What's new

Attracting New Players

elezra

I understand that openly advertising for a private server like this can make problems for the admins and devs. Im just wondering what type of "marketing" is being done to try to increase the server's population by attracting new players?

@IronLady @Sparkle

Soon more information will be released in a couple days about what the team is doing to increase population of the server.

Also... I hope there is someone with an understanding of economics on your squad. The runaway inflation the server is experiencing is pretty cray. Divine aya going for 50k?
Regrade events suck gold from the server and put more quality items into circulation...

The more the merrier :) Like Ariess said, prolly durring the next week a marketing campaign will take place.

Players have also asked numerous times if taxes could be corrected to reduce amount of land not being used, but that is a separate and delicate issue. Making land artificially scarce is not something that should be exploitable, and we are looking into this matter as well.

Hey gms/admins. Its very simple, new players will want to buy cash shop items, mounts, houses, charms etc. So if you dont fix your cryptocurrency only / credit purchase problem before it, you wont get them to stay.

Start with that and youll help the server.

Also... I hope there is someone with an understanding of economics on your squad. The runaway inflation the server is experiencing is pretty cray. Divine aya going for 50k?
Regrade events suck gold from the server and put more quality items into circulation...

When the Hasla change is implemented divine prices should lower dramatically over time, also bringing more epic and legendary items into the market

Numero Uno-gear discrepancy. Nature of this game is the haves do not allow the have nots to have and the gap widens day by day. Just my opinion. As people get more geared there seems to be less pvp. Hasla the first couple weeks was packed now not so much. I quit going because I hate dying in 2 seconds to every dark runner that looks my way. Again, just my opinion.

The new players are now awarded with a starting bundle of basic obsidian gear, which should allow them to more quickly get into pvp.

Most of the pvp damage after average gear is acquired is still mitigated by Honor gems, and the changes to this system are yet to be looked into.

sorry but that starter gear is literal shit. Better to buy auroria and lost garden gear off the AH than use it. Basic T1 obsidian with a timer.
I suppose they made it so becouse players would break the gear prior to timer running out.
Will ask if something can be adapted.

You can't even evenstone it if I recall correctly.
And if you could evenstone it, the archeum you'd get would be enough to buy a set of lost garden and auroria armor, which would be much better.
My personal suggestion, with a guy in faction chat yesterday, is to promote and buff up the quest line that guides you through crafting obsidian armor. A basic overview of the quest would be to gather the materials for the obsidian weapon (a quest to kill mobs in DS basically). Upon gathering the materials, the quest reward will prompt you with a choice:
A Bound 2h Mana Wisp (For Greatsword, Nodachis, Longspears and Greatclubs)
A Bound Wooden Mana Wisp + (For Bows, Scepters and Staves)
2 Bound 1h Mana Wisp (For Dual Wielding or other 1h+shield in later quest)

Next would be a quest that would provide you with a Bound Wooden Mana Wisp for a shield (prior quest purely offense)

After that would be a questline that would guide you to making the set of obsidian leather OR cloth OR plate, and provide you sufficient Bound wisps to do so.

Preferably, making the upgraded versions of these untradeable would be preferable, to prevent this from being an alt grinder to still a new player package.

Basically, in contrast to the current box which gives you timed, basic, unupgradable armor that is really, just pure basic bitch mode, this would give new players a basic set of gear they can upgrade and progress through the game. Kind of like mistsong and gha in 3.0

My personal suggestion, with a guy in faction chat yesterday, is to promote and buff up the quest line that guides you through crafting obsidian armor.

This is a great idea, since it would actually teach new players about crafting, and have them play the game instead of getting everything from a box. As people said already, the box armor is completely useless anyway, and this would promote player interaction (grouping up for tougher quest bosses at the very least, or even simply asking things about the quest in faction chat).

I just joined the server, honestly I feel lost as hell even with the tutorial due to how behind this version is to retail. I like this server a lot more but I have no clue what is strong/weak or even viable on it. If you want to attract new players there needs to be a good incentive for them beyond the obsidian gear. Maybe a more helpful in game community (most of the times I need to go to the AARP discord for help) because when I ask in game I get rude,stupid responses instead of actual help.

I just joined the server, honestly I feel lost as hell even with the tutorial due to how behind this version is to retail. I like this server a lot more but I have no clue what is strong/weak or even viable on it. If you want to attract new players there needs to be a good incentive for them beyond the obsidian gear. Maybe a more helpful in game community (most of the times I need to go to the AARP discord for help) because when I ask in game I get rude,stupid responses instead of actual help.

Hello and welcome
You can ask about any info on forums.

There are consumables that can greatly speed up the process of leveling and buffs that grant new players incredible advantages, as well as reward box which when used drops a longboard, farmcart ,and a clipper.
You also get permanent clipper and permanent glider as part of leveling ;)

Soon more information will be released in a couple days about what the team is doing to increase population of the server.
Before you guys start on a marketing spree, I would like to discuss some things that I think would be beneficial to that. We can talk about that another time though.

The current gear is worse than lost garden. I like the idea about the bound whisps, if it could transition into something better.

Hello and welcome
You can ask about any info on forums.

There are consumables that can greatly speed up the process of leveling and buffs that grant new players incredible advantages, as well as reward box which when used drops a longboard, farmcart ,and a clipper.
You also get permanent clipper and permanent glider as part of leveling ;)
alright thanks, sadly I'm still having trouble with a "class" x.x. I do not have friends nor do I openly pvp. so most of the "recommended" are not suited for my pve style.

I do not have friends nor do I openly pvp. so most of the "recommended" are not suited for my pve style.

Being new and w/o friends the Gearscore requirements stipulated on Guild Listings weren't inviting. Part of why I left. Housing and some other things. Had some fun here tho. Hope the server works itself out

Being new and w/o friends the Gearscore requirements stipulated on Guild Listings weren't inviting. Part of why I left. Housing and some other things. Had some fun here tho. Hope the server works itself out
its no worse then retail, honestly on retail I was being camped by higher lvls lol.

I hope there will be some solutions related to lack of housing and its prices, as many have suggested.
Admins did say they will have some solution on the way prior to 3.0 ,so i warmly advice you to keep an eye on the updates and or 3.0 release when much of the open land will happen.

Before you guys start on a marketing spree, I would like to discuss some things that I think would be beneficial to that. We can talk about that another time though.

The current gear is worse than lost garden. I like the idea about the bound whisps, if it could transition into something better.

Rest of the beginners pack is ok, its been suggested to devs to adapt basic obsidian gear in the pack towards something more suitable.

Back