What's new

Anti-Cheat Didn't stop Hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeglmao

https://streamable.com/sj0z8

As seen, there are still people hacking openly. This wasn't the only person I saw in just the past 2 hours. It looks as if they aren't able to move as fast as they used to but they can still use no-clip and move quite fast for having packs on their back.

just wait for sunday castle release and see everyone crying about hackers getting land first etc. will be hilarious

more than likely people use different ways to speedhack or clip or tp or whatever you wanna call it. just like whats going on with the FOV mod thing rn.. multiple versions of the files havent been brought to the anti cheat system. so until all the cheats bugs what have yah get figured out and added to the anti cheat we all are going to have to keep doing our duties to make this server great.

This guy "becodiagonal" in the same guy with "Diegofranssa" they both plant shit under rocks
eafd9750b04f65eb7aa6b7e2f5ce8c50.jpg

One more hacker to ban:
Tatuzaum
same guild doing same dirty stuff

Last edited:
There's people getting banned for using Mods authorized by the GMs, including ones that only change audio files and people who didn't do anything and still got flagged. At the same time, you have the same old cheaters using bots and speed hacks still playing. Sounds wonderfull. I'm totally playing this.
I didn't got banned but playing in the server where the cheaters keep abusing of bots and hacks since the server open and random players are being banned for stupid reasons ...

Let's not conflate issues here.

1)The new anti-cheat has issues reporting false positives. Those need to be dealt with quickly before it gets out of hand.
2)It's a new anti-cheat program, it's bound to have some issues at first.
3)There has been less hackers now that there visibly is a maximum cap on speed, but hacking is still prevalent and hackers need to be caught faster. More importantly, blatant hackers (people flying, being underground, etc.) need to be caught AND banned MUCH faster, as there is the real possibility that they are making tons of gold and sending that gold back to more "legit" accounts.

Given that the Administration currently doesn't have the manpower to ban around the clock, it definitely doesn't have the manpower to handle more thorough investigations. That is the real issue, here. The Admins need to find more people they can trust - be they third party employees or else - to deal with ban reports much more diligently. This 48 hour stuff absolutely and definitely does not work.

Let's not conflate issues here.

1)The new anti-cheat has issues reporting false positives. Those need to be dealt with quickly before it gets out of hand.
2)It's a new anti-cheat program, it's bound to have some issues at first.
3)There has been less hackers now that there visibly is a maximum cap on speed, but hacking is still prevalent and hackers need to be caught faster. More importantly, blatant hackers (people flying, being underground, etc.) need to be caught AND banned MUCH faster, as there is the real possibility that they are making tons of gold and sending that gold back to more "legit" accounts.

Given that the Administration currently doesn't have the manpower to ban around the clock, it definitely doesn't have the manpower to handle more thorough investigations. That is the real issue, here. The Admins need to find more people they can trust - be they third party employees or else - to deal with ban reports much more diligently. This 48 hour stuff absolutely and definitely does not work.

Well, can't agree with all the information you provided.

1) All the issued were fixed and this information was provided to public in the following thread: https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/ban-info.2521/ There are no any "false positives" anymore. All the bans are reasonable and this was already proved in the same thread. Please avoid spreading false gossips.

2) The only issue was resolved. If you have the example of false (for sure false) ban, please provide this information. But first, can tell you that people will do anythinbg for unban and the seldom person will indeed admit he/she was cheating.

3) Hackers will always be present. We can just reduce their amount as much as it's in our powers, but cheating will still take place. We added information on all known cheats to the updated system, but if you can provide some additional information regarding cheats and hacks used, we'll gladly add it as well. Such information would really help.

Please remember we are still humans and can't be on 24/7. Immediate bans after they are reported is an Utopia, but 48 hours is a good timeframe.

The only issue was resolved. If you have the example of false (for sure false) ban, please provide this information
I have a friend that is on vacation that was playing and got disconnected a couple times and he was trying to log back in and got an original message of "Suspected Identity Theft" and the account was temporarily blocked, now every time he tries to get in it comes up with a different reason each time. So if have bad net and am trying to reconnect a few times is not false then I must be mistaken? Was just curious because this doesn't seem fair to not be able to play due to having bad net. He has submitted a ticket but I still believe this is a illegitimate ban.

1) All the issued were fixed and this information was provided to public in the following thread: https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/ban-info.2521/ There are no any "false positives" anymore. All the bans are reasonable and this was already proved in the same thread. Please avoid spreading false gossips.

2) The only issue was resolved. If you have the example of false (for sure false) ban, please provide this information. But first, can tell you that people will do anythinbg for unban and the seldom person will indeed admit he/she was cheating.

3) Hackers will always be present. We can just reduce their amount as much as it's in our powers, but cheating will still take place. We added information on all known cheats to the updated system, but if you can provide some additional information regarding cheats and hacks used, we'll gladly add it as well. Such information would really help.

Please remember we are still humans and can't be on 24/7. Immediate bans after they are reported is an Utopia, but 48 hours is a good timeframe.

Well you wrongfully banned Zin so..... with NO response

I was banned this morning and I am still banned. I know you guys cant respond to every appeal instantly but i know that i haven't cheated or done anything to warrant being banned. I genuinely want to know what my ban was for. I understand complaining is not going to change the situation but its hard to stay quiet when I don't know what i'm being accused of doing wrong. Especially since I've been playing since the launch of the server and have put a lot of time playing. This whole situation is super frustrating even more so with castles being about 48 hours away.

Hello Sparkle,

I'm not spreading false gossip; I'm merely of the opinion that the prevalence of people getting banned because of the use of "FoV Mod" or a modified version of it is a bit high. A lot of those people are people I know, people I wouldn't begin to suspect using hacks. If they're using some modified audio file to go through walls, they've never done it in front of people - of anybody, really - which begs the question: why? Or rather: are we sure?

I'm prudently of the opinion that there is currently a string of false positives still happening, as others have been hit since this morning's initial wave that yall have cleared.

As far as hackers go, we will have to agree to disagree. Giving free rein for 48 hours to ill-intentioned people to hack and abuse before they are dealt with is a recipe of disaster. Hackers will funnel gold. They'll funnel sunpoints, moonpoints and gilda star designs to others. People whose living depends on that have more than enough time, in 48 hours, to get tons of gold, sell the gold and then just get banned after they have made a lot of RL cash AND fucked up the economy in the process. Not only that but they're doing that at the expense of legit players who have to compete with them - an impossible and frustrating task.

And we're lucky, at this point, that we don't simply have spiteful hackers: I had one follow me while speed hacking the other day. For two hours. Constantly putting me in combat while flying.

If your solution for that kind of problems is to issue a ban every 48 hours, leaving the guy free to make a new account and repeat his pattern, it's just not a solution that will work. No one is asking for a perfect environment, but your server is the biggest ArcheAge server of North America and EU. Either your bosses need to take that fact into account and hire more people to help you cover all timezones with an active presence or they will face losing a part of the playerbase.

false gossip? i've been playing with Lol, who you banned for "sound_options.abl", every day since the server launched. dude is barely geared and poor as fuck. tell me how he was cheating. i've never seen Lol cheat ever and i see him from the time he logs on until the time he logs off. he even donated like $100 to the server. why would he donate if he was cheating? please explain that one.

just admit that your anti-cheat is still fucked up. stop just immediately telling people that they were banned for a legitimate reason. you're just being stubborn about this whole situation. it's not gossip.

I feel like its irresponsible to assume that your anti cheat is 100% perfect. Nothing is perfect. Saying no false positives are occurring just seems ignorant.

There might be a few hackers among the players making appeals, and posting threads on general, seen them make arguments and once admins respond with reason of their ban in public, they reveal their intentions.

For everyone else indeed having to wait this time frame untill you can play again, please be patient ,it is known that castle content is soon ,and by that time many of the issues should be resolved.

@Turtlezcat ---> sounds like your friend was caught by our system on improper actions. In that case the player receives the warning and game would shut. Your friend tried again, but then he was banned. Reason of ban in-game can be displayed incorrectly, so please advise your friend to post a thread in the proper section or check for the reason in his Account Panel.

@elezra ---> Zin was banned just today so he'll receive the reply in his turn.

@Bertforums ---> please post your request in the proper section and make sure to mention your character name so ban reason could be checked and provided to you.

I donated $20 after donation came back up to make my farm freighter. I got banned while doing trade runs. DC twice in a row because network issues. Thats a good anti cheat.;)

Sparkle i already have posted in the ban appeal section with all the information that would be needed like account name and character name. Im just expressing my concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back