doesn't matter. Good news though! Mine does.

Last edited:
I see no issue with dual wield hitting harder then 2h, you have to make, regrade and gem two weapons and you complain that your one weapon for half the money is weaker then that?

to the titles, we need that change, the new title posittion is absolute cancer and makes it hard to read people's names even outside combat

Spellshift orbs need to be either removed or have their crafting materials changed. 30 sunset pearls are insane. Either you spend a ton of time farming gold to buy them, or you spend a ton of time farming coral. And that's just for one upgrade. Since both going to T5 and T6 require one currently, every single gear piece becomes that much more expensive and difficult to get. To obtain T6 obsidian gear is incredibly expensive and time consuming anyways. Either the crafting materials for the spellshift orbs needs to be dropped to 1-5 sunset pearls, or spellshift orbs just need to be removed outright. Crafted gear went from being roughly equally expensive to craft to becoming much cheaper with the introduction of spellshift orbs. Not to mention with the custom changes that increased the regrade rates, obtaining Delphinad+ is easier and cheaper than ever.

EDIT: Or just make it so it requires a transmuter? Don't know.

Last edited:
In case you can't read. I implied that 2H does enough, and 1H needs to be nerfed because it is equal to previous 2H damage. If you can't "fathom" this change, then you are the problem. Every forum I see you in, you just argue everybody's point. As if yours matters. You want the server to die? It's okay for 1H to take over and wipe the population of 2H? Are you actually that dumb? There are still plenty of buffs that increase defense and received healing. We all lost lost the defense pots so stop crying over it.
As long as someone has an active account on these forums, their opinion technically matters. Maybe not to certain individuals, but the whole point of this discussion board is for people to voice their individual opinions. As far as I'm concerned I can continue posting on your thread, even if you, as the OP, disagree with my individual views. I'm not breaking any forum rules in my posts.

I argue and make suggestions quite often on this forum, mainly because I enjoy playing this server. Occasionally I do play the devil's advocate, and my primary focus when doing so is to bring new information and discussion on a server where a lot of people don't know a ton about the game (this is the first AA server for quite a few people).

Evidently 2H does not do enough in your eyes in a comparative sense if DW is supposedly so much stronger than it.

As someone who is pretty involved in trading and the auction house here, I have a question for you: If DW damage is so absurdly high, then why isn't everyone selling their 2H and switching over?

I don't see an abundance, or really hardly any high tier 2H weapons being posted for sale that weren't already being advertised a month or two ago. If anything, we need a larger sample size here (more time into 4.0) to really know if there is an actual issue, especially considering we're not even one week into the patch on this server. Maybe a few months down the line if there is a trend of MAJOR offloading of 2H weapons, or some sort of supportive evidence, a decision could be made.

Entertain another hypothetical scenario here:

Let's say the admins read your thread and formally state that they won't be changing gem stat values at all. Would you sell your 2H weapon and quit or switch to DW? It seems pretty foolish for you to intentionally roll 2H praying the admins will alter gem values to make your supposedly subpar weapon archetype viable.

In regards to your 4.5 quote. Nobody cares. It's not 4.5. Save that argument for 4.5.
If 4.5 is less than six months away, I would argue that plenty of people care about the implications of a major gem change like the one your are proposing would have on the future. High-tier weapons cost a lot of gold and could potentially bind. If the admins are going to abruptly change up values and shift the meta, I'm sure people would want to have that information as soon as possible.

My bottom line is, clearly 1H keeps up, if not does more DPS than a 2H. That's okay with you? No difference in DPS is okay? Watch the game die dude. Watch it die because so many people do an incredible amount of DPS that should have never been released. You're so incredibly opinionated though, so you're probably right. You come off as that kind of guy.
Sustained DPS has no bearing on PvP encounters and is really only important in PvE... The type of damage that matters in a fast paced PvP game like ArcheAge with extremely low time to kill is burst damage, which I'm pretty sure 2H is still supreme at dishing out. Dual wield can hit pretty hard with these new gems for sure, but the raw damage numbers of 2H per individual hit simply cannot be replicated by a comparable DW setup.

Then you argue about 3 meters for mages? 3? METERS? Every post you comment in you go above and beyond to use all the misinformation you have available. I honestly believe at this point you're leeching anything to your advantage and trying to do your best to destroy the server. Maybe inadvertently? I'm not sure but you are doing it. If the AR team takes your advice at this point, they're digging their own grave. You're a loose end. A false cause. Your information is so misleading and couldn't be any more inaccurate. Anything you say and WILL say after this is entirely irrelevant. Go ruin somebody elses server.
I mean I'm the one that actually plays mage here... You play darkrunner. +3m range when your max range is 20m is pretty nice, especially on skills like chain lightning that get changed to 8 meters. -7% cast time is also nothing to scoff at either in my experience. Every single target mage currently runs the +5m passive, archers on live still use leather despite being able to build agility on any armor type because of the extra bow skill range. As a ranged DPS (mage or archer) playing in a game where if the darkrunners close the gap, you die, any extra range whatsoever is extremely important.

Respond though, take every paragraph I typed and respond to every little sentence with "adult" responses and try to call me out for everything I've had to say. Bottom line is. You're so incredibly wrong. You come off as the type of guy I work with and everybody is like "wtf? Is this guy serious?". You say a lot, but you're wasting your time. Your opinion doesn't matter. Good news though! Mine does.
:eek:

As long as someone has an active account on these forums, their opinion technically matters. Maybe not to certain individuals, but the whole point of this discussion board is for people to voice their individual opinions. As far as I'm concerned I can continue posting on your thread, even if you, as the OP, disagree with my individual views. I'm not breaking any forum rules in my posts.
I wouldn't take Kezz seriously, he's one of those DRs arguing that battlerage is weak and mages are oneshotting ppl with higer gear

imo he just sneaked that in among other suggestions to buff his already broken build, which is really petty

@Sparkle This is incredibly important. Please read.

I have 9 topics I would like to discuss. Instead of hammering them out one at a time, lets just get it done and over with.
I will write *disputable* for the topics I think are up for discussion, and *mandatory* for the topics I think should just be changed no matter what.

1: *Mandatory* Follow Ticket is not needed. I know this was a 3.5 change, but since we are not allowed to have multiple accounts then this follow ticket is pointless. The only reason it was implemented was because of players with multiple accounts running a chain of 5 haulers for trade pack runs. Getting rid of this would make the game more convenient for players running packs together.

2: *Disputable* Remove the stacked title over name adjustment. It creates 4 lines of text which is absolute CANCER during large raids. It's too much. It was much better next to your name with 3 lines of text.

3: *Mandatory* Obsidian upgrades using Spellshift Orbs. Get rid of the Spellshift Orbs. My gear is done, so I'm only making this argument for the sake of the rest of the server. It was such a fail on the live server that people literally just started quitting, so they immediately removed them in 4.5 shortly after. It's incredibly expensive and will prevent MANY players from gearing up.

5: *Disputable* Harpoons are useless. The purpose of a harpoon is to lock onto something. They do absolutely nothing right now. I know a lot of people would use them to run packs out of Karkasse. Is it possible to adjust this back to the original version?

6: *Disputable* Ship collision damage. It's wayyyyy too much. You can despawn your speedboat next to a beach and it is very possible it will destroy itself. I know on the live server this pissed off a lot of people. It's kind of ridiculous. Maybe increase the damage compared to 3.5, but not so much as we have in 4.0.

7: *Disputable* Cooldown on draughts. I understand this helps prevent people from flipping pirate right away, as what it was originally intended for, but 3 hours is way too long. Decrease this timer to 1.5 hours. It's still have huge increase compared to the 3.5 patch, but not so intense. Make it a little more fair.

8: *Mandatory* Crime Sweeper fix. It's broken. It was broken during the 4.0 launch on the live server, and the same happened on the private server. It is a item you can obtain from the General Merchant. Please fix.

EDIT: Just an FYI for those who are unware. Only 9 votes are allowed. That means 1 vote per topic, so the votes cannot be manipulated. Also, for topic #7 (CD on Draughts), I created the option to select "Yes" on both polls in error. I can't edit the poll, so the 2nd option = No.
1. Follow Ticket.
Follow Ticket is not in game. It was removed by us in 3.5 and never added after. Due to it request to remove it makes no sense.

2. Titles.
It's always like this in majority of the games - title goes first and after it player's name. But separating title from the name into a separate line now makes it easier to find the name in all that text. Maybe it's uncomfortable for you, but we don't think that all other player share your opinion and and change is required here.

3. Spellshift Orbs.
A separate active thread is available for it. There is no need to duplicate same question here. It will be replied in that thread when all the details are confirmed on our side.

4. 1H vs 2H weapon.
Request is denied. If you feel 2H is not good for you, change to two 1H.

5. Harpoons.
That will be looked into by us. Can't comment on it right now with yes or no as it requires some time to do analysis on our side.

6. Ship Collision Damage.
Denied. Lacks arguments.

7. CD on draughts.
Denied. Lacks arguments.

8. Crime Sweeper.
If there is a bugged item in game, please submit a ticket or report a bug in Technical section of the forums. Make sure to include a bug description. Your current post doesn't include any details.

9. Cargo system.
Players can choose between the old pre-3.5 and new 3.5 trade packs systems. That was added by us so each player would choose the best option for himself. Also, to make charcoal cargo trades more profitable a charcoal day was added with our Merchant's Day event that gives you extra rewards for it to be more profitable.

2. Titles.
It's always like this in majority of the games - title goes first and after it player's name. But separating title from the name into a separate line now makes it easier to find the name in all that text. Maybe it's uncomfortable for you, but we don't think that all other player share your opinion and and change is required here.
Having the name at the right side (with title on the left side) made it much easier to read then having it centered inbetween Title and guild name, both of which are usually longer, it makes the names near impossible to read especially in combat scenarios, log in to the game and check it yourself, it's not just a matter of oppinion

if the title was however switched with name, having name uptop, it would fix this issue alltogeder while keeping title separate, it's kind of counter intuitive but way more practical

alternatively it wouldn't hurt at all to give us option to disable showing titles completely, they are useless as information anyway now that u can use fishing title and give it combat buffs etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back