What's new

Anything 3.5 related

What's the possibility of our player base to reach Eternal on Obsidian gear vs Eternal Erenor? I haven't touched anything related to Erenor discussion because I don't have the experience to talk about it, but I would like to know of the player base that we have right now what % would be able to reach Eternal/Mythic gear in regards of Obsidian vs Erenor?

Is Erenor Mythic easier to get than Obsidian Mythic? Are T7 stats broken vs Erenor with the changes?
youll 100% see more mythic t7's than mythic erenors, as for eternal thats a toss up. Even on retail it took people over a year for there to be like 10 of those/

What's the possibility of our player base to reach Eternal on Obsidian gear vs Eternal Erenor? I haven't touched anything related to Erenor discussion because I don't have the experience to talk about it, but I would like to know of the player base that we have right now what % would be able to reach Eternal/Mythic gear in regards of Obsidian vs Erenor?

Is Erenor Mythic easier to get than Obsidian Mythic? Are T7 stats broken vs Erenor with the changes?

You would need around 6 legendary ayanads to get mythic erenor and for eternal you would need 8 mythic ayanads. So ya 0% of the playerbase would be able to achieve that.

You would have to feed in a half dozen+ legendary ayanads to even go from legendary to mythic. And youd have to also feed in delphs and Ephs legendary first of all to get the exp closest as you can to 99% without going over to maximize overflow into next grade. And before that youd have to feed in four epic ayanads, and before that 4 divine ayanads, and before that like probably close to 100k worth of fodder, and then to even make the erenor in the first place it's a LOT of expensive materials. It is a long process and everything after celestial erenor requires RNG with regrading, so you'll be breaking celestial/divine/epic weapons HOPING to be able to progress your erenor further if RNG is good to you. And this is WITH the exp nerf, so try to quantify that gold.

Meanwhile, in current patch mythic obs weapons have sold at t5/t6 for 300-400k and then upping to t7 is just farming those mats (even gets cheaper in 3.5!)

Now you tell me which is easier to get. There is a reason obsidian is discontinued on live.

(Sorry for those that don't understand this reference, but I know Kitaro should) This change would the equivalent of releasing Vesper gear with stats equivalent to Dynasty, while top dogs are running around in Moirai. Why would you farm MoS and Gracia to farm for Vesper gear if its release stats are going to be equivalent-or-worse-than gear someone who just brainlessly farmed Beast Farm? If a player puts forth the effort and dedication towards their Erenor gear, they shouldn't be rewarded with a heavy-handed nerf that would cause a disparity like that on L2, should they?

This game isn't as linear as some people think, you can at least have some variable stats on your erenor. I'm certainly not saying Erenor crafters shouldn't be rewarded for their time/monopoly but at the same time it shouldn't simply be stats that trounce the competition without Erenor.

Sparkle has already mentioned in regards to looking into updating jewels to be suitable, maybe there can be additions to Erernor, weapons in particular, to give more added bonuses in synethesis to compliment certain builds/template choices, but not simple stat/damage increasers.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game isn't as linear as some people think, you can at least have some variable stats on your erenor. I'm certainly not saying Erenor crafters shouldn't be rewarded for their time/monopoly but at the same time it shouldn't simply be stats that trounce the competition without Erenor.

Sparkle has already mentioned in regards to looking into updating jewels to be suitable, maybe there can be additions to Erernor, weapons in particular, to give more added bonuses in synethesis to compliment certain builds/template choices, but not simple stat/damage increasers.
There's a single meaningful variable stat on Erenor, the first two are just making up for the the stats lost in converting from ayanad to erenor, the third stat is either a SMALL crit rate / cast time / attack speed on weapons. It pales in comparison to T7 with this nerf, even @Sparkle 's picture of the Erenor greatsword vs Obsidian t7 greatsword shows that.

There is absolutely no reason to even do erenor weapons because of this nerf.

You would have to feed in a half dozen+ legendary ayanads to even go from legendary to mythic. And youd have to also feed in delphs and Ephs legendary first of all to get the exp closest as you can to 99% without going over to maximize overflow into next grade. And before that youd have to feed in four epic ayanads, and before that 4 divine ayanads, and before that like probably close to 100k worth of fodder, and then to even make the erenor in the first place it's a LOT of expensive materials. It is a long process and everything after celestial erenor requires RNG with regrading, so you'll be breaking celestial/divine/epic weapons HOPING to be able to progress your erenor further if RNG is good to you. And this is WITH the exp nerf, so try to quantify that gold.

Meanwhile, in current patch mythic obs weapons have sold at t5/t6 for 300-400k and then upping to t7 is just farming those mats (even gets cheaper in 3.5!)

Now you tell me which is easier to get. There is a reason obsidian is discontinued on live.

By your reasoning Obsidian T7 Legendary and beyond seem easier to get; craft and regrade.
It all bows down to how much you play and invest (time, effort, money) in the game + the RNG, and considering the regrade changes of 3.5 would be even easier maybe.

Is Erenor such a game breaker addition to the server that deserved a nerf? Considering that this Server and Live are not very similar.
Erenor sounds like a damn grind too high not to be rewarding enough stat wise. I think the Devs are trying to reach a middle ground, but until it's tested with our real player base we won't reach a common ground.

bump

a248f04c4c5ed66d37b9de4e2949f6f1.png

I've been told Aura explosion is the damage applied on the trip at 30 stacks.
Will the new gems only boost the damage of that explosion, or will they at the same time increase feral mark duration the way our current gems do ?

By your reasoning Obsidian T7 Legendary and beyond seem easier to get; craft and regrade.
It all bows down to how much you play and invest (time, effort, money) in the game + the RNG, and considering the regrade changes of 3.5 would be even easier maybe.

Is Erenor such a game breaker addition to the server that deserved a nerf? Considering that this Server and Live are not very similar.
Erenor sounds like a damn grind too high not to be rewarding enough stat wise. I think the Devs are trying to reach a middle ground, but until it's tested with our real player base we won't reach a common ground.
It's not even a matter of testing, we've been talking flat numbers, passives, and logic with this. Anyone who even works towards Erenor in this patch is an absolute fool because it's so close to or worse than obsidian t7 of the same grade for several times the effort; t7 is even easier to obtain in the next patch because of the mana wisp changes.

Both @Sparkle, and the RU team if you go look at the thread Soren locked on the RU forums about Erenor, have consistently shown a complete lack of understanding of Erenor. They've completely killed an entire subset of weapons and armor because of this and they refuse to listen to actual reason and numbers. Even their own screenshot shows how BADLY they've gutted Erenor. Theres no reason to even add them to the game with this nerf.

jesus how long are you going to say the same things over and over again, give it a break.
If people werent persistent about having bad changes fixed we would still be on 4.5 infamy, have guilds losing exp in the future, etc. Your post brings nothing to the table and is uncalled for, I won't drop the topic of Erenor till I'm either banned from the forum/game or until its changed or fixed to actually be worth the time and effort instead of being effectively equivalent to or worse than obsidian t7.

Suggestion: Add custom Rampage C200 & B200 designs to the server to make them go through the crafted system the S200 does, since they're only colors and no stat/ability/functionality differences. Let us have our choice of colors from crafting, even if the C200 & B200 designs are utilizing another currency instead of 1500 gilda (10-15k credits for the design itself even is ok, just don't bypass the crafting process for the rest of it, and please don't make early adopters forced to get a S200 or wait for you guys to end up making the B200/C200 kits involving the market place :/ ) I want the C200, but I like crafting a car and I'm worried that we'll have to wait forever and it'll be a full kit that drops like candy from RNG boxes.

bump

a248f04c4c5ed66d37b9de4e2949f6f1.png

I've been told Aura explosion is the damage applied on the trip at 30 stacks.
Will the new gems only boost the damage of that explosion, or will they at the same time increase feral mark duration the way our current gems do ?
Federal Mark Duration will transform to Aura Explosion.
Aura Explosion is the end effect of Feral Mark reaching its maximum number of stacks (30) on a target.
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/buff/11224/
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/buff/11230/

Suggestion: Add custom Rampage C200 & B200 designs to the server to make them go through the crafted system the S200 does, since they're only colors and no stat/ability/functionality differences. Let us have our choice of colors from crafting, even if the C200 & B200 designs are utilizing another currency instead of 1500 gilda (10-15k credits for the design itself even is ok, just don't bypass the crafting process for the rest of it, and please don't make early adopters forced to get a S200 or wait for you guys to end up making the B200/C200 kits involving the market place :/ ) I want the C200, but I like crafting a car and I'm worried that we'll have to wait forever and it'll be a full kit that drops like candy from RNG boxes.
Currenty we are adding S200 that you can get from Mirage for 1500 Gilda Stars. Not all at once.
But we don't plan to add full kit Rampage to the boxes.

Last edited:
Currenty we are adding S200 that you can get from Mirage for 1500 Gilda Stars. Not all at once.
But we don't plan to add full kit Rampage to the boxes.

That's good to hear about no full kits. However, that said, does that mean the C200 & B200 will be designs later? Do you think we could possibly switch colors between C200/B200/S200 later on if we obtained the S200 first from crafting/1500 gilda recipe? I know in 5.0, they all become Chroma's and become dyeable, but that would be a long time for us, so would be nice if us early S200 crafters could swap to C200 & B200 later on since it's just a color difference :)

@Sparkle, Velorra made this request awhile back and I wanted to bring it back up. 2.9 or 3.0 removed the Bounty quests from the Library to deter bots from making "easy" gold, but the 10th Bounty quest item of each of the 4 quest lines gave an Archmage Manastone, which was needed for the Library Earring quest. They put each of those 4 Manastones behind a 500 Gilda Star wall instead. Would there be some way you can bring back these Bounty quests in some fashion (without the gold, of course) so that the players can earn those Manastones the way they were originally intended to be earned?

@Sparkle, Velorra made this request awhile back and I wanted to bring it back up. 2.9 or 3.0 removed the Bounty quests from the Library to deter bots from making "easy" gold, but the 10th Bounty quest item of each of the 4 quest lines gave an Archmage Manastone, which was needed for the Library Earring quest. They put each of those 4 Manastones behind a 500 Gilda Star wall instead. Would there be some way you can bring back these Bounty quests in some fashion (without the gold, of course) so that the players can earn those Manastones the way they were originally intended to be earned?

As it's a general suggestion, not related to 3.5 update, please submit it to the Suggestions thread. In that case it wil not be lost. We'll look into it after 3.5 release.

Will we not be able to upgrade the Timber Coupe into the Rampage S200?
That's good to hear about no full kits. However, that said, does that mean the C200 & B200 will be designs later? Do you think we could possibly switch colors between C200/B200/S200 later on if we obtained the S200 first from crafting/1500 gilda recipe? I know in 5.0, they all become Chroma's and become dyeable, but that would be a long time for us, so would be nice if us early S200 crafters could swap to C200 & B200 later on since it's just a color difference :)

Added the possibility to upgrade Nova Speedster, Apex Drift and Redwood Roadster to B200 and S200.
So, S200 can be crafted from the very beginning and B200 can be obtained from the upgrade only. C200 is currently not added to the game at all.

Added the possibility to upgrade Nova Speedster, Apex Drift and Redwood Roadster to B200 and S200.
So, S200 can be crafted from the very beginning and B200 can be obtained from the upgrade only. C200 is currently not added to the game at all.
Wow, that's interesting. I wouldn't want to lose my Redwood though, I was going to craft a 2nd. But what it sounds like, if I want a B200 instead of C200 since that's ???? up in the air at this point despite being my favorite, that I should upgrade my original Redwood to B200 whatever it costs, then craft a new Timber/Redwood. I wasn't expecting 'upgrades'/conversions from the other cars. I find the Redwood has an easier time with mountains than Rampage series, but my family could make use of having a Rampage as well for our flat land runs :)

eagerly hopes c200 pops up as an option somehow for 3.5 launch

Back