What's new

A Vets two Cents on Archeage.

Sailleach

This is just my opinion. Maybe it will gives the devs some Idea on how to fix some of the issues but I know that some of these topics are sensitive.

A little about me I am a veteran that has played on every single Archage server looking for one that is some what playable. I love the game and for a time I've even considered starting a private server myself.

Bots:

Yes Bots are in every single MMO and in some MMO's they are essential because they remove some of the grind, but all they do is generate gold and that is how you end up with gold sellers.

Archeage has a ton of bots and ways to bot. I love the fact that you can't use labor until you are 52.
  • Commerce bots
    If there is a route that is safe then it is Botable make them a little less friendly and you'll fix that problem.
  • Fishing bots
    Hardest bot to deal but hardly effect the economy.
  • Resource bots
    Resources in Archeage have stagnate spawn points meaning they do not move. You can fix it by randomizing the spawns far enough apart so bots can't detect them. I'm surprised developers haven't figured this out yet.
Mob killing bots (Yes this needs its own section)
Coin purses are they primary reason these exist. One point is they are to easy to obtain. The other point is that they drop an amount of currency. These bots are extremely easy to make. PERFECT THING FOR GOLD SELLERS! I've always argued that coin purses should be removed from the game all together; however, they are essential to the game. They are one of the few ways for free players (None land owners) to get crafting mats Archeum/Lunarite.

My opinion:
I wish that coin purses and Crates were restricted to dropping in dungeons. Everyone gets a crate from a boss and every mob drops a purse. Then just bump up the drop rates of the coin purses themselves, harder the dungeon the more they drop. Make all dungeon require two people. Easier to monitor and harder to make a bot for. At least it would be a way for people without land to to have a viable way to get crafting mats.

People who have land VS People who dont. (Newer players perspective or just starting)
You have land? Great you can breeze through the game on easy street you are able to farm a metric ton of materials to run a load of trade packs and rake in the money to buy what ever your heart desires. If you have land in Arouria you get the privilege of being able to grow archeum/lunarite for all of your crafting needs. All is right with the world and you are happy.

You don't have land here are your options:
  • Illegal farms that anyone can gather from that cost double the labor.
  • Trophy fishing in a clipper until you get enough money for a fishing boat (My favorite)
  • The long grind of farming coin purses (unless you bot its not viable with the current rates)
  • Using the shit public farms scatter all over the place and getting enough crafting materials to run few trade packs a week.
  • Whore out your labor (not as viable on a private server with increased labor)
If you are one of these people you have two options. Do all the things above or hope to find a well established guild and ride their coattails. You are pissed off, can't contribute, can't compete, and you feel like it takes forever to do anything in this game. Most people in this position quit.

Constructive feedback please if not... Commence flaming (Already know that is coming)

Why does everyone complain about land? I had land 3 days into the server with little to no effort. Gold is so easy to make on this server due to lack of bots not driving materials way down. Hell mining star shards for 2 days could afford you a piece of land. This server is so much easier then official I do not even know where to begin! Everyone is looking for instant gratification and I am not sure what to tell these people. No MMO ever is instant gratification and I applaud this sever for cutting out somethings that made official server hard to keep up with.

I wish that coin purses and Crates were restricted to dropping in dungeons. Everyone gets a crate from a boss and every mob drops a purse. Then just bump up the drop rates of the coin purses themselves, harder the dungeon the more they drop. Make all dungeon require two people. Easier to monitor and harder to make a bot for. At least it would be a way for people without land to to have a viable way to get crafting mats.

That will just kill Larceny.

I see your point about stopping these bots, but I believe the admins have done a decent job with keeping the bots as minimal as possible, seeing that some people make a living botting/selling gold on ArcheAge and this server being F2P is a goldmine for some of these people.

However, your opinion on the coinpurses is a little far fetch as there are multiple types of coinpurses in the game, and limited entries/dungeons in the game. Not to mention if its even possible for these Dev's to do such coding. Most of these bots care more about spending their labor on numerous accounts as fast as possible, seeing why you would probably find most of them farming floor 3 library, 1g per purse and the most labor spent at a time or afk fishing.

Also for land, this should no longer be an issue what so ever seeing the new update hit and there is still numerous spots of land, and there is multiple ways of making gold even without land other than the suggested ones above.

As long as the bots are kept minimal they honestly can't hurt the server that much, yes it adds a little bit on unfair play but as for materials etc. hitting the AH that only good for this server ATM. The only issue with botting and ArcheAge is RMT, there is nothing to achieve in the game other than gold, you need gold to do everything, so keeping these bots almost non-existent help combats that.

Everything done to kill bots will kill players which will kill game. 3.0 didn't work for Trion and it won't work here. Every little bitty way legitimate players used to earn gold has been killed by trying to stop bots. To name a few include making lord coin & loyalty bound.

Everything done to kill bots will kill players which will kill game. 3.0 didn't work for Trion and it won't work here. Every little bitty way legitimate players used to earn gold has been killed by trying to stop bots. To name a few include making lord coin & loyalty bound.

Lords coins being bound is a bug. Cannot comment on the loyalty being bound but I hope that is a bug as well.

Screw it if there are bots imo I hardly see them, just keep doing the banwaves every once in a while to wipe out their setup. These changes affect actual players. Your coin purse suggestion is one of the worst I have ever read tbh. So make everyone spam farm dungeons instead of being out in the world farming all over? Very bad idea. Better idea is to revert the changes and keep it how it was, keep doing the bans

Back