What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that wasn't noted in the default changes thread that may be a concern for some players:

Gods’ Whip
Mana Cost: 268/299/331/362/394 -> 86/102/110/126/157
Damage: 201+120% / 201+140% / 288+200% / 345+240% / 432+270% -> 259+140% / 288+150% / 316+170% / 374+200% / 461+240%
• Effect Changed: Inflicts a strong Shock effect, dealing 576+300% Magic Attack over 8 sec. (Previously 345+100%)
• Combo Added: Deals +20% additional damage to Burning targets.

> Gods' Whip can't be animation canceled anymore in the 4.5 update.

---

Additionally, in the 4.5 default changes: Erenor XP Values are nerfed for all types of crafted gear except Ayanad as seen below.

I don't have an opinion on this particular change as of right now. However, I think this could be a point of contention for other players.

Please note: Erenors start at the (Arcane) grade in 4.5 by default. Crystallization exists for crafted equipment.

4.0:
• Basic -- Apprentice: 28, Illustrious: 198, Magnificent: 373, Epherium: 833, Delphinad 1575
• Grand -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 1.1
• Rare -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 1.2
• Arcane -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 1.3
• Heroic -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 1.4
• Unique -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 1.5
• Celestial -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 1.6
• Divine -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 1.7
• Epic -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 1.8
• Legendary -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 1.9
• Mythic -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 2.0
• Eternal -- Multiply basic xp by a factor of 2.1? (not sure about this)

4.5:
• Basic -- Apprentice: 35, Illustrious: 48, Magnificent: 168, Epherium: 323, Delphinad: 920.
• Grand -- Apprentice: 39, Illustrious: 53, Magnificent: 185, Epherium: 355, Delphinad: 1012.
• Rare -- Apprentice: 42, Illustrious: 58, Magnificent: 202, Epherium: 388, Delphinad: 1104.
• Arcane -- Apprentice: 46, Illustrious: 62, Magnificent: 218, Epherium: 420, Delphinad: 1196.
• Heroic -- Apprentice: 49, Illustrious: 67, Magnificent: 235, Epherium: 452, Delphinad: 1288.
• Unique -- Apprentice: 53, Illustrious: 72, Magnificent: 252, Epherium: 485, Delphinad: 1380.
• Celestial -- Apprentice: 56, Illustrious: 77, Magnificent: 269, Epherium: 517, Delphinad: 1472.
• Divine -- Apprentice: 60, Illustrious: 82, Magnificent: 286, Epherium: 549, Delphinad: 1564.
• Epic -- Apprentice: 63, Illustrious: 86, Magnificent: 302, Epherium: 581, Delphinad: 1656.
• Legendary -- Apprentice: 67, Illustrious: 91, Magnificent: 319, Epherium: 614, Delphinad: 1748.
• Mythic -- Apprentice: 70, Illustrious: 96, Magnificent: 336, Epherium: 646, Delphinad: 1840.
• Eternal -- Apprentice: 74, Illustrious: 101, Magnificent: 353, Epherium: 678, Delphinad: 1932.

Last edited:
Remove -> Added an Invincibility Limit rule: When Invincibility is triggered, a new Invincibility Prevention debuff begins and lasts 15 seconds. While this buff is active, the character cannot receive any other Invincibility buff and cannot use any skill that grants Invincibility/Immunity. or replace it's cooldown to 3 seconds.
Next patch will be full of one shots & just pure CC locks, let's make it at least playable.
This change is 100% needed to stop certain players abusing invuln gliders/dashes.

There be a lot of custom changes, 4.5 is probably the worst patch in AA history. If it stays on 4.5 for long without significant changes. This server will for sure die off
I disagree entirely 4.5 was a turning point from the game, and phased into a much less RNG based gear system, and introduced hiram, which was arguably one of the best decisions for archeage as a whole

What exactly do you mean by this:
players abusing invuln gliders/dashes.
The TTK (time to kill) in ArcheAge is absurdly low, if anything, players should be rewarded for being able to outmaneuver their opponents with various mounts, gliders, and effects.

---

I disagree entirely 4.5 was a turning point from the game, and phased into a much less RNG based gear system, and introduced hiram, which was arguably one of the best decisions for archeage as a whole
It wasn't pretty but ultimately got the game back on track with the groundwork it laid for future patches. 4.0 isn't exactly an ideal stopping point, even if 4.5 might not be the universally agreed upon "best patch" (as if one exists...).

Something that wasn't noted in the default changes thread that may be a concern for some players:
> Gods' Whip can't be animation canceled anymore in the 4.5 update.

I think this a major hit to sorcery and god's whip should stay as it is right now.

lol 4.5 was the beginning of the end for me and others x) i hung on cuz i tried creating the fun myself, but then 5.0 made it even worse and I quit...

I hope to see many custom changes cuz otherwise.. big meh.

Immune gliders and mounts are 100% skillful parts of the game, even ravenspine the most op glider if you mess up the timing you legit get one shotted. Mounts take the most skill to use as you need to decide yourself wether you have enough time to actually get on the mount and dash otherwise you face death as you've wasted that time getting caught in an animation. Ezi gliders if you basic bow them if you think they are going to immune they get knocked from the glider and stuck in an animation and it's almost guaranteed death.

And about T3 lunagems. Can T3 fireglow lunagems get nerfed? Because in comparison to the T3 copperglow they give a lot more critical damage and it makes going 2H of any class a lot less viable.

And about T3 lunagems. Can T3 fireglow lunagems get nerfed? Because in comparison to the T3 copperglow they give a lot more critical damage and it makes going 2H of any class a lot less viable.

Pls no, you'd nerf shield users like healers too much.

I agree that hiram will be good for new players however, with the t3 gems and critical damage, the game play was one shot someone or get 1 shot PvP system especially with the amount of CC in the new skills and no way to counter them.

1580515917467.png

can we just not make a temp version of the ring and earing, just keep the old quests

Hiram
Leave Hiram as it is implemented in to the original 4.5 patch. No cap, no price change, nothing at all. If you gut hiram early on, you’d be screwing yourself over for every patch in the future of Archeage. It’s not even that OP, and it’ll do much more harm than good.

Obsidian
Remove it from the game. At least the upgrade paths, just follow the steps of live.

Hiram naturally has a celestial cap at 4.5 patch, i also dissagree about removing obsidian, i think it needs to stay, cause not everyone wants to grind mobs for a gods age to have better gear(like when you had to do it in hasla), it was terrible then and removed, and it will be terrible now, also some people like me enjoy obsidian and like how it works, the best option is to leave players options for gear, whats the harm in leaving players a chioce to do hiram, or do erenor or do obsidian.

i do also personally believe that hiram should be underneath obsidian in effectiveness just like how obsidian is under erenor but this would be something that is addressed in 5.0 when hiram can go eternal

Eternal Hiram isn't until 6.0. Also, it caps at divine t2. If you want to leave obsidian in, just make sure hiram is unnerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back