What's new

Archerage statistics and us(suggestion)

idealist

In the past till now, you guys have always talked about statistics. It would be nice if the top 1%(e.g. top traderunner/ fisher/ crafter/ grinder) would be recognized by the developers and have them give their input on the activity they are good at and start a community discussion on how we can improve on said activity

The top crafters have already given their input in another thread, asking for more incent to craft by re-introducing wisp system etc. But it was ignored for the most part or simply not acknowledged. We're at a patch at which too many things have been damaged past the point of repair. And even if you somehow managed to bring back alive a lot of the things that have died on the way to 4.5, you'd put anyone who starts here now, at great disadvantage.

For the gold-generating methods: Fishing has had an increase but is still not on par with larency. Tradepacks have always been shit if you ask me, unless you dedicate 5hours a day prepping and running packs across the whole playable area in this game (kark packs overseas etc.). I know many think of packrunning completely different than me, but I never saw much incent to do them unless I was bored of my usual ways to earn gold and needed some variety.
Crafting is pretty bad in every profession and the profit margins are low for how much time and labor it takes. Larency is very powerful and in my opinion the best by far.

There's a few ways to making gold that don't inject it right into the game, e.g. by grinding certain items or flipping things. But those are either extremely grindy or there is not big enough of a market to enjoy flipping reliably. Most of the geared players I know simply put hundreds worth of real money into the game each month. I can't give you the name of a single person that has joined us past 4.0 and has geared himself into the rankings as an entirely f2p player.

Silver per labor is something you did on live as f2p or as someone who wanted to play the entire day and not get gated behind lack of labor.
We don't have that issue here. You might get more gold for your labor but how much of your time will that require ?
Any geared person can farm 2K gold at the very least in an hour in aegis / whalesong.

Silver per labor is something you did on live as f2p or as someone who wanted to play the entire day and not get gated behind lack of labor.
We don't have that issue here. You might get more gold for your labor but how much of your time will that require ?
Any geared person can farm 2K gold at the very least in an hour in aegis / whalesong.

well if you care about how fast you make gold.. I just play the game to have fun and relax lmao

The top crafters have already given their input in another thread, asking for more incent to craft by re-introducing wisp system etc. But it was ignored for the most part or simply not acknowledged. We're at a patch at which too many things have been damaged past the point of repair. And even if you somehow managed to bring back alive a lot of the things that have died on the way to 4.5, you'd put anyone who starts here now, at great disadvantage.

For the gold-generating methods: Fishing has had an increase but is still not on par with larency. Tradepacks have always been shit if you ask me, unless you dedicate 5hours a day prepping and running packs across the whole playable area in this game (kark packs overseas etc.). I know many think of packrunning completely different than me, but I never saw much incent to do them unless I was bored of my usual ways to earn gold and needed some variety.
Crafting is pretty bad in every profession and the profit margins are low for how much time and labor it takes. Larency is very powerful and in my opinion the best by far.

There's a few ways to making gold that don't inject it right into the game, e.g. by grinding certain items or flipping things. But those are either extremely grindy or there is not big enough of a market to enjoy flipping reliably. Most of the geared players I know simply put hundreds worth of real money into the game each month. I can't give you the name of a single person that has joined us past 4.0 and has geared himself into the rankings as an entirely f2p player.
I fully agree with you that what they have done so far has near irreparable consequences and ultimately it has taken the fun out of the game. There is no reward locked behind most, if not all of the proficiencies now. It is now just a plain linear grind that leads you to "end-game" and if your wallet isn't fat enough, you either grind till you're sick of the game and quit or at least pay for half of your progression in order to keep up with people and actually pvp.

As for the gold-generating bit, I have always thought that tradepacks were always bad and yeah, you'd actually have to do all that for hours before you start calculating your profits/hr. Fishing "rework" was decent but not enough. I actually tried it when I came back(With 230k fishing) and was making 350-500g per hour with a legendary propellant and seastorm fish finder. I hope they consider reworking fishing again because its bad considering the fact that i'm at 230k prof, equipped with decent fishing boato gears to make them monies but all I ever get is small puffies.

When this game was in 3.5, I used to grind seabugs for the brinebound rocks and designs and made alot more than what I would have made doing trade runs. I wish I had the sort of gear you have to make that much an hour :(. You got it right on the flipping bit too. It was enjoyable back in 3.5 when population was poppin. Haven't really been around for 4.0 but what I do know was the server was still alive the day 4.0 hit. Ahhhh wish we could go back to the good old 3.5 days.

well if you care about how fast you make gold.. I just play the game to have fun and relax lmao

Wish I had the same mentality as you when it comes to playing this game but its hard not to think about it objectively.

Back