What's new

all lands have been covered

Alan.hu

im a new play here since 2days before and lv53 already.
just want to know, is there any free land? if not, for this point, i just want to say, this server may be not friendly to new players
BTW, i know that most of u have landed and dont care this :(

Get in a guild with a traders and make some money and buy land. I bet I could start from scratch right now and have my 3 16's within a month. In another couple weeks the money I generate from the 16's would get me a thatched. So basically a 2 month grind to acquire all the land you need. Ever try to gear a toon up for raids in WoW? 2 months is nothing. It just requires effort.

im a new play here since 2days before and lv53 already.
just want to know, is there any free land? if not, for this point, i just want to say, this server may be not friendly to new players
BTW, i know that most of u have landed and dont care this :(

This is far from the truth, allot of us DO care, but please don't give up yet. The 4x labor, .5 grow times, and 4x xp make earning gold very very easy.
Use your 8x8, there is guaranteed land for it and to begin with that's really all you need, there is a temporary garden area in each starting zone that WILL have room (note it is 8x8 only), use it, put down mats for the basic packs, harvest and replant, you get a free farm cart and some eco fuel, or even the skateboard, use them to move the packs. With this labor regen once you get started you won't have to stop really unless you run out of mats, and with the reduced grow periods that should be minimized. Once you get the big freighter and such that's different, but for now you can go nuts.
Save your gold and enjoy the game, this weekend is guaranteed land opening up in auroria, and even if you don't get any of that, there is also going to be land going for cheap or even free from people who get land up there. As the age old argument goes, land is a commodity not a guarantee, so put a little effort in and you WILL get some. It might not be that prime piece of real estate everyone wants, but if everyone could get it would it still be the best? Find a guild and work your way up, meet people, start a family, grow. One of my family members started out with an 8x8, that's it no cash shop or anything. He did exactly this and now has 2 treehouses and 2 16x all near each other, he hasn't spent a dime in game.If you absolutely NEED something from the marketplace you can use the gold you earn to buy credits (they will go down in price when the donations can start again so don't worry) but it is not a necessity.

TL;DR The community does care and wants you if you want to work, what we all don't care about are people who want to just sit around and get everything with no effort, everything you need is here, just use it and you will get ahead.

New player friendly land system :D

Alan.hu:
You will have more chance to get land after 19th November. That will be castle and castle land rush time . We will have many new lands and some of the "older" players will change starting lands to castle zone lands. You "can" get 44x44 lands in luxury islands maybe... but that is 1000 gilda stars and many materials to build up.

Amúgy magyar vagy? ^^

This is far from the truth, allot of us DO care, but please don't give up yet. The 4x labor, .5 grow times, and 4x xp make earning gold very very easy.
Use your 8x8, there is guaranteed land for it and to begin with that's really all you need, there is a temporary garden area in each starting zone that WILL have room (note it is 8x8 only), use it, put down mats for the basic packs, harvest and replant, you get a free farm cart and some eco fuel, or even the skateboard, use them to move the packs. With this labor regen once you get started you won't have to stop really unless you run out of mats, and with the reduced grow periods that should be minimized. Once you get the big freighter and such that's different, but for now you can go nuts.
Save your gold and enjoy the game, this weekend is guaranteed land opening up in auroria, and even if you don't get any of that, there is also going to be land going for cheap or even free from people who get land up there. As the age old argument goes, land is a commodity not a guarantee, so put a little effort in and you WILL get some. It might not be that prime piece of real estate everyone wants, but if everyone could get it would it still be the best? Find a guild and work your way up, meet people, start a family, grow. One of my family members started out with an 8x8, that's it no cash shop or anything. He did exactly this and now has 2 treehouses and 2 16x all near each other, he hasn't spent a dime in game.If you absolutely NEED something from the marketplace you can use the gold you earn to buy credits (they will go down in price when the donations can start again so don't worry) but it is not a necessity.

TL;DR The community does care and wants you if you want to work, what we all don't care about are people who want to just sit around and get everything with no effort, everything you need is here, just use it and you will get ahead.

Good points, i would like to add, that you could focus making packs that require fruits, since there are many fruits in the wild, and you can place fruit trees in the wild as well ,and if it is not obvious place ,you might get to farm it for several days before it is cut down.

Utilise scateboard and cart you get from the chest, it lasts a month, i used scateboard myself, it is alot more fun to do packs with it than cart ,becouse eco-fuel is limited.

Good luck

New player friendly land system :D

Alan.hu:
You will have more chance to get land after 19th November. That will be castle and castle land rush time . We will have many new lands and some of the "older" players will change starting lands to castle zone lands. You "can" get 44x44 lands in luxury islands maybe... but that is 1000 gilda stars and many materials to build up.

Amúgy magyar vagy? ^^
that newb doesnt even have his cursor in the correct position and he clicks at the wrong time , fail

Thank all of you guys. That really helps me a lot. Have more confidence now.
But the more important thing is that i felt like in a fridendly community.
:)

I made my fortune from 2 8x8's and the public gardens + a single 16x

Now you wont find open land for anything above an 8x, but you too could own 7 lands like i do from what it yields. Land in Archeage is gone fast and bought faster. Get to it.

you have an 8x8? Look for an 8x8 expiring soon, if it's in a slot that could fit a 16 x 16 place your 8x8 and wait.

fin.

Ton of land should've expired recently and I believe more 16's and 24's going away soon in WSS. Go have a look.

Ton of land should've expired recently and I believe more 16's and 24's going away soon in WSS. Go have a look.

Unfortunatelly, at least on the west side , very few players are taking up all the demos and keeping prices of the land above 500g ,up to 3k

Getting tiring watching dozens if not hundreds of new players first ask why cant they farm untill lvl 52, than asking why is the land so expensive.

Than there is the problem with tax/labor ratio, and why temporary scarecrow zones werent released yet, or any new housing zones for that matter. And land barons are taking up entire regions of land, and i mean literally.

Those people who are holding like dozen of treehouses(and blocking even more), and those who are doing all the land demos, are as well stalking forums to troll anyone who says anything about land.

But i believe good and karma will prevail.
Once GMs are done with other issues like donations and anti hack shield ,which are way more important atm, they might interveene.

Hi,

Archeage is a game that is not, and never has been, friendly to new players.

You are already level 53, prolly 55 by now. Buy some basic Auroria gear for your class and start farming coin purses. It should cost no more than like 30-50g to fully gear into lvl 50+ items from the AH.

Do your merit quests, do CR/GR/Lib Raids/Luscas, Abyssal. Make packs with the gold you make and turn them in for more gold/resources. Process materials, illegally plant/farm, play the AH etc.

First you must acquire gold, and then you can buy land. There is still free land available, but new players/poors can not buy the designs needed to use it yet so it will remain open for a while.

There are at least 2 16x spots near where my land is that are certed for sale at sub 400g. It does not take much time to farm that much gold.

Nothing in life is free or without risk. Get to work.

Last edited:
Getting tiring watching dozens if not hundreds of new players first ask why cant they farm untill lvl 52, than asking why is the land so expensive.

Show screens of these supposed 100's of new ppl who are angry please. Or are you just making stuff up to try to prove a point again?

Those people who are holding like dozen of treehouses(and blocking even more), and those who are doing all the land demos, are as well stalking forums to troll anyone who says anything about land.
Also on that nope please show 1 person haveing LITERALLY DOZENS of treehouses please. Kthx

Yea if someone could afford even a dozen treehouses on their account and somehow be able to afford them i would give that person an award. Heck even 6 would cripple you to not being able to use half of it (assuming they aren't just holding onto it)

I mean, affording them is the easy part. But getting 12 in 1 area owned on 1 account. Gimme a break this guy is so full of shit on the forums

Back