Disabling Perditas

Should Perditas be disabled?

• Yes, they should be disabled for the first few weeks

Votes: 117 92.9%
  • No, they should not be

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters

Shawnzy

This was a huge discussion and debate we had with Trion with the release of 3.0 fresh start and what the community wanted before, disabling of Perdita Statues for the first 3 weeks of the game.

Main reason being is these statues are worth 1k gold, and they just invite cheaters to constantly go for them, proven through past experiences these are easily exploitable. Additionally, they introduce an immense amount of gold way too early into the economy.

because of the reasons stated above, they should be disabled for atleast 3 weeks into the server and re added after that.

I think this is a good idea. It is too easy for cheaters/hackers to get away with farming perdita statues early on in the sever. Disabling them will mitigate the influx of gold into the early economy of the server.

if nothing else lower their value to 1 gold at the start and slowly increase it's amount in line with the current economy!

i hope the admins listen and actually act on things like this..

only way to really see if their here for the money or actually wana provide a better archeage experience than trino..

Perditas break economy in every launch due to mods. Unless you can guarantee you can detect and ban mods within seconds you won't be able to stop them from finding and turning in Perditas and sending a mail.

Man, how will the BRs live without the extra gold injected into the Brazilian economy, though?

With that said, yes a thousand times to this. Perditas are ALWAYS abused by hackers early on. Even if you catch them after the fact and ban them, it's too late, harm is done, the gold is spread in the economy.

Yeah it might be a good idea but with the smaller playerbase they might be easier to detect. I'd hope so I'd like a good fair start and I'm happy to spend money to support the devs I just don't want to be completely screwed because I didn't know.

i would prefer to see them removed permanently instead of temporary.
lets be real only ppl you see going after them are ppl using that hack that removes water and turn the chests into pillars normal players dont even have a fair chance to get one.

goodluck, try to load a mod on this server. i tried on russia and it ended poorly. i was a fairly consistent exploiter on NA.

goodluck, try to load a mod on this server. i tried on russia and it ended poorly. i was a fairly consistent exploiter on NA.
Regardless of that the second point still stands, that much gold into early economy is not healthy at all.

people will be running around in heroic for some time without apex. a few people napping 1k gold and moving it into circulation is probably good for the economy.

Yeah it might be a good idea but with the smaller playerbase they might be easier to detect. I'd hope so I'd like a good fair start and I'm happy to spend money to support the devs I just don't want to be completely screwed because I didn't know.
Really, the main issue is that detection in ArcheAge is often done "after the fact", so to speak. Admins find out someone's doing something sketchy too late to prevent the fact that the guy already got the money of six Perditas and the economy now has an extra 6k gold.

Might not look like a lot, but on the first day or two, that 6k gold is huge.

Back