What's new

Crater/Ebonfur cub suggestion

The ten percent gold increase drop from npcs doesn't make sense since most mobs drop one copper...

Can this ten percent gold increase apply to opening coin purses??

I dont really see the point of the cub. It gives 10% bonus to XP (which no one would need) and 10% bonus to gold mobs drop which is some copper.

The ten percent gold increase drop from npcs doesn't make sense since most mobs drop one copper...
Can this ten percent gold increase apply to opening coin purses??

You are farming wrong mobs then if each mob provides only 1 cooper. Just, for example, go check Diamond Shores, Exeloch or Hasla mobs. They give approx 30-70 cooper per mob. With a cub, you can get 10% more. It's a good bonus to the drop, if not to mention you can still use other pots.

You are farming wrong mobs then if each mob provides only 1 cooper. Just, for example, go check Diamond Shores, Exeloch or Hasla mobs. They give approx 30-70 cooper per mob. With a cub, you can get 10% more. It's a good bonus to the drop, if not to mention you can still use other pots.

50 copper avg per mob, even if you are really good at killing and manage to get 600 mobs in 1 hour, is only a 0,05x600=30 extra SILVER per hour. The cub gives you 1 free coin purse's worth in ONE CONTINUOUS HOUR of farming. How is that a good bonus?

I get the reason why it's shitty is because of bots, but don't pretend it's good.

The gold drop bonus buff could be increased to 100% and it still wouldn't be game breaking, mobs drop so little currency on their own - most of it comes from coin purses.

wow 10 percent more from mobs that drop 30-70 copper per! I'm playing a private server not a day time job. Like Lillis said

"50 copper avg per mob, even if you are really good at killing and manage to get 600 mobs in 1 hour, is only a 0,05x600=30 extra SILVER per hour. The cub gives you 1 free coin purse's worth in ONE CONTINUOUS HOUR of farming. How is that a good bonus?"

How the f*** is that a good bonus? Also you said there are pots that increase the percentage? Are you talking about loot drop because there are no pots that give percentage increase to gold gain from mobs.

You also get a 10% loot drop buff with the pet. Just think of the extra copper as a minor bonus.
But the point is, it's so minor, it's like nothing. Actually increasing the gold from coinpurse is a pretty good idea. And bots not really gonna get this pet anyway, so I don't see it as gamebreaking.

These pets were created by XL games and they were added by us in their original state with no changes. All cubs characteristics were provided to players beforehand, so they could decide if they need this pet or no.

And you all forget about his other usefull skills, like "Increases owner's PvE skill damage +6% for 60 seconds".
10% increase in gold drop rate is just a bonus to other skills. We'll not have it changed.

These pets were created by XL games and they were added by us in their original state with no changes. All cubs characteristics were provided to players beforehand, so they could decide if they need this pet or no.

And you all forget about his other usefull skills, like "Increases owner's PvE skill damage +6% for 60 seconds".
10% increase in gold drop rate is just a bonus to other skills. We'll not have it changed.

The usefulness of pet aside, pointing out that you aren't changing the pets because "XL games made it this way" is weird considering the whole appeal of this server is its custom content and that it's supposed to deviate from XL/Trion's management of the game. o_O

Most useless buff goes to........................ 10% increased gold drop...
Really?I'm rich now

That 10% gold drop wasn't there at first place, because mobs used to drop the silver, and not coin purses like it is now, and they just completely forget about these buffs exist?

In Archeage 1.0 the mobs drop purses that give gold, sometimes jackpot, i remember once i get 1,000g from a coinpurse.

I get that it was an XL decision, but perhaps the admins could just change the buff to like +5% movespeed or +5% drop rate (ontop of the +10% drop rate the bear already has) and then people wouldn't be complaining about it. I love the bear for the additional drop rate and thats really it, plus its really cute.

The usefulness of pet aside, pointing out that you aren't changing the pets because "XL games made it this way" is weird considering the whole appeal of this server is its custom content and that it's supposed to deviate from XL/Trion's management of the game. o_O

No, I didn't say it. Please read my post attentively.

That 10% gold drop wasn't there at first place, because mobs used to drop the silver, and not coin purses like it is now, and they just completely forget about these buffs exist?

Not sure I understood your question. What buff did we forget about? All original buffs and skills Cubs had were added. Detailed information regarding them can be found in the description in our In-game boutique thread.

I get that it was an XL decision, but perhaps the admins could just change the buff to like +5% movespeed or +5% drop rate (ontop of the +10% drop rate the bear already has) and then people wouldn't be complaining about it. I love the bear for the additional drop rate and thats really it, plus its really cute.

Players were informed about the Cubs skills beforehand. No surprises. It's completely up to the players now to use these Cubs or no. And again, +10% gold drop is not the only available Cubs' skill. There are other skill available as well. We'll not add extra skills on top of them.

Not sure I understood your question. What buff did we forget about? All original buffs and skills Cubs had were added. Detailed information regarding them can be found in the description in our In-game boutique thread.
I worded it badly, I meant that when XL games implemented this Cub, they gave it +% gold drop from mobs, because they forgot, that coinpurses gives gold now, not mobs dropping. That was my assumption, but that was just a guess, that they (XL games) forgot to change these buffs, when they changed the system.

Btw, we use this cub for the loot drop increase, so not that big of a deal, but I thought it was a good topic to discuss this strange buff with the gold increase, because it's not the only place in this game, and it's near close to being useless.

Back