What's new

Class population disparity

Amatox

Disclaimer: AA is a p2w game. Darkrunner encourages P2w.
Game makes profit off this design
Mage is the best for end game content.

Problem: Darkrunners are able to deal meteor strike damage with instant melee attacks.
DRs have more mobility than archers.
DR has the most CC breaks.

Solution: To keep the server spicy and decrease the gap between Darkrunners and other classes it should not be a scale tipping event IE increase magic attack scaling

Rather, a sorcery ability that is comparable to shrug off.

Assume daggerspell, the mage with the most CC to setup a meteor.

Frigid tracks- precast shrug
Banshe lassitude-backflip out of fear. (Cannot be feared mid animation)
Insidious whisper- throw dagger overwhelm.

To even the playing field. Give Sorcery a precastable buff to avoid getting combod. 80% evasion OR trip immunity (remove from lenses) OR next attack fails. Duration only 5 seconds. Once a fight use to avoid combos comparable to shrug bondbreaker

Noone ever change anything in pvp i wouldnt count that happen here.
But if GM's would do something that Trion never did i would be suprised in good way.
I will throw something by myself.

I play Paladin 18k phys defence and this dosent matter cuz DR's use two handed longspears (or any two handed weapon cuz it gives them armor penetration) and just dont care about my defence is there any logic in this ? I dont think so would be nice to see change in this.

GL with this topic ;)

should be left exactly how it is. there are shields and defense specs to begin with to deal with melees to begin with. if you don't want to get one shot play a class with defense or shield.

and you can no longer pre cast shrug and bondbreaker.

(not saying shield and defense is the fix for this, obviously if someone hitting you has a legendary+ ofc you'll prob end up dying 8/10 times)

as a mage player i completly agree we should have cc breaks to have some chance to escape their stupid trip chaining u cant get out of. But archery should get some movement skill into their tree aswell,instead of useless missile rain

I play defence class with shield I have 35k hp 18k Physical def shield full gems and 0 chance to win this fight againts Dark Runner with long spear and u say that how it supose to be ? ;>
My class is basicly counter for darkrunners ? xD thats funny

I play defence class with shield I have 35k hp 18k Physical def shield full gems and 0 chance to win this fight againts Dark Runner with long spear and u say that how it supose to be ? ;>
My class is basicly counter for darkrunners ? xD thats funny
yes its ridiculous indeed,mage cant ever oneshot someone with great amount of Magic Def unlike dr with a decent weapon kills anything in trip combo

There are counters for pretty much every spell cast in this game. Is the combat system perfect? Of course it is not but really everyone should just play the class they enjoy the most and have fun with the game :)

There are counters for pretty much every spell cast in this game. Is the combat system perfect? Of course it is not but really everyone should just play the class they enjoy the most and have fun with the game :)

Ariess i agree with u(the part that ppl should play class they enjoy) but if that would be true we wouldnt have that many dark runners ;)

Last edited:
I'd normally agree with this, but a lot of the PvE content where class shouldn't matter as long as all roles are filled is locked behind PvP zones. When you get into a raid and you see a total of 50 people, maybe 10 archers, 2-3 tanks, 5 healers if that, and a few mages and the other half is all Darkrunner, that's a problem in my book, a really big problem. That means 50% of the raid is Darkrunner, that means 80% of the raids damage is absurd melee, instant CCing crit damage running around spamming trip chain CC. You may say: Well just use plate, well there's a problem with that, it's called casting so we just lost our -30% cc debuff duration, some extra cast time and 5% damage buff to magic skills all to survive for I don't know?... 10 seconds longer tops? Extra survivability? Fine :) but herein lies the problem, dealing with that instant CC, armor pen and reset on battlerage skills literally means we aren't ever going to get any skills off that aren't cast time required and those that are instant aside from mana stars? too long of a cooldown. And you may say nerfing Darkrunners would ruin the class? Well riddle me this, 70% of mage based classes are removed from all PvP scenarios against a Darkrunner. A Darkrunner can gap close on a Archer about 2-3 times(Charge/BEL/Tiger Strike/Teleport). Against tanks? Longspear/Shortspear. This is a very big issue in this game and 3.0 is where Darkrunners were meant to receive the nerf but it never happened on here or on official because anything that kept mages alive to fight back was also removed at the same time. It really does need to be addressed because as it stands if you play mage and don't take Auramancy/Shadowplay you're pretty much done 0 escape > instant death in 1-2 hits, if you don't die, you're laying on the ground the whole time wondering who cut the grass this morning.

Edit: the 80% damage for the raid came from the fact that every other class has a channel time for their skills as well as absurd cooldowns with no way to reset them.

I think everyone agrees battlerage is dis-proportionately powerful in this patch for anything less that full raid-on-raid fights. from 3.5 - 4.0+ you see XLGames retooling the system with the abyssal skills and then ultimately the almost complete removal of cc from melee classes, the way it should be. I've always thought it's ridiculous that the trip debuff can be chained 2-3 times in a row.

to be completely fair a raid of mages always wins
That's not true at all, having a raid full of actually, full-on mages is a complete waste. Look at it this way, Revenant/Enigmatist are the mages I'm sure you're referring to which both have instant forms of CC and escape. Darkrunners can still use Shrug It Off, Bondbreaker and there's a cape that has a CC break on it for melees too, but the one aspect everyone seems to forget here is cast time. If a raid full of mages is killing your raid full of Darkrunners, you probably shouldn't be playing Darkrunner because all said and done there is 5+ ways to break CC for melees and literally 20+ ways to obtain magic defense(Armor Attributes, Set Effects, t4 shield, capes, obsidian gear, gems, buffs, potions, books etc,.) couple all that magic defense together, add in a chaining CC that's annoying as is to recover from and a spell shield(like it's needed at this point) If you're having trouble dealing with a Mage as a Darkrunner something is very wrong or you're dueling and absurdly overgeared mage because the damage that comes off a mage is so awkwardly inconsistent and requires casting spells which can be interrupted by said instant CC. I can reassure you that if you play a full raid of Darkrunner with nothing but celestial equipment against mages with nothing but celestial equipment and you're both at lets say 4000gs Darkrunners will come out on top 80-90% of the time on kills because they wait for no cast time, and insta CC, for those that manage to miss that first trip, spellshield, done problem solved and you just go in for another swoop at tripping them, if that doesnt work you just gap close and beat them up because all it takes is one trip.

Well geared mage/rev can implode kill 5+ ppl in an animation cancel :p Darkrunner is OP 1v1 class but in raids, they're pretty crap imo. Unless its a good darkrunner than actually stealths around for healers etc. but most of the time they tigerstrike in and instantly die.

You can never balance 1v1's perfectly :D

No it dosent make diference, Frontino Scozz (darkrunners with similar to me Gearscore) destroy all my 35k HP in like 3 sec. Class is broken always was noone was doing about it anything from start of game. O chance to fight them as a tank and i would play it if not my constant 200 ping this class wil always will be dominating 1 vs 1 or small fights. So just stp complain all pick Dark runner if u want have any chance and if u have better ping than me. Just remember to one shot anyone who have 20k hp just pick longspear for armor penetration proc to hit ppl for 30k HP

Last edited:
darkrunners=edgelords.
Tanks=crying beefcakes.
Healers=thailand lady bois.
Full raid of mages > full raid of darkrunners

R E M O V E primeval&DR&ENIG&BLIGHTER&CLERIC&YNOTEVERYCLASS? L E E C H

I think everyone agrees battlerage is dis-proportionately powerful in this patch for anything less that full raid-on-raid fights. from 3.5 - 4.0+ you see XLGames retooling the system with the abyssal skills and then ultimately the almost complete removal of cc from melee classes, the way it should be. I've always thought it's ridiculous that the trip debuff can be chained 2-3 times in a row.

what do you mean? shadowblade has 4 trips 2 silences an aoe fear + a single target fear in 4.5. ancestral skills actually help darkrunner's single target burst with a tiger strike that hits 5 times

you guys need to learn how to disjoint snares and stuns instead of just expecting to be able to tank through everything the game has to offer.

Last edited:
what do you mean? shadowblade has 4 trips 2 silences an aoe fear + a single target fear in 4.5. ancestral skills actually help darkrunner's single target burst with a tiger strike that hits 5 times

you guys need to learn how to disjoint snares and stuns instead of just expecting to be able to tank through everything the game has to offer.
That dosent work cuz when u try fight cc u losing hp in the same time and die in 3 sec its not even fight its just one shoting ppl, i advise travel in large groups on 30 ppl that may work ;p

Oh and i have great idea u can help this poor ppl that dont know how to disjoint CC, queue arena vs Scozz and Frontino and record fight show us what we do wrong that would be awsome xD

Last edited:
Back