What's new

Advice needed: Should I Buy or Craft?

Tiptoe

Hey there, I could really use some advice. In all my years of playing ArcheAge, this is the first time I've reached level cap and I'm a bit lost as to what gear I need.

I'm strictly a PvE player (farming mobs in Auroria) and while I've been making do with gear just from monster drops. I feel I can do better.

So, as I have a bit of gold saved up (and nothing else to spend it on) I thought I'd get myself an Obsidian Shield. But I'm not sure if I should craft it myself, or just buy it from the Auction House.

If I buy it, it will cost me about 250 gold (for green grade). If I craft it, it will only cost me about 160 gold (but I could get a crappy white basic grade).

If I do craft it and get a crappy white basic version, is there anything I can do to recover some of my loss? Can I evenstone it or something?

Thanks for any advice.

Hey there, I could really use some advice. In all my years of playing ArcheAge, this is the first time I've reached level cap and I'm a bit lost as to what gear I need.

I'm strictly a PvE player (farming mobs in Auroria) and while I've been making do with gear just from monster drops. I feel I can do better.

So, as I have a bit of gold saved up (and nothing else to spend it on) I thought I'd get myself an Obsidian Shield. But I'm not sure if I should craft it myself, or just buy it from the Auction House.

If I buy it, it will cost me about 250 gold (for green grade). If I craft it, it will only cost me about 160 gold (but I could get a crappy white basic grade).

If I do craft it and get a crappy white basic version, is there anything I can do to recover some of my loss? Can I evenstone it or something?

Thanks for any advice.

When you craft Obsidian it's always green to start. You regrade it from there on your own. If you're just doing base obsidian for now just craft your own especially if it's gonna save you money. If you're gonna go for more high grades later on then you have to weight the differeences between how much do the regrade scrolls cost + the costs of regrading and the RNG of how many times it'll take you to get said grade you're aiming for.

Anything Celestial or higher I useally just grind the gold and buy it or swipe my plastic when I have it cause "ain't nobody got time for dat"

Thank you so much Dimmizer! I've never crafted anything before (I never had enough labor for it in official ArcheAge) so this is a whole new experience for me :D

Not to try and push you away but... why ArcheAge? If your strictly PvE there are TON better games to play than ArcheAge, infact if I were to rate games on their PvE content, this game is by far rated the lowest... PvE in this game is extremely braindead with most of the abilities in the game being absolutely meaningless since a lot of harder PvE content is simply immune to the combos that make the abilities useful. You litterally just spam 1 (or whatever your spam ability is).

This game however is most certainly on the top for PvP experience... minus the P2W and the absurd difference between different gear grades but on an equal level this games PvP is great.

I actually know a lot of people who prefer ArcheAge over other PvE games because of the farming aspect.. having houses and land and being able to grow crops or do farming like cows and pigs etc.. some people RP this to the extreme to the point they name their chickens n shit it's crazy lol.

I dunno many games that have a whole farming system n such like ArcheAge. There truly is something special about this game because of the year I've played it and quit playing I'm always back playing again and I know many others who are the same way. There's really not another game on the market like ArcheAge which is why so many people love it I think.

I actually know a lot of people who prefer ArcheAge over other PvE games because of the farming aspect.. having houses and land and being able to grow crops or do farming like cows and pigs etc.. some people RP this to the extreme to the point they name their chickens n shit it's crazy lol.

I dunno many games that have a whole farming system n such like ArcheAge. There truly is something special about this game because of the year I've played it and quit playing I'm always back playing again and I know many others who are the same way. There's really not another game on the market like ArcheAge which is why so many people love it I think.

What! Have you been spying on me Dimmizer? You just described me to a tee :p. Yes, I even name my chickens lol.

@xGraum It's ok, I'm not offended. I know there are a lot of people who just don't understand carebears and role players. We are a rather odd bunch o_O.

But I LOVE this game! I absolutely love it! When XL Games killed the official version, I went looking for something else to play that offered the same kind of PvE content that ArcheAge offered. But there's just nothing else like it.

ArcheAge is that rare and unique gem that appeals to both PvE and PvP players. But I know it's difficult for PvPers to understand. Cause our play styles are so, so different. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :rolleyes:.

Actually im a PvEr more than a PvPr... thats why I am confused lol. I play this game for the PvP but I have been playing FFXIV for a long while now. And back at the official NA launch I was in a guild called Dream Evil which was pretty roleplay centric (but also PvP) so I do know that part of the game too and will admit this game does offer a lot in that area too. But bosses and dungeons in this game are just zzzzzz unfortunately... really stale without any unique mechanics honestly outside the naval bosses maybe simply because they are naval.

What! Have you been spying on me Dimmizer? You just described me to a tee :p. Yes, I even name my chickens lol.

@xGraum It's ok, I'm not offended. I know there are a lot of people who just don't understand carebears and role players. We are a rather odd bunch o_O.

But I LOVE this game! I absolutely love it! When XL Games killed the official version, I went looking for something else to play that offered the same kind of PvE content that ArcheAge offered. But there's just nothing else like it.

ArcheAge is that rare and unique gem that appeals to both PvE and PvP players. But I know it's difficult for PvPers to understand. Cause our play styles are so, so different. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :rolleyes:.

Haha xD I'm just that good ;)

Back