What's new

About spinal ridges and their insane scarcity

TripleDip

Hi, so I wanted to make this post to gauge what the community thinks about the current market front of spinal ridges and the severely lacking amount of them being generated on this server. The first few points I'd like to have down currently stand as:

1. The recent spike in the player count 6 months ago. Spinal ridges, and shards have seen an increase in price by 2x due to the massive amount of people going for things like Sky emperor (crafting the glider), Monthly dragon feeding, and world boss weapon creation. It used to cost roughly 40=60k for a scroll to renew a dragon, now it costs 140k+.
  2. A trend I did take into account is that this is a single server with maybe 3 Red dragon instances at best being completed daily, compared to the live/aau services that have combined auction houses and instances for red dragons to be done. So prices have ranged a lot differently in these servers too.​
So with those 2 parts out of the way, I wanted to get to the bread and butter about how much it sucks to try and craft a kraken glider, keep a dragon feed, or also crafting the armor, and gear that require spinal ridges. It costs an extravagantly large amount of gold and time past what even I'd deem Archeage levels of "grind" to the point where even owning something like a dragon is literally equivalent to a monthly car payment in levels of time needed to even use something like it. So here are a few changes I've discussed with people who own dragons, working on boss gear, gliders etc.

• Remove the Kadum instance and replace the car mats for dark wind into Red dragon and make Red dragon a daily instance that can be done 2- times a day per player. This would help increase the amount of shards thus hopefully lowering the price to be in a more manageable and obtainable way.

• If the previous note cant be done, then increase the drops from red dragon per pouch in the form of shards. This is a more simple fix that can help alleviate the strained market as is. I think it has been previously increased before, but it just still is not enough

• Look into changing the monthly cooldown on dragons? My personal opinion on dragons are that they cost a lot to obtain, feed, and craft the gear for. And game design wise, I've never seen something as dumb as a 1 month timer on such an already costly mount in a video game. This is an XL game design decision of course, and an extremely stupid one at that. So maybe it would be a good idea to just outright remove the 1 month timer and make it permanent, or look into another method to upkeep said dragons instead of it costing an actual absurd amount of ridges and time to keep up a mount in a video game.
Closing off from those parts. I want to know if anyone else has any fresh ideas on what to do, because as it currently sits. This is an extremely unbalanced part of gameplay structure that needs to be looked at for everyone's sanity and sake of wanting that sweet sky emperor, dragon, or boss weapons to work on. I do understand this is an mmo, and it's archeage on top of that, but lets try and have some more realistic viewpoints on what makes something worthwhile and fun vs time consuming, disheartening garbage that is the current cost of these ridges in the forms of time, gold, and progression. I Implore the Dev's to please consider this as I know its something people have already been frustrated over.

Back