What's new

Do these suggestions fit your expectations of a game like ArcheRage?

• Yes! They're exactly what I look for in this server

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Nope! You are uneducated on the matter and I do not wish to further your opinions

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • I'm a p2w whale and i am opposed to these ideas

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grim

After reading Mendingo's infamous 2-part post about his experience and opinion with this private server, I have actually come up with some ideas. I know they might be hit or miss or even just missed for the most part but I will list them, nonetheless in the hopes someone will read and build on these ideas:

1. From what I've heard, land is unavailable due to people putting treehouses everywhere. I suggest there be multiple channels and servers with freed up land or a limiter per person (if that's even possible.) I think 2 or 3 per person sounds agreeable! It sucks that the private server has literally only been open a month and progress has already become borked...

Last edited:
2. The cash shop was, ultimately, THE main thing that killed AA to begin with. Instead of promoting the cash shop we should be limiting it to cosmetic items. This will, quite likely, repel any whales present in game and will likely lower the overall profit that the server owner will receive but I think it's fair that this be a consideration. At least make a modest change like allowing rng items such as charms, server switch certificates, nation change certificates and etc. to stay and taking things like building blueprints, materials and gear off the cash shop. In other words, kill the monster that is the cash shop and turn it into something that will not hurt the economy and overall player experience!

3. He mentioned that a man's dollar is worth LESS in the private server than it is in the original. To be honest, it's to be expected because the community is still trying to figure out its economy. Being that it's a private server, I feel that the economy should be smaller and items should be worth less money than they do on OG. Halving the value of all items should be a priority and not an option. I'm not sure how far the admin's authority goes as far as controlling things like numbers and limiters but, if possible, certain items should have a max value at low values to make the game more balanced until everyone adjusts to the new market.

Last edited:
4. Log-in rewards can really motivate a player to want to come play the game. Hell! Voting rewards even more-so. Here's where you can go nuts (but not too nuts) and put in prizes like temp. or even perm. mounts, game credits, game money, resources, cosmetics, charms, even things like temporary patron status (Still unsure whether patron status is free or paid for here..)

What people are wanting out of this private server is to experience the absolute masterpiece that is Archeage unhindered by broken mechanics and exploits; the way the game was meant to be played and presented! I'm sure the server's doin fine atm and I've heard good things but it's a month old and things are bound to go amiss. So, please, learn from your playerbase and make quality-of-life decisions to further the server's success! I'm sure everyone, including you, will benefit in the long-run.. Thanks for hearin my big feedback haha

You might be the most clueless archeage player ever. Why are even posting if you dont even fucking play on the damn server. Good thing most devs don't pay attention to dumb ass shit like this lol.
These are my opinions and they are open suggestions for the admin to consider. I never said i was the dictator on this and, like i said, it is what I've gathered in a post i saw while simultaneously trying to figure out why this game will not open...

Instead of just shitting all over the suggestions, how's about a little contribution? I know very little about the way this server operates other than what I've learned so far outside of the game. I'm taking what i felt would be ideal for the original game and tweaking things to fit what i know about this one so far. Obviously someone who's played on this server since day 1 would know what's wrong with it thus far and would be able to better diagnose it. So, tell me, what is your feedback on my ideas?

I like how he separated it.
Look, the only real problem now is getting antihack shield implemented and that is well on its way.

While there possibly are players who occupy land ,and dont even use it, players with multi accs, players who are just greedy and have dozens of lands, another thing is happening at the same time, and that is that many have been banned for various reasons, and on top of that castle land areas will soon be available so it balances out.

People complain that credit value are low in this game both that there is p2w here, they need to pick one, since these two contradict eachother.
I think gold/credit value has now stabilised and with donations back up gameplay has never been better.

Patron is entirely free.You can buy labor stipend ingame.
There are no broken mechanics, players are using hundreds of ways to earn gold, there is no one best method ,since the economy is constantly shifting.

everything you said sounds spot on and anyone thats salty is a p2w player that shouldnt be on these servers to begin with

I'm very happy with the results of the anti-cheat. I agree with most of what you said, especially the login rewards :oops::oops:

Just increase tax will fix the land problem.

And TBH the only big p2w in cash stop is the regrade stuff. If they remove that, there would be a lot less p2w going on.

But people can still always buy gold .-.

Buy gold through alternate sites or via the cash shop? Or are you talkin about apex or labor stipen?

(Still unsure whether patron status is free or paid for here..)
Did you play the server before typing this ????

Seriously, it feels like you have not played the server when I read what you're saying

1. Progress hasn't become borked, people like to complain about land availability because they do nothing productive ingame and expect to get land for free. You can easily grind out the gold to buy land in 1 or 2 days if you're not lazy and you're actually playing the game. Yes, tree-houses and stellar/etc farms in the cash shop from the start might've been a shit idea but whatever, you can still get land nonetheless, especially since so many people have been banned. Just wait for demo dates or buy land from someone.

2. Cash shop presents no issue as it is currently, we also don't get to decide they way they monetize so ultimately there is no point in discussing it. (Big whales don't even bother with cash shop, they just straight up buy gold as it is not against the rules.)

3. What? You do understand the prices of things are set by the players right? Supply and demand? Ring a bell? If the price of something is higher than Live servers is because players in this server don't mind buying it for that price. Unless you're talking about something else entirely.

4. I agree with this, I wouldn't mind better prizes for login in and cosmetics would be cool. Just add things to the NPC where you exchange login badges.

Ultimately, you should not be giving your opinion if you haven't even logged in once.
(Basing your opinion on someone else's opinion is a bad idea, you should base your opinion through your own experiences.) (That's a lot of opinions, I need a thesaurus.)

1. Progress hasn't become borked, people like to complain about land availability because they do nothing productive ingame and expect to get land for free. You can easily grind out the gold to buy land in 1 or 2 days if you're not lazy and you're actually playing the game. Yes, tree-houses and stellar/etc farms in the cash shop from the start might've been a shit idea but whatever, you can still get land nonetheless, especially since so many people have been banned. Just wait for demo dates or buy land from someone.

2. Cash shop presents no issue as it is currently, we also don't get to decide they way they monetize so ultimately there is no point in discussing it. (Big whales don't even bother with cash shop, they just straight up buy gold as it is not against the rules.)

3. What? You do understand the prices of things are set by the players right? Supply and demand? Ring a bell? If the price of something is higher than Live servers is because players in this server don't mind buying it for that price. Unless you're talking about something else entirely.

4. I agree with this, I wouldn't mind better prizes for login in and cosmetics would be cool. Just add things to the NPC where you exchange login badges.

Ultimately, you should not be giving your opinion if you haven't even logged in once.
(Basing your opinion on someone else's opinion is a bad idea, you should base your opinion through your own experiences.) (That's a lot of opinions, I need a thesaurus.)
That doesn't change the fact that they're relate-able opinions. I'm now currently playing the server and so far it's great. I haven't gotten to any of the post-grind stages of the game just yet but I'm getting there. I posted my opinions to start a discussion and to learn more, plain and simple. I explained this twice now...

Did you play the server before typing this ????

Seriously, it feels like you have not played the server when I read what you're saying
Did you read my post before typing this??? I guess not because you would know that I didn't. Just because I hadn't experienced the server at that point does not mean that my opinions do not matter. I have played the base game so my criticisms stem immediately from the OG server and are scaled based on other people's opinions of the server so far. Like I said, I posted my opinions thus far (pre-game) to learn more about the server before I jump into it. I can talk about whether I agree or disagree with my own opinions later. Why everyone gettin so booty-tickled over this? You're meant to take these posts with a grain of salt.. sorry it wasn't obvoius enough for ya

Did you read my post before typing this??? I guess not because you would know that I didn't. Just because I hadn't experienced the server at that point does not mean that my opinions do not matter. I have played the base game so my criticisms stem immediately from the OG server and are scaled based on other people's opinions of the server so far. Like I said, I posted my opinions thus far (pre-game) to learn more about the server before I jump into it. I can talk about whether I agree or disagree with my own opinions later. Why everyone gettin so booty-tickled over this? You're meant to take these posts with a grain of salt.. sorry it wasn't obvoius enough for ya
Yes, your opinion does not matter

Back