What's new

Artistry should be revamped

Siëgfried

I personally went into the adventure of finish of leveling up artistry now that the limits were expanded to 8k characters but i found a massive wall on it.

Even when the game allows you to craft both of this music papers famed (6k char limit) Eternal (8k char limit) at 180k proficiency, the game locks you at that rank 10 with a cap of 4K chharacters.
1716766265031.png
1716766283638.png

1716766524229.png

Artistry is set on the same group with money making proficiency and with very limited category limit wich make it not a option for most of the player that likes to earn gold ingame.
1716765906722.png

1716766121918.png

You either have to decide between making gold for your gear or max artistry for rp purposes.

My sugestion would be allow to use the max of 8k characters at rank 10 celebrity, so that way would have no impact on any gold making tree.

Attachments

• 1716766243313.png
    1716766243313.png
    19 KB · Views: 7
I think this suggestion or something similar has been suggested enough times to warrant looking into.

So far this is honestly a reasonable change that would not impact the famed tree at all. I am adding my support for this change.

Admins please keep in mind that many of the players finding their way here from live are 100 percent the nerdiest Musicians you could ever meet. This change would allow them to enjoy what they like without impacting other aspects of the server for them. Just some things to think about.

I just reached 230K Artistry, and discovered where the BUG is (sort of).
If you enter straight 8000chars, all in 1 track, it plays...
→ so it will play 8000chars... ✅
If you enter, 10 short tracks, it plays...
→ it will play 10 tracks @ the same time....✅

Now it gets messy since i don't know the bug number ratio/balance
I wrote a song with 7800+ chars distributed
1→1394
2→243
3→1332
4→1108
5→2214
6→927
7→622
If i put in 1→7, 🔕No play
If i put in 1→6, plays ✅
If i put in 2→7, plays ✅
-----------------------------> so some restriction on # of tracks, with chars above ???
so i put in 1, 3→7 (took out shortest track), 🔕No play
i put in random 2 tracks each 3995, 🔕 No play
i put in random 7950char track and 2char track, 🔕No play
(now my brain really hurts)

Would the developers please look at the code.
It should be --> 10 tracks x 8000 chars per track, with Max Total 8000 chars
(and cut off any over 8K, like the other music papers w/their max totals)
That would allow whatever combination will make the ♫ play correctly, within the guidelines of 10 tracks and up to 8000chars Total.

Please make this work.

p.s.
when i wrote random chars in last post, i meant random notes [ a b c d e f g ]
not random just anything on the keyboard

p.p.s.
We nerdy musicians are also nerdy mathematicians...
Any boundaries you give us, we stretch to the absolute limits.
🤪

Tracks are supposed to be limited to 6 at max rank (If there's any change between, i'm not aware).

About the gold aspect, Artistry take some time to max (I've take some 3 months to touch 180k proficiency) but it kinda worth the golds.
I've made far enough to craft Erenor, people have a big heart when it comes to music.
But i'm always ok to good changes for Artistry :p

Tracks are supposed to be limited to 6 at max rank
I have never come across this. Hmm...
In AA, I had a # of songs on Famed (5000) paper with 7 or 8 tracks.
(yes, this isn't AA, and there are differences 🤪 )

Where can I find all the Real & up to date Restrictions/Limits/ etc for writing the music?
I was able to write songs on the RA Famed (6000) music paper w/ at least 7 tracks, so i thought "yeah, I can finally do this song"........
Any boundaries you give us, we stretch to the absolute limits.
😵‍💫

Back