What's new

Convert Untradeable Gear To Tradeable

SHOULD UNTRADEABLE GEAR BE CONVERTED INTO TRADEABLE GEAR?

• YES

• YES, BUT IT DEPENDS ON THE GEAR. DISCUSS IN COMMENTS.

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kezz

I've been thinking about this for awhile. One of the greatest parts about this server is the ArcheRage response to players opinions and making it easier for people to gear up without having to swipe.

LET'S MAKE UNTRADEABLE GEAR, TRADEABLE. (Ex: All tiers of Obsidian regardless if it has been equipped)

This might flood the market for a little bit, but it would help so many people gear up. I've always been a big believer that untradeable gear only exists so people have to swipe harder for an upgrade. "Just bought a legendary weapon? Congrats! What are you going to do with your Epic T6?" Blow it up... every time.

I also think it will reduce the P2W factor by a lot. Which may not sound like a good idea to the ArcheRage team, but it will draw in more players. More players ALWAYS means more business.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might flood the market for a little bit, but it would help so many people gear up. I've always been a big believer that untradeable gear only exists so people have to swipe harder for an upgrade. "Just bought a legendary weapon? Congrats! What are you going to do with your Epic T6?" Blow it up... every time.

But, I might still blow up it up, every time, because if my old gear goes up I can sell the other stuff and save gold x'D

In korea a lot of items were tradable that werent in EU or NA wich ones i cant say cuz i dont know details i just rememebr 6 y ago when i watched some korean streams. :]

We need this, i cant even found a good 2h weapon to buy in ah in like a month still waiting, we need obsidian can be tradeable so people can gear up.

I'm OK with even making it cost something to cloak or whatever -- like a transmuter or something even more expensive. Maybe a special type of transmuter that costs a significant amount.

Russian AA had these sort of wrapping scrolls that you'd use to make the item unbound again, could try going with those, do whatever adjustements needed and make em a shop item if you want.

Maybe apply it to mounts and pets too, sometimes they don't perform like you'd expect (skillwise mostly) and you're stuck with em like it or not.

Russian AA had these sort of wrapping scrolls that you'd use to make the item unbound again, could try going with those, do whatever adjustements needed and make em a shop item if you want.

Maybe apply it to mounts and pets too, sometimes they don't perform like you'd expect (skillwise mostly) and you're stuck with em like it or not.
I like this idea. This also gives us the opportunity to swap mounts/pets between characters.

I think a good portion of the high grade gear we have, is available because much of it is bind on equip.
People who have a divne t4/5 know that nobody wants to buy it at t5/6. So instead of tiering it up and selling it, they're regrading it.
Same with epic t6, nobody will buy an epic t7, and if they get their hands on a legendary to replace their epics, they're regrading the t6.

Which is why I believe only T7 should be able to be cloaked.

How often does the gear go up after regrading it? HARDLY EVER. I disagree and don't believe that is the reason higher grades of gear exist.
The gear is in the server because people are regrading for the sake of regrading.

If we removed the bind on equip, then that would allow players to buy their gear directly instead of failing regrades and losing hope in the game because the gold they just earned from countless hours of grinding was all for nothing.

I'm not worried about me. My character is complete. I'm worried about the population of the game and thinking what we could possibly do to draw new players in. That means we need to think of the players that don't swipe, and need to grind for gold. If they leave, then so do the swipers because of low server population.

I'm confused as to why you think people are forced to regrade themselves, and can't buy it off others ?
When I joined this server I started out with a T4 celestial buff. Not worth making it T5, so I hit it. It ALL broke. That could have got me gold and geared somebody else up.

I then got a T5 divine buff. DEFINITELY not worth making that T6, so I hit it all when I was upgrading to epic. ALL BROKE. Could have, once again, geared somebody up. Nope.

Then I got a T6 epic buff. When buying legendary pieces, I had no option but to blow up the epic T6. That's really good gear and could have helped tons of players out. NOPE. All of it blew up.

Not one piece went up for me. Huge gold sink. Could have helped low gear score players gear up. Instead, they're limited to the very small amount of gear available on the AH. Or they can try to regrade themselves and... well... waste all their gold and quit.

Back