What's new

Anything 3.5 related

@Sparkle I just want to understand the reasoning behind nerfing erenor by 10%, instead of locking the gear to epic max? The lock not only achieves the exact same thing you have implemented, by not having erenor be stronger than mythic t7, but also keeps the price of making one not a crazy expenditure.

Is it just not possible (from a coding perspective) to keep the weapon from progessing past the epic tier?

@Sparkle I just want to understand the reasoning behind nerfing erenor by 10%, instead of locking the gear to epic max? The lock not only achieves the exact same thing you have implemented, by not having erenor be stronger than mythic t7, but also keeps the price of making one not a crazy expenditure.

Is it just not possible (from a coding perspective) to keep the weapon from progessing past the epic tier?
Yes i think that this is much better than nerfing i have to agree with that , it is kiling the purpouse of erenor or maibe u can nerf now with -10% and maibe later on remove the nerff. I reali love u guys from Archerage team and i also think that u all know what is best for us and good but that neff is idk is harsh.

I can´t understand why should nerf jewellry 10%. This isn´t a gamebreaking element (i highly appreciate to not nerfet at all jewellry) but i can understand nerfing the rest of the gear.
I just want to point out that bow shouldnt be nerfed, if u see the third stat that we can get from bow and the 10% nerf, it makes erenor bow far worse than t7 for archers (on any grade).

I can´t understand why should nerf jewellry 10%. This isn´t a gamebreaking element (i highly appreciate to not nerfet at all jewellry) but i can understand nerfing the rest of the gear.
I just want to point out that bow shouldnt be nerfed, if u see the third stat that we can get from bow and the 10% nerf, it makes erenor bow far worse than t7 for archers (on any grade).
Same thing applies to melee for t7 nodachi and t7 greatsword. It applies to archers for t7 daggers/shortspear. It applies to healers for t7 club. The only class I can think of that will make possibly make erenor even with the change is mages. And that’s a big maybe

No you won't be able to interchange them. The s200 is the only one possibe to get with 3.5s release. The other 2 will come later into the life of 3.5
can u make 1 upgrade more on top of redwood roadster that makes it possible to carry 5 packs i would prefere the
coupe craft line over this " whatever 200" + they are 2 different vehicles coupe type its kind of solo player maybe 1 passanger for protection
and the b200 its kind of a guild vehicle

plant 1 or 2 pine experia every day, and you can easily keep your level with 5-10 people. no need to do the quests :p

Or do sunflower experias if you cheap :p:p and/or got the land

Doesn't take long to grow and if you planting 4 at a time that's only one 16s farm basically... for only 3 hours or something

yeah but it's ridiculous that you should be paying to keep your guild level.

I don't think it's "ridiculous" to have to pay to keep your guild level, especially as in the rankings now there are many higher up guilds that used to have names for themselves... and they have totally fallen off the face of the game xD
And in reality if a guild was properly active then the XP would passively generate itself from ppl doing the Qs anyways for the cash money prestige... Have you seen Misagon's Crystal price lately, heh

Really, paying for your guild is not too different from paying TAX CERTIFICATE for your PROPERTIES :D It just something you have to do all the time.

Or do sunflower experias if you cheap :p:p and/or got the land

Doesn't take long to grow and if you planting 4 at a time that's only one 16s farm basically... for only 3 hours or something

I don't think it's "ridiculous" to have to pay to keep your guild level, especially as in the rankings now there are many higher up guilds that used to have names for themselves... and they have totally fallen off the face of the game xD
And in reality if a guild was properly active then the XP would passively generate itself from ppl doing the Qs anyways for the cash money prestige... Have you seen Misagon's Crystal price lately, heh

Really, paying for your guild is not too different from paying TAX CERTIFICATE for your PROPERTIES :D It just something you have to do all the time.

The problem I see is that certain guilds have members who have lives and earned their level 6/7 guild before this change was put into place, and are now about to be punished for having lives in the first place. I understand the sentiment behind them wanting to remove alt guilds, but this punishes high level guilds that don't have infinite amounts of time to play the game since it isn't the summer or winter anymore.

We'll add KrFont as well but will need to make it optional as not everybody may want to use it. That may take some time with us, so most likely we'll not it at 3.5 release but a few weeks later.
Please, KR font dont work very well with utf-8 languages...

I'm pretty overwhelmed by all the information as I was still boggled down by learning everything 3.0 had to offer.. but I do have one simple inquiry.

Was there any discussion about fishing in its current state? I believe that fishing as a form of income is lagging behind other methods and should be something that feels rewarding and not like it's a waste of time. While Fishing at sea and turning in fish is at a fixed rate, the value of other items constantly rises due to inflation. So, the more time passes the less point there is to fish. For example, if I spend 2 hours out at sea, risking my life and boat and fish for a 130g haul in.. and I spend 2 hours farming crates and sell MGP/archeum crystals for 400 gold.. what incentive is there to go fishing other than that I enjoy fishing in MMOs? Fast forward a few months and that 2 hours farming purses becomes a 800 gold return due to inflation, while that 2 hours fishing is still 130g.

I feel like I speak for fisherman server-wide when I say please... take a loot at fishing as a source of income.

@Sparkle

Last edited:
I'm pretty overwhelmed by all the information as I was still boggled down by learning everything 3.0 had to offer.. but I do have one simple inquiry.

Was there any discussion about fishing in its current state? I believe that fishing as a form of income is lagging behind other methods and should be something that feels rewarding and not like it's a waste of time. While Fishing at sea and turning in fish is at a fixed rate, the value of other items constantly rises due to inflation. So, the more time passes the less point there is to fish. For example, if I spend 2 hours out at sea, risking my life and boat and fish for a 130g haul in.. and I spend 2 hours farming crates and sell MGP/archeum crystals for 400 gold.. what incentive is there to go fishing other than that I enjoy fishing in MMOs? Fast forward a few months and that 2 hours farming purses becomes a 800 gold return due to inflation, while that 2 hours fishing is still 130g.

I feel like I speak for fisherman server-wide when I say please... take a loot at fishing as a source of income.

I agree with this post

The month or so I played on live I had met a fishing guild who ran with multiple fishing boats at a time to make their well earned gold. From what I remember fishing not only opened up content for players to make a half decent income at high fishing levels, but also extra content for players to do what they love doing most and that's pirate. Currently in the state of fishing there's too much risk for too little reward which completely eliminates an entire proficiency of content from the game. This skill is not living up to it's potential.

In regard to the current 3.5 patch notes I just want to say thank you guys for all your hard work, it seems I personally underestimated your dedication and passion for this server.

A little bit of info for you regarding Erenor and its comparison to other weapon/armor. Screenshots and data bellow is already nerfed version with gold and EXP reduced.

ScreenShot0042.jpg
ScreenShot0044.jpg

ScreenShot0046.jpg

ScreenShot0048.jpg

A few examples of the EXP amount that other types and grades of weapon provide to Erenor:
Ayanad weapon: Arcane - 3510, Heroic - 3780, Unique - 4050
Obsidian weapon: Arcane - 186, Heroic - 200, Unique - 215

Grade - EXP - Gold
Basic - 2584 - 0.5
Grand - 6446 - 1.26
Rare - 11808 - 1.98
Arcane - 18883 - 2.52
Heroic - 28919 - 3.06
Unique - 42365 - 3.6
Celestial - 59658 - 4.14
Divine - 82737 - 4.5
Epic - 114071 - 4.86
Legendary - 154764 - 5.22
Mythic - 208097 - 5.58
Eternal - 278064 - 6.3

A little bit of info for you regarding Erenor and its comparison to other weapon/armor. Screenshots and data bellow is already nerfed version with gold and EXP reduced.

View attachment 6268 View attachment 6269
View attachment 6270
View attachment 6271

A few examples of the EXP amount that other types and grades of weapon provide to Erenor:

Grade - EXP - Gold
Basic - 2584 - 0.5
Grand - 6446 - 1.26
Rare - 11808 - 1.98
Arcane - 18883 - 2.52
Heroic - 28919 - 3.06
Unique - 42365 - 3.6
Celestial - 59658 - 4.14
Divine - 82737 - 4.5
Epic - 114071 - 4.86
Mythic - 208097 - 5.58
Eternal - 278064 - 6.3
Do you not see the issue with these stats? Let’s take the greatsword for example

The eternal erenor gs has 101 more melee than the t7 gs. However the T7 gs has 23.8% more crit damage.
Let’s just get things out the way, 99% of melee on the server will consider the 23% crit damage is stronger.
But let’s assume that for a momen the weapons are at maximum equal, that 101 melee attack extra is about equal to 23% crit damage.
Even if that assumption is true(it’s not) the cost of the eternal erenor is like 300x more expensive. Why would any player pay that much gold for an eternal erenor (or mythic or legendary) vs it’s t7 version which is cheaper and at minimum equal to it (again the 23% crit damage is way stronger than flat 101 melee)

Something needs to be done, you either need to add erenor lunafrost for weapons that increase their crit damage equilavent to t7 versions (20% ish for 2hander and 10% ish for 1hander)
Or drop the nerf to 5% not 10%

Otherwise you shouldn’t have even spent the time to even add erenor because these changes make them effectively worthless

Then Bow is even worse because it’s 71 dps vs 17% crit dmg

View attachment 6268 View attachment 6269
View attachment 6270
View attachment 6271

Grade - EXP - Gold
Basic - 2584 - 0.5
Grand - 6446 - 1.26
Rare - 11808 - 1.98
Arcane - 18883 - 2.52
Heroic - 28919 - 3.06
Unique - 42365 - 3.6
Celestial - 59658 - 4.14
Divine - 82737 - 4.5
Epic - 114071 - 4.86
Mythic - 208097 - 5.58
Eternal - 278064 - 6.3

This is such a rediculous comparison it’s almost a joke. Yes if someone could make an eternal Erenor on this server it would have 100 more DPS, however it is still worse as Obsidian offers nearly 24% crit damage, any melee with a brain would pick the obsidian buffs.

Let’s say they are equal even still, the eternal erenor would require literally every single mythic weapon that was produced on this server in the last year. It is functionally not even achievable, in reality you should compare at max legendary Erenor to a Mythic Obsidian , as even though a legendary Erenor cost 3-4x that of a mythic T7 at least it is functionally achievable.

Based on the stats listed above, if we cross exam the T7 at mythic and a legendary Erenor we come out at weapons with the exact same DPS (relatively), however the T7 still has its passive making it much better. Not only that but a Mythic T7 would cost you the fraction of that of a legendary Erenor. Why would anyone pay more gold for a worse weapon. This same argument can be applied all the way down the chain such as Leggy T7 vs. Epic Erenor.

If you want to nerf Erenor be a little more analytic with it instead of just writing it off, with the 10% damage nerf Erenor weapons are quite literally worthless.

The Mods of this community have done a great job at listening to feed back and that’s what I hope to have here, shit even the Russians are at a 70% agreement on reducing the nerf.

The problem I see is that certain guilds have members who have lives and earned their level 6/7 guild before this change was put into place

stop acting as if you have no spare 10 minutes to do packs and or plant/pick an experia farm.
if you didn't have time for such simple tasks none of you would play an mmorpg that archeage is.

guild levels will give all members custom buffs so work for it.

Back