What's new

ArcheRage 8.5 (development-release info + suggestions)

With the change to the garden cycle, please enable it so people can AFK in the garden during peace. Live let you AFK in both peace and war, but I think war should be excluded, especially so it doesn't interfere with Anth content.
We have no intention of encouraging afking inside of Garden

1. Do not change garden cycle, keep it 2 hours, 10 min conflict, 50 min war, 60 min peace
2. Minimap UI, make it an option to choose if you want to keep the old one or the new one
3. The "Mutes music played by other characters." settings will now also apply to Songcraft skills. - Make an option to mute our songcraft too
4. Back then when we used to want to buy on AH, the amount started at 0, now it starts at 1, make it start at 0 again
5. If possible, make a way to packs % reset faster

2. Minimap UI, make it an option to choose if you want to keep the old one or the new one

I second this, not everyone appreciates UI updates while others would like the change, and adding an extra mini map setting should work in everyone's favour.

3. The "Mutes music played by other characters." settings will now also apply to Songcraft skills. - Make an option to mute our songcraft too
lute > flute :^)

In line with the upcoming vehicle changes to Black Dragon, CR, and GR, how would people feel about extending this to Aegis?

I know both factions like to place clads between the Guardian spawn and the event area (seen both do it yesterday and today) 🙈

That would not be applicable. This change is to prevent glitching out bosses through picking them up with vehicles.
Not to do with contesting an open world event

In line with the upcoming vehicle changes to Black Dragon, CR, and GR, how would people feel about extending this to Aegis?

I know both factions like to place clads between the Guardian spawn and the event area (seen both do it yesterday and today) 🙈
Aegis get update in a later patch where guardian 1 shot the clad

hello there people,

what are the QoL updates? Has anyone identified them?
Should be identified in a separate tab, no?!

TY in advance!!!

what are the QoL updates? Has anyone identified them?
Most notable ones:

- Solo serp + greater serp
- Boosted mam/tree quests +some weekly quests
- Removed Ipnysh Altar from race quest
- Easier to see which raid/faction tags boss
- Party duel range increased
- Shorter trial times
- Better chance of higher grade items from cloak stones
- Shorter time to open infusions and other synthesis items
- Escape skill only receives its cd when it's used successfully
- Extra spawn for eyes/spheres/compasses during Akasch invasion
- Cargo ship now has room for people to climb the mast
- Possible to mute other's songcraft skills.
- Vitalizing treat / wrapped vitalizing treat x3 in the manastorm shop

I don't think garden's War 2H change is necessary, because the server has too many people of different times, and garden boss is the mainstream of this server, and this change will greatly affect the growth of new players

I don't think garden's War 2H change is necessary, because the server has too many people of different times, and garden boss is the mainstream of this server, and this change will greatly affect the growth of new players
I think that 4h cycle in Garden - 10 min conflict period / 50 min war period / 180 min peace period - will be great for new players! You can freely stay for 3h and do fishing without interruptions and relatively quickly max out points on peace (6000 if I remember correctly) something that people pay 1000g to get in a taxi (of course given that taxi is faster). Now it is a pain that you have to go out after an hour and wait another hour or you will be hunted and lost your points. So 3h of fishing ends up being 5h or more if you forget and die.

As a weak player I say this is great.

The only issue would be if you want to risk it all and fish in the war to go over peace limit, because you will have 1h in every 4h cycle for that but I am not that concerned about it. During that 1h you can make it into top 50 on the server probably if you manage to stay alive.

All in all it is great time saver and stress relief change for new players. Only monsters to care about.

Last edited:
All in all it is great time saver and stress relief change for new players.

But Elizabeth talks about the garden boss raids, which means 100 people killing 4 bosses to all get their quest done in one war cycle, provided the coraid is full. I believe new players have been joining those raids as well.

The server is very full, so Liz's point was that less war means less opportunity for multiple raids to do their quest together.

[Passive] Empowered MaliceApplies 4% of Malediction Skill Damage while a Two-Handed Weapon is equipped, and 10% of Malediction Skill Damage while no Two-Handed Weapon is equipped.

Shouldn't it be 10% skill dmg base and 4% extra for 2hd equipped?
View attachment 26163
Regarding this one, it will be either 10% or 4%. So, for 2h it will be 4%, not 10+4.
But, I looked further into it and this update is actually a part of 9.0, so you can disregard it until September.
Removing it from 8.5 patch notes.

A number of previously announced updates will be added with 9.0 instead of 8.5.

That are:
- Garden Updates
- Several skills updates (Witchcraft; Archery - Endless Arrows & Deadeye; Defense - Invincibility; Occultism; Malediction - Empowered Malice)
- Equipping Dual Weapons effect update
- "Mammoth" and "Treant" daily quests, "Waterfall Stairs" weekly quest updates
- Cargo Ship updates.
- Golden Plains Battle honor reward updates
- Hero Missions and Hero System (Leadership points) changes, Party Duel changes, Exile changes.

Your comments and suggestions regarding mentioned updates will be taken into account when we work on 9.0 release, that, as previously announced, is planned for September.
A separate thread for 9.0 discussion will also be started some time later this summer.
8.5 release is this June.​

Would it be possible to make the new/old ui some sort of toggle? I know some people absolutely love the new map/escape menu that comes with 8.5 but I'm pretty sure most dislike the newer UI
The new minimap was a massively unpopular change on live across all regions and still is, most players prefer the old minimap(current on AR) it would be cool if we kept the version we have on AR right now.
Unfortunately, it appeared to be not possible to make the map optional. We'll have to stick with a new.

Back