What's new

Current issues and ways we can resolve them

drazeni

To the community and developers.

Over the last few weeks i have noticed the ecconomy crashing,
There is a severe lack of new gold coming into the server.
Maybe all the Packrunners have left due to getting 1shot by whale DR's.

In truth there a several problems,
fresh gold income to the server has stalled we need more gold coming in we need to fix fishing, have increesed gold from trade packs maybe events that produce more money from certain packs such as inter continetal trade runs.
This would be a win for pvpers too.

Then we have other issues such as a crisis of faction identity.
East faction is a cluster fuck of assholes.
Not one guild that i have seen sticks up for there faction.
Every one is allys with reds rather than there own.

Add a teleport back to freedich so we can contest the other factions guilda flow
and give us a reason to farm hasla or another zone again other than coin purses. i mean those were the days when this game was great,
pvp was a constant back then but now we have library where you cant attack anyone and every one is safe to farm with out fighting others.

how about we make anyone who attacks the opposite faction Flagged for pvp for 1-2 min do the same with bloodlust so we don't have groups breaking the game Picking off people one at a time with no ability to help them even if were in a party.
This happens all the time during trade runs.

No dedication are using things like nui's and Housing zones to there advantage, not even putting up a fair fight all they do is attack soon as they get low run back to the nui or a housing zone and drop bloodlust once they have the packs.
how about you make it so people who are bloodlusted cannot flee to the nui.

Bloodlust should last longer too after been flagged there should be a cool down that is resets until combat has ended for long enough 2min would be fair.

And If you're wanted you should be red to everyone.

fix the global cool down been on every skill high latancy players such as my self have to wait 4 seconds between each skill some times longer because for some reason some genius decided to make it ping dependent.

also well we are at it nerf Darkrunners and buff archers,
it should not be possible to 1-3hit a tank through redoubt who has 26k hp and 10k physical defense.
remove there excessive Armour pen.

and lastly fix fishing, fishing added loads of pvp and gold to the game now its nerfed there is less gold income and less pvp
The oceans might as well be a peace zone for all the pvp that happens.

in summery there needs to be more reasons to want to fight the other faction and less reasons to gank same faction.
pretty much most of the high end guilds are allys with guilds on the other faction.
we have seen heaps of people trading packs with reds helping reds get there packs in at freeditch and ganking there own faction instead of fighting for there own!
i feel that this is more due to the state of the game in this patch.

at launch the game was all about helping your faction and denying the other faction from advancing.
now its just a cluster fuck of everyone fucking everyone and the only ones advancing are teaming up with the people they should be fighting.

A good suggetion was to remove forgiveness potions from the cash and honnor shop.
Make them do there dailys for forgiveness dont give them an easy way out.

Here is my reply to the economy thread, which fits in perfectly here ......

It all comes down to RNG boxes really.

1) Those who charge through them make 10% gold value of credits if they dont roll big.
2) Those who change gold to credits, roll on boxes that bring in 10% of what they spend.

There is far too much RNG involved in the Pserver, for this Pserver to be a Pserver. There is a reason Trion servers are dead ... And it not because of P2W or patron grinding. Trion servers died because of the excessive RNG (events and all ... Who the F, wants unidentified trees and bundles). This company so far is literally copy and pasting the RNG, except its more difficult (Hassle .... As of now) to cash shop here.

I know loads of people who were spending £100 (yes more value than dollars) a month, that now wont touch it with someone elses barge pole.

End of story: When you get less, you spend less. Prices rise and no one buys.

Here is my reply to the economy thread, which fits in perfectly here ......

It all comes down to RNG boxes really.

1) Those who charge through them make 10% gold value of credits if they dont roll big.
2) Those who change gold to credits, roll on boxes that bring in 10% of what they spend.

There is far too much RNG involved in the Pserver, for this Pserver to be a Pserver. There is a reason Trion servers are dead ... And it not because of P2W or patron grinding. Trion servers died because of the excessive RNG (events and all ... Who the F, wants unidentified trees and bundles). This company so far is literally copy and pasting the RNG, except its more difficult (Hassle .... As of now) to cash shop here.

I know loads of people who were spending £100 (yes more value than dollars) a month, that now wont touch it with someone elses barge pole.

End of story: When you get less, you spend less. Prices rise and no one buys.

Would argue its on the contrary, a big part of the donating community is making its way through ephereum to be able to sell credits at these rates.
I agree on the boxes, and last moringa event, it needs less RNG, and more player interaction and fun ingame.

The rng boxes dont take gold out of the game,
The only way they affect the ecconomy is through what they drop.
I do agree this last rngbox was a waste of money the only good thing in it was the glider.
Rng boxes shouldnt drop things like regrade scrolls or anything farmed in the game as it drops prices and makes people suffer.

The economy is affected mainly by people who make new gold via coinpurses and trade packs. And people who destroy gold via gold sinks such as general merchant eg hammers and gloves and regrading and more.
Atm no one is making new gold.
People are handicapped by labour.
They can either make gold or level there gear to be able to make more gold.
Usaly the role of fresh gold fall back onto new players.

To the community and developers.

Over the last few weeks i have noticed the ecconomy crashing,
There is a severe lack of new gold coming into the server.
Maybe all the Packrunners have left due to getting 1shot by whale DR's.

In truth there a several problems,
fresh gold income to the server has stalled we need more gold coming in we need to fix fishing, have increesed gold from trade packs maybe events that produce more money from certain packs such as inter continetal trade runs.
This would be a win for pvpers too.

Then we have other issues such as a crisis of faction identity.
East faction is a cluster fuck of assholes.
Not one guild that i have seen sticks up for there faction.
Every one is allys with reds rather than there own.

Add a teleport back to freedich so we can contest the other factions guilda flow
and give us a reason to farm hasla or another zone again other than coin purses. i mean those were the days when this game was great,
pvp was a constant back then but now we have library where you cant attack anyone and every one is safe to farm with out fighting others.

how about we make anyone who attacks the opposite faction Flagged for pvp for 1-2 min do the same with bloodlust so we don't have groups breaking the game Picking off people one at a time with no ability to help them even if were in a party.
This happens all the time during trade runs.

No dedication are using things like nui's and Housing zones to there advantage, not even putting up a fair fight all they do is attack soon as they get low run back to the nui or a housing zone and drop bloodlust once they have the packs.
how about you make it so people who are bloodlusted cannot flee to the nui.

Bloodlust should last longer too after been flagged there should be a cool down that is resets until combat has ended for long enough 2min would be fair.

And If you're wanted you should be red to everyone.

fix the global cool down been on every skill high latancy players such as my self have to wait 4 seconds between each skill some times longer because for some reason some genius decided to make it ping dependent.

also well we are at it nerf Darkrunners and buff archers,
it should not be possible to 1-3hit a tank through redoubt who has 26k hp and 10k physical defense.
remove there excessive Armour pen.

and lastly fix fishing, fishing added loads of pvp and gold to the game now its nerfed there is less gold income and less pvp
The oceans might as well be a peace zone for all the pvp that happens.

in summery there needs to be more reasons to want to fight the other faction and less reasons to gank same faction.
pretty much most of the high end guilds are allys with guilds on the other faction.
we have seen heaps of people trading packs with reds helping reds get there packs in at freeditch and ganking there own faction instead of fighting for there own!
i feel that this is more due to the state of the game in this patch.

at launch the game was all about helping your faction and denying the other faction from advancing.
now its just a cluster fuck of everyone fucking everyone and the only ones advancing are teaming up with the people they should be fighting.

A good suggetion was to remove forgiveness potions from the cash and honnor shop.
Make them do there dailys for forgiveness dont give them an easy way out.

Hello

More than a few good and logical suggestions here.
ArcheRage team does have some plans for pvp balancing, but no one is yet certain which and when.
Will just have to wait after holidays to find out.

Here's a tip how to make Hasla great again, add 10-15% chance of abyssal shard drop rate to mobs, so newbies could come and farm them there for dungeon gear upgrades. Instead of mindlessly farming mist-song on solo mode and dying shitton of times. Also would add some PVP in that area :)

Here's a tip how to make Hasla great again, add 10-15% chance of abyssal shard drop rate to mobs, so newbies could come and farm them there for dungeon gear upgrades. Instead of mindlessly farming mist-song on solo mode and dying shitton of times. Also would add some PVP in that area :)

That's a great idea!

Hello

More than a few good and logical suggestions here.
ArcheRage team does have some plans for pvp balancing, but no one is yet certain which and when.
Will just have to wait after holidays to find out.
Some top tier changes for pvp would be 50% dmg red. on shrug and bond breaker removed. Nerf distressed debuff on battle rage hard, it’s so overloaded it insane. (45% reduced movement speed, 50% heal red. and attack speed slow and skill dmg red.) Also nerf the puncture and the backstab dmg.

Archers need to have the 20% reduced damage at 8meters removed, it’s just dumb. (This is removed on live servers). Boosting the movement speed passive on archers from 8% to 15% would make archers feel much cleaner in kiting. With the distressed debuff at the current state, it feels like kiting as any range class feels impossible, especially with 70% of people are playing the most mobile class by a long shot. Also boost some scaling numbers on endless arrow, charged bolt etc.

Mages feel to be in a good spot, nerf frigid a bit and they will be in a good spot.

Overall all armor pen needs to be reduced as you need to be over about 3.5kish armor to even have any armor at all against a high armor pen melee. So pretty much all dps classes take true dmg to melee at the current state.

These changes would make the game feel so much better for pvp in general.

Some top tier changes for pvp would be 50% dmg red. on shrug and bond breaker removed. Nerf distressed debuff on battle rage hard, it’s so overloaded it insane. (45% reduced movement speed, 50% heal red. and attack speed slow and skill dmg red.) Also nerf the puncture and the backstab dmg.

Archers need to have the 20% reduced damage at 8meters removed, it’s just dumb. (This is removed on live servers). Boosting the movement speed passive on archers from 8% to 15% would make archers feel much cleaner in kiting. With the distressed debuff at the current state, it feels like kiting as any range class feels impossible, especially with 70% of people are playing the most mobile class by a long shot. Also boost some scaling numbers on endless arrow, charged bolt etc.

Mages feel to be in a good spot, nerf frigid a bit and they will be in a good spot.

Overall all armor pen needs to be reduced as you need to be over about 3.5kish armor to even have any armor at all against a high armor pen melee. So pretty much all dps classes take true dmg to melee at the current state.

These changes would make the game feel so much better for pvp in general.

Battlerage isnt really what makes Darkrunners overpowered, its their ability to engage and disengage at will to cooldown reset. There is a reason any class with stealth, in any MMO is usually broken and overpowered. Killing battlerage hurts more classes than those it will save. No one complains about the damage a Doomlord or an Abolisher puts out.

Balancing an entire tree that is powerful in combination with another, just to put one class inline with the others is the wrong way to go about it. Enigmatist is the magic version of Darkrunner ... But no one is asking for nerfs to the trees used there. Maybe its because Darkrunners are played more ? Because its just as easy to play an Enigmatist.

As a note i dont play Darkrunner and never have, but i also don't think they are over the top powerful like most people do. I generally kill them 8 times out of 10. What i dislike about them is stealth, stealth is pure aids in any game.

Oh but Nodachi should be looked at, its the other main reason (outside of stealth) DR's are OP.

Battlerage isnt really what makes Darkrunners overpowered, its their ability to engage and disengage at will to cooldown reset. There is a reason any class with stealth, in any MMO is usually broken and overpowered. Killing battlerage hurts more classes than those it will save. No one complains about the damage a Doomlord or an Abolisher puts out.

Balancing an entire tree that is powerful in combination with another, just to put one class inline with the others is the wrong way to go about it. Enigmatist is the magic version of Darkrunner ... But no one is asking for nerfs to the trees used there. Maybe its because Darkrunners are played more ? Because its just as easy to play an Enigmatist.

As a note i dont play Darkrunner and never have, but i also don't think they are over the top powerful like most people do. I generally kill them 8 times out of 10. What i dislike about them is stealth, stealth is pure aids in any game.

Oh but Nodachi should be looked at, its the other main reason (outside of stealth) DR's are OP.
Their disengage is strong because of the massive mobility but mostly from not being punished by overstepping. They click two buttons (Shrug, Bondbreaker), and they become incredibly tanky for 5 seconds on a 18 second cool down on those buffs. That’s mostly the problem, also mages don’t have a free 2k pen like melee users, I’ve played mage on morph so I know that mages are in a good spot. DPS mages can be punished when they misplay, darkrunners have it disgustingly easy.

i agree with not nerfing battlerage as i play Abolisher, i have the t4 tanking set and 27k hp and i still die in 2 hits from geared darkrunners even through redoubt and necklace.
they get a huuuge increase to armor pen from one of there skill combos.
they could just apply a debuff to darkrunner that caps there armor pen.
no Assasin should be able to go toe to toe with a tank.

i agree with not nerfing battlerage as i play Abolisher, i have the t4 tanking set and 27k hp and i still die in 2 hits from geared darkrunners even through redoubt and necklace.
Agreed, although abolishers can still 1 combo dps though if they go toe to toe, maybe not dark runners because of the bond breaker, but mage and archers can get 1 combo’d.

Part of the problem with tanks (and anyone who wears plate) getting bursted is because of the crazy amount of def pen DR's are able to get. I remember a friend of mine who played Doomlord would always complain about it. When 3.0 came around and the defense values on gear and such got fixed he never complained anymore. If you are a leather "tank" (I would honestly classify you as a bruiser at this point because you want to be more offensive but still have some beef) then the problem is even bigger because now you have even less physical defense for the DR to run through.

Also one of the biggest problems with DR is Auramancy. Nerfing battlerage, as Cubansyrus said, screws over more classes than just DR. Auramancy is a jack of all trades tree and it is actually kind of stupid. Mobility (with resets if you have the passive), a sleep, stun and impale breaks/immunity AND silence/shackle immunity? Add on bond breaker and of course DR's are going to be a problem.

I honestly feel that if they brought in the changes to defensive stats and the lessening of physical defense pen that the 3.0 change brought, it would lead to people feeling a bit more confident against fighting DR's. They still will be a pain but it will help.

What we really need is a MASSIVE buff to the portable harpoon cannon. That thing needs to be able to 2-shot people. Everyone should be incentivized to run around with a portable harpoon cannon on their backs at all times. If that doesn't make pvp more fun, nothing will.

dr is fine and can be dealt with by any decent class that isnt a cleric if played well(not to say you can play darkrunner poorly and get away with it unless you're carried by gear and can mash precision strike and shadowsmite and two hit everything)

enigmatist leech tracks meteor one shot combo on the other hand is le epic xd and cant be dealt with unless youre running sleep immunity

also you must be new to this game because "faction identity" isnt really a thing, its about guild vs guild not faction vs faction. when player states come around you'll see.

Back