What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few asked it. The rest were instead about how people macro invulnerability and skills.

That being said we can revert some of the things. However it is too late to change things before the update goes live.

You made a post about the stat changes and any plan to allow people to freely reroll their gear in January not part of any official discussion. Simply put it wasn't even thought about because it wasn't apart of the patchs thread.

we have never made any balance changes to any skills. We don't modify them for a number of reasons.
Is there a chance to keep vitalism tree as of 4.0(or at least make heals affect the caster) and remove(nerf into oblivion) the disarm effect from songcraft?

I'm didn't tolerate going bunny Doombringer at official(cleric then and now) to keep feeding free honor to executioners and i won't go here that i'm not even paying a monthly fee and my brother is a tank(sk then pal now) which became instantly a waste of money and time because any retard can spam that one song take your shield off and one shoot you even on erenor plate(back then).

If it is doable after the update is live we can wait, if not like on live i guess we quit(4.5 was the reason we came to ArcheRage to start with)

Hello, would it be possible for this Beanstalk House or Mushroom House design
Add? And increase the decorative limit of the houses?

Hello, would it be possible for this Beanstalk House or Mushroom House design
Add? And increase the decorative limit of the houses?

Forgot which patch has the Mushroom house, but beanstalk is a later patch so that won't be added for sure, until that patch comes around.

How did you turn this into something something that is the equalivent of "I'm not geared, I'll suffer - all the top gs players won't be affected". ???
Permastealth is stupid and you have plenty of mounts and gliders that have a stealth ability.

No, the top GS player are not going to suffer in any way. Someone with a 7k gs and under is not a threat to someone with a 10-11k gs stealth or not.

Idk why it is such a big deal to you.

It is a big deal to me because I use it a lot and so do other people for various reasons. It is a nice skill to have and it is versatile. I don't do arenas but other people do and they see stealth as an issue and I do respect their opinion on the matter.

If you want to sit at the base of halcyona for 10 minutes in stealth not doing anything other than telling your raid "Hey, there's enemies in enemy base", then go and combine multiple tools for it. You scout from a safe distance anyways and have more than enough time to escape if spotted.

I don't go to any of the PvP events anymore. I stopped going a long time ago but other people do go to those events and they use stealth. There are people who use stealth during Anthalon in order to contest the boss. They only use stealth for a short time. Other people use stealth to carry packs through a pvp area which you can't do every efficiently on a leomorph or an elephant. Just because you don't use it or need it or are satisfied with the change does not mean other people are.

Give the devs a break. All they get is "This is shit, this sucks, why did you do this?" Nobody tells them "Hey, good job I like x or y".

The change does suck but that change was XLgames doing not the staff here. Just to clarify, I am not blaming the staff for a change XL Games put into place. If they can't change it then so be it. Then that is the way it is. The only thing I can do is ask since this is supposed to be a discussion about the upcoming changes. I do support the game by giving them my money. If you are so upset about virtys and my comments then lead by example and only give praises to the staff instead of complaining about everyone else's comments. Seriously, start with your self.

And then the icing on the cake is people complaining about stuff like this or virty about not being able to cloak dead end gear.

He has a right to talk on this forum like you do. That is his concern, whether you agree with it or not.

Sorry you talk about efficiency when running packs through pvp zones but at the same time you're trying to tell me you want to permastealth your entire way in and out of hostile zones. None of it makes any sense.

Get a vehicle, load up packs and just run the packs instead of carrying them out one by one while walking 2m/s in stealth.
The only reason you're disatisfied with the change is because you apparently want to walk half a marathon invisible to others with a pack on your back because you are scared of someone attacking you (lol) when this server is already low on pop and all zones rotate through peace times anyways. If that is why you complain about the change then I'm seriously lost ln words.

Last edited:
Sorry you talk about efficiency when running packs through pvp zones but at the same time you're trying to tell me you want to permastealth your entire way in and out of hostile zones. None of it makes any sense.

Get a vehicle, load up packs and just run the packs instead of carrying them out one by one while walking 2m/s in stealth.
The only reason you're disatisfied with the change is because you apparently want to walk half a marathon invisible to others with a pack on your back because you are scared of someone attacking you (lol) when this server is already low on pop and all zones rotate through peace times anyways. If that is why you complain about the change then I'm seriously lost ln words.

I am at a loss for words too. If you want to talk about stupidity and efficiency then I would think it is stupid for people to camp freedich all day just waiting for someone to bring in one pack but that is what people did. I think it is stupid too to wait at the bottom of the ocean for hours on end to contest kraken like they used to but people did it. I think it is stupid for someone to sit at the bottom of the ocean and wait for a merch to come by so their friends could jack it but people did it. I think it is stupid for people to sit at a trade outlet all day waiting for ships to jack but people do it. I think it is stupid for people to camp the ws bridge all day and wait for people to come with a cart to they can jack them for 80% of the profit but people did it. To me that seems like an incredible waste of game time but that is how some people play. I am not the archeage police telling others what to do with their game time. It does not effect you at all if someone chooses to stealth a pack across a pvp zone. There were people who did that. Whether you like or not, agree or disagree with it.

There are times when you need that extra time to stealth if you are going to freedich or if you are trying to avoid a situation. But I see that you are the type of person where it is your way or the highway. If you don't like something then no one should like it.

*edit*

Not to bash those who seek out the thrill of stealing from others. It is also part of the thrill to avoid getting attacked. Where you think it is stupid, some people find it fun to play that cat and mouse game. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. it is apart of that same thrill.

Last edited:
Not to bash those who seek out the thrill of stealing from others. It is also part of the thrill to avoid getting attacked. Where you think it is stupid, some people find it fun to play that cat and mouse game. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. it is apart of that same thrill.

Considering the increased stealth detection range from the kirin mounts, yes there is definitely a thrill to running around in stealth.

I also agree that there's relevant situations that require more stealth, like playing sooth. And even so, it often gets detected, or fails cuz combat (as in the Kraken example, get pulled in and lose stealth x)

Considering the increased stealth detection range from the kirin mounts, yes there is definitely a thrill to running around in stealth.

I also agree that there's relevant situations that require more stealth, like playing sooth. And even so, it often gets detected, or fails cuz combat (as in the Kraken example, get pulled in and lose stealth x)

That is a great point. I forgot about soothsayer at kraken. That would be hard to play one now :( rip.

That is a great point. I forgot about soothsayer at kraken. That would be hard to play one now :( rip.

Taylor swift has emotional issues just ignore him , he’s here to argue instead or input anything useful or constructive . No point of even replying that is simply what he wants , to have a continuous argument that goes off topic from what you were originally trying to say.

good thing you don't go to kraken and your opinion quite literally has no relevance to anything you just said :)

Is it not a good thing to take into account different sides of the game and therefore ensure every party gets heard?

People were so dead set against hiram gear in the beginning. They wanted Hiram nerfed or Erenor buffed. Now that Hiram gear isn't all that powerful, people want it buffed.

'hair

I never wanted it nerfed. I wanted it to be strong so people can catch up gear-wise.

and why is that? Please explain.

Don't take anything Shanks says seriously. His brain doesn't work very well so all he does is troll.

Your epic t6 is worthless at one point regardless when you can afford legendary.

It's not worthless if you are an appreciated guild member of a castle-holding guild that gives out lord's coins for free or heavily discounted.

Ah yes, I forgot you're a born pvper.
00f38fa36b5e25646dcbe98c733fb9fd.png

Ah wait..

Loool actually made fun of your own friend at how bad he is. If he dies every engage then that is on him and not his gear to blame for, especially not his lack of strength LMAO.

Oh I don't know.. Maybe re-gear playing tank which is what I always wanted.. or hand out free shit because I don't care ?
Admins should pay attention to your keyboard inputs XD

Virty can afford and is currently looking to replace his epic t6 agi pieces for legendary t7's. He doesn't need to care about cloaking t6 or not.
So if he can give his opinion on the matter as someone who is unaffected by it, then I can do so as someone who doesn't regularly play no more.

You and virty are awful at arguing.
Try again.

Edit: feral mark no longer boosts concussive damage, and you apply it with a new archery passive. Hence all legendary obsidian t7 shortspears losing pretty much all of their value. See any archers complain ? No.. I don't.
LMAO he's madddddd.

Listen bud, I joined this server 1 year ago. How long have you been playing? You had that kill count when I joined.

Remember that one time you hid in DS housing so I wouldn't kill you, but it was war and you died anyway? Then you were all confused? LOL you sure do pvp huh.

I didn't make fun of my friend, I made fun of Joey. You wouldn't get the joke... probably because you don't play the game.

Also, to T7 epic gear because you have access to easy LC's doesn't make it cheap. It's still incredibly expensive and not worth. You're better off selling those LC's for leggy, then going T7. :thonk:

You, sir, are awful at arguing. Nice try though lmao.

Listen bud, I joined this server 1 year ago. How long have you been playing? You had that kill count when I joined.

Remember that one time you hid in DS housing so I wouldn't kill you, but it was war and you died anyway? Then you were all confused? LOL you sure do pvp huh.

I didn't make fun of my friend, I made fun of Joey. You wouldn't get the joke... probably because you don't play the game.

Also, to T7 epic gear because you have access to easy LC's doesn't make it cheap. It's still incredibly expensive and not worth. You're better off selling those LC's for leggy, then going T7. :thonk:

You, sir, are awful at arguing. Nice try though lmao.

I joined the server 1 1/2 years ago so that pretty much puts our hostile faction kills on par. So it's funny you think that you pvp more than I did.
Yeah I wasn't aware of it at the time, as I was never really into the game before starting here, still learning new things everyday. Crazy huh ?
I think it's fine to be not aware of something, as long as you learn from it. Which we have seen plenty of times - that you don't.
Wondering when you'll get rid of that set up and learn to use your stuff manually..

Joey was quoting Virty when he said this, and you jumped in and said "Or he could go plate [...]" - you were clearly referring to Virty. Why else would you use "he" and not speak to Joey directly. Cut the lies and stop talking yourself out of it now LMAO
9c5b754e6849248b69b80c1f27560637.png

You aren't given LCs by your guild lead to re-sell them like an asshole. The entire purpose of getting them cheap is to be using them for your own gear. So your argument is really beyond silly. Even if you sold the LCs and you could afford a legendary piece from the sales, it would still needed to be tiered up and the cost of free LCs given isn't enough for that. Lol how did you think this was a good counter-argument.
Nice try though lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back