What's new

Downloading the latest file list error

Tundra

upload_2018-8-3_16-36-23.png

Since the update I can no longer play the game. Reinstalled using torrent, the error persists.

That's not an error. There was a new patch released after the restart and it's trying to download the latest patch

Turn off your antivirus/firewall. For some reason my game ran and updated fine until this latest patch. Turn it off, update, turn it back on and it worked for me.

That's not an error. There was a new patch released after the restart and it's trying to download the latest patch
I forgot to mention that allowing the client to run for a length of time it returns an error about failure to download or something along those lines...

Turn off your antivirus/firewall. For some reason my game ran and updated fine until this latest patch. Turn it off, update, turn it back on and it worked for me.
I have already tried disabling my firewall completely. I'm not running any antivirus software.

Btw pressing the repair button only takes it to the "Downloading the latest file list" step again. It's a loop

One of the files can be corrupted or something on your side blocking the updates download. Try to use ping reducer to download latest updates or reinstall game from Torrent.

One of the files can be corrupted or something on your side blocking the updates download. Try to use ping reducer to download latest updates or reinstall game from Torrent.
I've already tried reinstalling from torrent yet the problem persists

Reboot your router, run lancher as admin and if issue still persists, try any ping reducing program. Something on your side is blocking the update.

Check your ping to our server: IP 192.99.19.165. If your losing a lot of packets use VPN or ping reducing programs.

I have been able to fix my client.

Initially, I suspected it was an issue with the hosts file located in the Windows installation folder, but this turned out not to be the case.

I also used a ping traceroute program in order to see where my connection failed, but less than 1% of my pings failed.

I suspected it might have been an issue with my copy of the torrent, and redownloaded the torrent for the second time on my SSD.

Sure enough, after installation, my client was working well again.

It might have to do with faulty sectors of the hard drive I initially downloaded the client on.

I will uninstall and reinstall the game to a separate location to confirm this fix worked.

Thank you staff members for all your help and for all the hard work you've put into this server. This private server is several magnitudes better than official.

Thank you for sharing the details. This information can be useful for other players facing the same issue.

Back