What's new

Another suggestion post 3.0

jrch2k10

Sparkle, I did notice one issue with certain items that share the fact they can be bought with either gold or credits got very unbalanced or disproportionate in value.

First, I'm well aware this prices are the same they are at official servers but the problem arise on the differences between how you guys handle credits and Trino handles credits.

What I mean is Gold/Prices at Trino pretty much reflect some equivalency between APEX gold prices(may differ from AH/region) and the item gold prices on NPCs, so it is pretty much the same to buy it with either but here in archerage credits are a lot cheaper hence NPC gold prices are extremely expensive in proportion to credits.

For example:
(calculated at 220g 100 creds)
Specialization Snowflakes: 200g - 60 credits but buying 60 credits is +/- 132g <--- see the problem

Management Titles: 150g + 50 taxes or 30 credits but buying 30 credits +/- 66g <--- see the problem

If you guys could consider sincere the NPC gold prices for this common mundane items will be a lot of help since it will reduce artificial pressure on credits for mundane items(an probably drop the credits prices a bit as a side effect) and release those wasted credit to those that actually need it.

I repeat, Im not asking to get cash shop items for gold, only to sincere the gold prices of affected items(items available at NPC and cash shop) to our current AH credit prices. I believe 1500/1600g per 1000 credits is a good point for balance but I'll leave it up to you

TYVM for your time

You do realize that credits prices are extremely volatile and almost impossible to predict right? About 3 weeks ago, credits were 2400-2800 / 1k and now they're at about 1600-2000 / 1k credits.

For example:
(Calculated 300g 100 creds at that time)
Specialization Snowflakes: 200g - 60 credits but buying 60 credits is +/- 180g

Management Titles: 150g + 50 taxes or 30 credits but buying 30 credits +/- 90g

I'm not saying the In-Game options of purchasing snowflakes and management titles are not completely off, but I think it is fair for them to price it like this. If you want to purchase them cheaper, then buy credits off of people. This makes credits more in demand, you get it cheaper than general merchant prices/in-game options, means people will buy more credits to keep the server up.

What benefit would it create to make the In-Game options of buying these items if the credits option is so easily available via AH purchase?

You do realize that credits prices are extremely volatile and almost impossible to predict right? About 3 weeks ago, credits were 2400-2800 / 1k and now they're at about 1600-2000 / 1k credits.

For example:
(Calculated 300g 100 creds at that time)
Specialization Snowflakes: 200g - 60 credits but buying 60 credits is +/- 180g

Management Titles: 150g + 50 taxes or 30 credits but buying 30 credits +/- 90g

I'm not saying the In-Game options of purchasing snowflakes and management titles are not completely off, but I think it is fair for them to price it like this. If you want to purchase them cheaper, then buy credits off of people. This makes credits more in demand, you get it cheaper than general merchant prices/in-game options, means people will buy more credits to keep the server up.

What benefit would it create to make the In-Game options of buying these items if the credits option is so easily available via AH purchase?

True but I didn't say keep them up to date just sincere them a bit and in my appreciation 1600g is a good average between 2.9 and 3.0, remember 3.0 got hit at lunch by several bans hence credits and many other item mooned outside the norm.

The benefit is about reducing pressure on credits, it make no sense for someone wanting lets say, get 1 abyssal to get credits to get 1 item because of the difference ratio also it help to alleviate those P2W accusations because sincerely the difference is big enough that make it seem like they are forcing you to buy credits when is a legitimate mistake of bringing official prices here.

Also it will not affect them financially because this item may be 5% or less of their total credit sales and their are very sporadicly need, their true cash flow come from getting RNG boxes, costumes and upgrade tickets and that should be the real credit use.

The original game intention of having those items on both sides was to give you choice, hey if you have extra credits and wanna save gold get it on cash shop and vice versa but when the difference is big enough it become a problem and feels more like too bad get credits or overpay

I think you're taking the approach too personal / at the other person's who bought the credits gain. I'm take the approach that overall it provides another avenue for demand for credits which means more money for the developers who give us this wonderful modified version of Archeage for free. I see you're argument and I understand why you are having this concern, but the gain or benefit from changing this to adjust to a price that compares to credits when credit prices are unpredictable seems rather unnecessary to me.

Just my thoughts :).

I think you're taking the approach too personal / at the other person's who bought the credits gain. I'm take the approach that overall it provides another avenue for demand for credits which means more money for the developers who give us this wonderful modified version of Archeage for free. I see you're argument and I understand why you are having this concern, but the gain or benefit from changing this to adjust to a price that compares to credits when credit prices are unpredictable seems rather unnecessary to me.

Just my thoughts :).

Don't get me wrong I love this server and in no way I intend to reduce their profit and kill the server, that out of the way as I said this credits aren't that often or much so I do sincerely doubt it will make a dent in the server financial health because again the big boy sales come from RNG boxes and costumes.

Also I have enough mats and gold that actually don't affect personally but I do find it bad for the server reputation because most new players don't make the connections that we old players do(actually this observation was made by a newbie and once I did the math without the context of the issue, it did look bad) and realize this was a simple mistake brought from the official servers.

about prices stability is not an issue because the staff have enough data over time to reach a sensible average, for this calculation you never use spikes(high or low) but over time average, so this is not an issue because again I'm not asking to keep it daily synchronized just closer to average.

again the benefit is purely aesthetic for the server image because for new players look like the staff is overpricing items very mundane at that to force you to buy credits when in reality is not like that but they don't have the context or a way to know this staff is way better than trino in that sense and it a simple overlook from the official data.

Back