What's new

Can I Use Stealth To Escape A PvP Encounter?

Tiptoe

Hey there, I'm a big ol' carebear. I really hate PvP.

But I'm max level now, so I'm forced to grind mobs in PvP zones. Naturally, I'm frequently attacked and killed.

So I'm just wondering if there's anything a PvE player can do to avoid PvP. Can I stealth or turn invisible after I'm attacked and use it to escape? Or can the enemy still hit me after he has me targeted?

Cheers.

You can stealth but I think any DoT effects on you may pop you back out of stealth.
Also you move really slowly when stealth'd, so chances are your opponents will run in close to detect you (you can see stealth'd characters when you are near them)

Hey there, I'm a big ol' carebear. I really hate PvP.

But I'm max level now, so I'm forced to grind mobs in PvP zones. Naturally, I'm frequently attacked and killed.

So I'm just wondering if there's anything a PvE player can do to avoid PvP. Can I stealth or turn invisible after I'm attacked and use it to escape? Or can the enemy still hit me after he has me targeted?

Cheers.

Yeah anything goes as long as you're not using 3rd party programs or cheats etc..

As long as it's within game mechanics you're fine.

If you have any kind of poison, bleed, burn, electricity etc.. it'll instantly pull you out of stealth

Aha! Thanks Dimmizer.

So if an enemy gets a negative buff on me, then stealth is useless *sigh*. Ah well, it was worth a try :p.

Aha! Thanks Dimmizer.

So if an enemy gets a negative buff on me, then stealth is useless *sigh*. Ah well, it was worth a try :p.

If you can learn to play Darkrunner or Enigmatists..

Both are big on mobility and can dish out a lot of damage.. I'd say Darkruners is more constant damage and take less to gear but still push high damage.

Enigmatist might take a lil bit more gear to get same results but it'll work just depends what you enjoy more magic or melee. Darkrunner also has a small mobility skill in the battlerage tree called Behind Enemy Lines lets you jump forward by x amount of meters.

Dark runners have Behind enemy lines, teleport, mirror warp, backdrop and Stealth
Enigs have the same but no behind enemy lines..

Enigs tho generally get the teleport/mirror warp reset passive in auramancy which I've had that shit proc on me like 12 times in a row and it's pretty funny when u just spam Teleport and u end up like 80 meters away from where you originally were lol. DR's don't take the reset because they require other passives usually.

If you can learn to play Darkrunner or Enigmatists..

Both are big on mobility and can dish out a lot of damage.. I'd say Darkruners is more constant damage and take less to gear but still push high damage.

Enigmatist might take a lil bit more gear to get same results but it'll work just depends what you enjoy more magic or melee. Darkrunner also has a small mobility skill in the battlerage tree called Behind Enemy Lines lets you jump forward by x amount of meters.

Dark runners have Behind enemy lines, teleport, mirror warp, backdrop and Stealth
Enigs have the same but no behind enemy lines..

Enigs tho generally get the teleport/mirror warp reset passive in auramancy which I've had that shit proc on me like 12 times in a row and it's pretty funny when u just spam Teleport and u end up like 80 meters away from where you originally were lol. DR's don't take the reset because they require other passives usually.

Oh I love that idea! I might try out an Enigmatist then (I like ranged). As I'm working on leveling all my skillsets, it's time I started leveling Auramancy. Thanks for the tip :D.

best escape is menu>exit game lol no but seriously stealth wont save you from getting zergstomped... unless you have songcraft you cant outrun them .. maybe even with songcraft as their are so many cheaters who can just magically port cc one shot repeat... its almost like this is why people quit and not p2w... lol

Once you stealth, your enemy will lose target of your character. However, you can be seen even when in stealth if you are near enough and certain skills and items (gems) can make stealth detection better. If you want to escape PvP scenarios, I suggest having all auramancy teleports and the last auramancy passive that has a chance of consecutive multi-teleports. I also suggest getting a Lion mount and getting it past level 25. It is the best escape mount in the game. Once you're on it, you can use "Dash" to charge forward without taking any damage for 3 sec.

Thanks Nocht. Where do I find the Lion mount?

Another quick question for you guys: Is there anywhere safe for 50+ players to grind mobs? Hopefully with good drops like the Auroria mobs.

Library. Mobs are pretty tough but its a big safe zone. No PvP. Good for EXP if you can kill fast enough.

Thanks Nocht. Where do I find the Lion mount?

Another quick question for you guys: Is there anywhere safe for 50+ players to grind mobs? Hopefully with good drops like the Auroria mobs.
You can go to Ayanad Library to safely farm for experience, materials, and there are also several achievements and hidden objectives in there as well for paintings and other collectible items. Mobs there are more difficult and so you would need to craft Tyrennos Index/Golden Library Indes http://archeagedatabase.net/us/recipe/6781/ to buff yourself. You might already have some from the leveling boxes.

The lion mounts are in Falcorth Plains (Regular Lions are 9.0 m/s) and in the cash shop (Mirage Snowlion is 10 m/s).

Back