What's new

Chat settings disappeared after disconnections

galaxyw

I get disconnected from the server every so often, which isn't a big deal (unless I'm running packs). However, when I get reconnected, all the setting/tabs for my chat are gone and they go back to defaults. I'm just wondering if anyone have similar issues and have a fix for this.

I get disconnected from the server every so often, which isn't a big deal (unless I'm running packs). However, when I get reconnected, all the setting/tabs for my chat are gone and they go back to defaults. I'm just wondering if anyone have similar issues and have a fix for this.

Yes ,this happens somewhat often, its an ingame bug, please try and restore your settings to original, than log off and exit the game immediately, log on again and it should save them. There is still risk of them being lost later on due to bug, but in some cases it stays fixed.

You can always go into your Documents >> Archeage >> USER and backup your USER folder. This holds all of your UI changes. I keep a backup of main since if you switch resolutions in game it will mess it up and replacing the USER folder and overriding all the files will restore it to how it was.

You can always go into your Documents >> Archeage >> USER and backup your USER folder. This holds all of your UI changes. I keep a backup of main since if you switch resolutions in game it will mess it up and replacing the USER folder and overriding all the files will restore it to how it was.
Used to backup UCC for crests, but that is a good idea as well ,just was very rarely unlucky enough to go through losing the UI settings.
It happens at random and can happen for so many reasons.
Thank you for feedback

@Ryuzaki My settings are always reset when I fail to login. So lets say I misstype my password or my login my settings gets reset in-game.
Not sure if thats what everyone is experiencing here but I thought I should mention it

Back