What's new

Alternative Idea for Lucky S&M

TL;DR - Yes people will absolutely start smashing their celestial stuff and more divine+ then the server needs to have at this point will show up if more Luckies are introduced to the economy.

Who are you to determine how many high grade items the server "needs"? Yes obviously there will be more high grade items showing up, but those items will mostly be from players that are dedicated to the game and have been working hard to earn money and will be catching up to swipers that are already slamming their items up.

There isn't "many, many epics" if we're going be talking about stretches based on semantics unless you're saying hundreds of them showed up overnight from yesterday. There was one (?) Legendary Greatsword and a Divine Ayanad Nodachi (Bless February's soul), but otherwise the correct amount of divines/epics showed up from the amount of luckies the server generated via the regular loyalty generation.

Why are you using quotation marks when you're not actually quoting what I said? I never said there were many, many epics, I said people are "hitting divine/epic/legendary frequently" which is absolutely true. Also the amount of divines/epics on the server isn't the "correct amount" earned "via the regular loyalty generation" because with only one account per person there's far less loyalty here than there would be regularly.

Now everyone needs to wait until the next 100 Loyalty comes around or some whale decides to yolo things by regular scrolls if he's that dedicated. Luckies in general are an avenue for players to possibly leap through progression which is overall unhealthy for the server.

I'm not concerned with who they showed up on whether they are the giant swipers who bought all the lucky sunpoints for multiple attempts or the average people hitting lucky yolo regrades. Also said nothing about the issues of someone wanting to spend large amounts of money to be on top. Everyone knows there's no way around that.

It's simply just to slow things down. Things are already expedited with the increased rates on the server - why provide another outlet to assist in the increase in amount of people in divine buffs and epic+ weapons before the Auroria castles have even been claimed. The less number of luckies introduced equates to simply the less number of divine+ things showing up this early in the server. Regrade costs and other resources are putting a limit on things yes, but a player is more likely to make an attempt at it with that dream of a Great Success at a possible loss then they will be to try it with normal regrade scrolls. And the more attempts being made will lead to more of these items showing up.

That's great if you love early game and want to play around with everyone on a level playing field, but not everyone feels the same way. Having what most people would consider a large amount of resources at your disposal that you earned through hard work playing the game and still being gated from progress because of the atrociously low amount of lucky gems on the server isn't fun, it's annoying. Meanwhile credit card warriors are popping off with 1k higher gearscore than you because they don't care about scarcity when they can just swipe even more to make up for it. Makes for really fun times don't ya think?

You also talk about how "it's simply just to slow things down" and "things are already expedited" but that's not actually true. On a normal server you'd have less labor on one account than you do here but you could also be running 4 or 5 accounts very easily. The extra stuff you get on this server just balances out the fact that everyone only has one account.

Last edited:
Why just not put Lucky Moonpoints/Sunpoints in :

Merit Shop
Honor Shop

pouch drops would just make the game even more grindy x.x

Make Lucky Sun and Moon points drop from either Serpentis bosses, or/and grand library purses/Grand monarch purses and also maybe even regrade braziers. You don't need to put them behind the cash shop to add some into the economy.

Hey cool, I've been saying this and posting it for a couple weeks now ...

Who are you to determine how many high grade items the server "needs"? Yes obviously there will be more high grade items showing up, but those items will mostly be from players that are dedicated to the game and have been working hard to earn money and will be catching up to swipers that are already slamming their items up.

To be honest, who is anyone to determine what the server needs at all? This comment is moot. You want everyone end-game faster. I want everyone end-game slower. But which of those realistically are going to cause the larger amount of players to quit sooner? We're both going to say opposite obviously.

Why are you using quotation marks when you're not actually quoting what I said? I never said there were many, many epics, I said people are "hitting divine/epic/legendary frequently" which is absolutely true. Also the amount of divines/epics on the server isn't the "correct amount" earned "via the regular loyalty generation" because with only one account per person there's far less loyalty here than there would be regularly.

You legit said "There's also many, many epics and even a legendary weapon if you look around." :shrug:

And yes it is exactly the correct amount because this game was made to be based off a single account per person atmosphere and you can't say otherwise or why else would the concept of labor even exist (besides to be abused by publishers as a means to provide more incentive to pay real money to bypass it.)

That's great if you love early game and want to play around with everyone on a level playing field, but not everyone feels the same way. Having what most people would consider a large amount of resources at your disposal that you earned through hard work playing the game and still being gated from progress because of the atrociously low amount of lucky gems on the server isn't fun, it's annoying. Meanwhile credit card warriors are popping off with 1k higher gearscore than you because they don't care about scarcity when they can just swipe even more to make up for it. Makes for really fun times don't ya think?

You also talk about how "it's simply just to slow things down" and "things are already expedited" but that's not actually true. On a normal server you'd have less labor on one account than you do here but you could also be running 4 or 5 accounts very easily. The extra stuff you get on this server just balances out the fact that everyone only has one account.

We already agreed that the credit card warriors are always going to be popping off with a higher gearscore then you. Obsidians? Talking about a whale compared to the majority of the rest of the server really just has no basis in this argument. They CAN and WILL get what they want regardless - they will ALWAYS be better than you. What difference does it make when its Divine Ayanad compared to some Celestial T4 Obsidians or when it becomes Legendary Ayanad/T7's Vs some Divine T5?

So sure, there's a handful of people that are walking around with a few pieces of god gear compared to everyone, but its a small minority.
Unless there was a way to allow a majority of the players catch up to them within a reasonable means, there's no reason to inject more of those items into the economy then the current flow of them. It's the same concept with DGS gold and the Perdita that was accurately nerfed because it accelerated the economy too quickly - so given the idea was approved I'd say that yea sure while you and a few others are calling out to for gear and inflation to be accelerated to the levels of a veteran server immediately - a majority of others do not.

At best - if they were introduced in another means, I think the ideas of having them as rare drops in braziers is probably the most acceptable though if a happy medium had to be reached. Make them as rare as a Thunderstruck Tree or something maybe. The idea of having them in the Marketplace is absurd to anyone that thinks it's a good idea.

First off you just straight up ignored one of my most important points, and that's the fact that a large amount of players who have been working hard within the boundaries of the game are currently stuck in their progress, not because they haven't put in what most would consider an acceptable amount of work, but because of the ridiculous price of luckies. The current situation is annoying, end of story.

And yes it is exactly the correct amount because this game was made to be based off a single account per person atmosphere and you can't say otherwise or why else would the concept of labor even exist (besides to be abused by publishers as a means to provide more incentive to pay real money to bypass it.)

Wrong. People call it "AltAge" for a reason. Even if you somehow think this game wasn't made to support multiple accounts (despite the fact that there's quick logins for multiple accounts available on the regular launcher) then that doesn't change the fact that every serious player used them and that created a lot more loyalty than is available here. Labor is a core part of the game and whether or not it's a way for the publisher to make more money is irrelevant.

We already agreed that the credit card warriors are always going to be popping off with a higher gearscore then you. Obsidians? Talking about a whale compared to the majority of the rest of the server really just has no basis in this argument. They CAN and WILL get what they want regardless - they will ALWAYS be better than you. What difference does it make when its Divine Ayanad compared to some Celestial T4 Obsidians or when it becomes Legendary Ayanad/T7's Vs some Divine T5?

Do you think legendary ayanad/t7 items are trinkets any swiper can pick up off the side of the road? Do you honestly believe that as soon as luckies are more readily available that people will all have divines and swipers will have legendaries? That isn't how it works buddy. Regrades aren't linear they're exponential. If right now heavy swipers have divine or epic and regular players have unique or celestial then after luckies are halved in price regular players will have celestial or divine and swipers will still mostly have divine or epic.

So sure, there's a handful of people that are walking around with a few pieces of god gear compared to everyone, but its a small minority.
Unless there was a way to allow a majority of the players catch up to them within a reasonable means, there's no reason to inject more of those items into the economy then the current flow of them.

I'm going to bold this because somehow you have yet to understand despite the fact that it's the focal point of all of this: The way to allow a majority of players to catch up to them (swipers) within reasonable means is to make luckies more readily available

It's the same concept with DGS gold and the Perdita that was accurately nerfed because it accelerated the economy too quickly - so given the idea was approved I'd say that yea sure while you and a few others are calling out to for gear and inflation to be accelerated to the levels of a veteran server immediately - a majority of others do not.

That's actually entirely wrong. The reason Perditas were nerfed is because teleport hackers were the ones that got at least 95% of them so it was essentially free money to rule breakers. The reason DGS was nerfed is because pre-nerf DGS gold allows a guild to rush control of them early and snowball out of control, making "winning" the server easier. This isn't my opinion, these are the exact arguments that were brought forth to the Archerage team that got them nerfed. Neither instance has anything to do whatsoever with economic inflation.

At best - if they were introduced in another means, I think the ideas of having them as rare drops in braziers is probably the most acceptable though if a happy medium had to be reached. Make them as rare as a Thunderstruck Tree or something maybe. The idea of having them in the Marketplace is absurd to anyone that thinks it's a good idea.

I think that having them added as a rare drop is a nice idea, but there's several problems with what you just suggested:
1. Regrade braziers are already GREAT money and contested as hell. There's no need to add anything extra to them. If anything do it to archeum trees.
2. The scarcity is an immediate problem. Before castles come out (and it'll probably be awhile) it won't make much of a difference even if they are added to braziers/trees.
3. As I said before there has to be a reason for people to swipe. It's a necessary evil.

RNG boxes are, whether you like it or not, one of the better ways to implement a higher supply of luckies into the game as well as one of the easiest to actually add to the game and balance via drop rate, all while helping pay to keep the server running longer.

Last edited:
Back