What's new

Eliminating the Use of Items with BiS

Epic

Just wanted to make a post as to why certain items aren't reviewed or communicated to the players that actually play the game.

The new glider being added tomorrow is another item that eliminates the use of so many other items, just like the Mooneer, Iceneer, and Igneer eliminated the use of so many mounts.

The glider being added is like having a sloth glider, squirrel glider and a nimbus 2000 all in one. Making these BiS/OP items is whatever but then to add them so that they are only obtainable through a cash shop box is insanity.

I could care less if its only in a box as I buy 50k - 75k credits a week, but its just insane that all these new items don't have loyalty shop options for new/existing players that would rather use their gold on upgrading their gear rather than paying huge amount of money for an item because it was from a box weeks ago.

Item swapping is a skill that differs good players from normal players, but we keep getting these items that completely remove the flexibility and options you get from collecting or owning multiple items when PvPing.

fa865f37b1be72a00cbfd1f059e50537.png

Stealth - Nimbus 2000
In-Run - Squirrel Glider and a few others
Step Back - Sloth Glider

i also hate to see only garbage in the loyality/merit shops. i mean there was a cash shop box that flooded the market with the squirrel glider and it cost like 400g to buy from other players.
then like 2 weeks later it appears in the merit shop for 700(!) merits.. ?
just like the goblin glider was added to the loyality shop i believe, after making it a special gift to veteran players..

the loyality shop also takes forever to update and if theres nothing in what you want you need to wait like forever.

Agreed, if the step back move is comparable to the sloth then they just made every other glider obsolete. That's not good for the game.

Considering that they just put the sloth glider back, this definitely feels bad. I really do not want to be stuck in a constant "carrot on the stick" situation. I have done that enough with Trino.

These "custom" things would be the best opportunity to talk with the community, and share ideas, and make a balanced item. But no, they never do something like that, they just gonna add again some furry/pirate costume to the loyalti shop.

I was bashing them during the Reindeer mounts, which were in every way the best possible mounts ingame. Now they add this glider, which is completely superior to any other glider ingame (there were no slots for invincibility?). They will come here, if come at all, and gonna say "no, it's not", and that's it. I am seriously tired to even make a discussion about these, don't even know why I read forum. They won't listen, they don't care. And if you come here, and gonna say "we do care" then show us, show us when you changed your direction on these overpowered items, when the community was clearly against them. And they are getting offended when people compare them to Trion. At least you don't ban for no reason.

You know what we can do? Don't buy those boxes, that's it. Don't buy credit for this week. This will never happen, but that's how we can make changes. Otherwise, I am curious what will be the next "custom" idea: maybe a pet with every possible pet buff ever existed?

What is OP in it? Skills that are present here can be found in other gliders as well. Other gliders have some of these skills and other good skills as well. It's a good glider, but not imbalanced.

Can tell you that this glider was added on our RU server approx 6 months ago and there were no complains on it and it didn't show itself as overpowered or imbalanced. Community and staff had 6 months to test it and see in action, prior we made a decision to implement it here.
They use it for 6 months and have no complains and you didn't even see it in game and already assumed it's broken.

Item swapping is a skill that differs good players from normal players, but we keep getting these items that completely remove the flexibility and options you get from collecting or owning multiple items when PvPing.
Theres no skill involved, its a hotkey. And high ping makes it impossible to swap weapons, gliders, anything, the delay between actions will make sure you're dead. Funny how you like to think of skill in a game loaded with disparity. I particularly like how you call them "normal", like you're something out of this world for blowing up real currency to get top5 gear, playing on a 10ms ping, and able to hit a mouse button to hotswap + dropback that are both in the same button, hope you don't need macros for that.

This glider is just another item to oil the p2w hamster wheel. I didn't see you people complain over the p2w deers, you were happily shooting me for 14.000 damage without even dismounting and i put up with the BS, and you were all having a party when Sloth came back. This just came out and seems to be at the same price, 4.5~6k, but this one item crosses the line somehow? the "skill" line you just came up with, that separates real pros from scrubs? get out. You couldn't care less bout whether or not this makes it to loyalty.

What is OP in it? Skills that are present here can be found in other gliders as well. Other gliders have some of these skills and other good skills as well. It's a good glider, but not imbalanced.

Can tell you that this glider was added on our RU server approx 6 months ago and there were no complains on it and it didn't show itself as overpowered or imbalanced. Community and staff had 6 months to test it and see in action, prior we made a decision to implement it here.
They use it for 6 months and have no complains and you didn't even see it in game and already assumed it's broken.

Im not assuming its completely broken, however, making this glider eliminate the use of others is annoying. Why collect other ones, why swap gliders when you can have 3 in one.

Then it only being in a cash shop box so that new players and or people that didn't get it during this box rotation have to spend absurd amounts to get it.

You couldn't care less bout whether or not this makes it to loyalty.

How so ? I've said the sloth glider should have been in the loyalty shop since the start of the server as its a solo PvP game changer in terms of escaping from multiple enemies. Another reason why this glider is really good and should be in there.

you were happily shooting me for 14.000 damage without even dismounting and i put up with the BS

You probably don't even know what class I am and I don't think I've ever used the arrow shot on the deer as it does no damage from me.

Theres no skill involved, its a hotkey

That makes 0 sense, there is no skill involved. Every skill in the game is just a hotkey, so no class takes skill to be good at, kiting multiple enemies, escaping, and then entering back into the fights while you pick each person off one by one takes 0 skill? Just cause its a hotkey?

I particularly like how you call them "normal", like you're something out of this world for blowing up real currency to get top5 gear

I love how you assume that just because I have gear I was referring to myself as skill and better than everyone else. I can name multiple players that I can barely touch because of there use of hot swapping and using multiple items in PvP. I was a generalized statement. Im not here to fuel my own ego. Just trying to make the game experience better for everyone as a whole.

If I didn't care about any of what you mentioned, I wouldn't have made this post. I buy 1000's of credits every week. I can get the glider. I can get whatever is added to the shop. I was making the post to better every else and make it fair. The post wasn't just for me, it's for the community as a whole.

Items that are BiS or pretty close to it should have alternative methods of obtaining them.

Last edited:
Whales don't tend to make the game better for anyone else or the community.

Regardless of "whale talk" I think this glider will give me a goal to work towards as a F2P. This is like an end game glider I am happy is OP, because I know that I want it above all the others.

Whales don't tend to make the game better for anyone else or the community.

Regardless of "whale talk" I think this glider will give me a goal to work towards as a F2P. This is like an end game glider I am happy is OP, because I know that I want it above all the others.

Okay, say you have no gold this week, wouldn't you rather an alternative way of getting it so as a F2P you can use your gold on your armor and still get the glider ?

By all means, you do you, but generally speaking. Items like this should be in the loyalty shop aswell not even for limited time. All the time, the deer should be aswell

I agree, BIS items should have an alt means to aquire them. I missed out on the reindeer mount and am now stuck with my slow ass lion mount until it comes available in an RNG box again.

I can confirm in previous discussions that Epic was recommended to put the Sloth glider to the loyalti shop, and among with others bashed the new deer mounts aswell.
Even tho Epic should not care about these topics, as he can just buy anything he wants, he is still supporting the average community, and I really can't understand when you are against him in this, or defending this stupid idea. Combining 3 glider is a good idea for you? I have a Sloth glider, this is COMPLETELY BETTER, it's like an upgrade. Why should I bother anymore then, 2 month later will we get a glider which got all these + some invincible ability? "carrot on the stick" effect, as Kaotic said.

Are we playing the same game? Work towards what? You either buy it now for 6k gold, or you buy it a month or two later for 20k. Good luck buying it half a year later. Just like with every other op item in the rng box ever added.
We need to come up with another term to separate F2P players, because it just blows my mind that any F2P player votes for rng boxes and supports these. F2P that plays the game casually, and F2P that lives in this game is 2 completely different groups.

I can confirm in previous discussions that Epic was recommended to put the Sloth glider to the loyalti shop, and among with others bashed the new deer mounts aswell.
Even tho Epic should not care about these topics, as he can just buy anything he wants, he is still supporting the average community, and I really can't understand when you are against him in this, or defending this stupid idea. Combining 3 glider is a good idea for you? I have a Sloth glider, this is COMPLETELY BETTER, it's like an upgrade. Why should I bother anymore then, 2 month later will we get a glider which got all these + some invincible ability? "carrot on the stick" effect, as Kaotic said.

Are we playing the same game? Work towards what? You either buy it now for 6k gold, or you buy it a month or two later for 20k. Good luck buying it half a year later. Just like with every other op item in the rng box ever added.
We need to come up with another term to separate F2P players, because it just blows my mind that any F2P player votes for rng boxes and supports these. F2P that plays the game casually, and F2P that lives in this game is 2 completely different groups.

Thank you for this, I don't post on the the forums all the time just complaining like most. These things are real issues that I would love to see addressed for the community as a whole. I've played AA since before it was even released in North America. I myself like to see all players enjoying the game. People assume just because I have armor I can't sympathize for the average or f2p player and anything I say is irrelevant.

I stream this game almost everyday and people ask me what server I'm playing on almost everyday and join up, which is amazing to me. I just want these BiS items that they are seeing me use, obtainable down the line for them, for anyone when they are 55, when they have armor, when they've played long enough to deserve it.

Most of the people that are coming over from live have never even seen these items like the deer etc. and they won't or can't even get one if they came to play. The whole point of this server should be to have different and unique stuff from the others. Custom items and custom content to attract players. So make it that. All these really unique items that are making the game different from live is just making a 1 week cash grab.

You missed the point of pretty much everything. You are, or were an enigmatist, still "you" was general for all the p2ws (youre in this group), that yes, ride deers and run around blasting people with arrows and going invis all the time. Nice and balanced, lotta fun for the ones putting up with that BS.

Playing your class and swapping items are hardly the same, there is no distinction between "good and normal" to be made just because you can hotswap items midfight with a KB/mouse button, just that a low/no ping can think about doing it and have it all instant as long as theres not GCD. High ping needs to choose which actions he wants server to respond too, so swapping and then popping, and still waiting for like dropback is not high on their priorities. Low ping, done in no time, high ping, 7 or 8 seconds aka useless to even try, still doesn't make them bad, or worse than you, just restricted by conditions they can't improve, not unless they go live next to the servers.
Even tho Epic should not care about these topics, as he can just buy anything he wants, he is still supporting the average community, and I really can't understand when you are against him in this, or defending this stupid idea.
Im not against anybody. Im sure Epic is a great fella and all that jazz, but you wanna find solutions then stop being part of the problem.

More than once, just on this thread, he states how much money he dumps into these very methods. Remember when Sloth came out? that same day the buzz was out of control and people were on faction saying how they'd blown up 1k real currency to get it and have spares too. Say im on the dev team, why am i going to change anything? cut profits by 60 or 70% by making these items legitimate to earn, loyalty, gilda, merit badges? no thanks. Server is full of enablers that will keep it alive and in good health.

Like i read on another thread (where Epic wanted to dump credits on vendors), there was a user posting like "lets be real, i just want my stuff" something in these lines, incase you didn't know they just in it for themselves and eff you. F2Ps will keep being left to sort themselves out, maybe play 10 hours a day to buy these items for 5000g every couple of weeks. The little they have done to revert this exhausting pay2win is so insignificant nobody even notices, like the breather, that sure was introduced into legit methods, but was made so rare and takes so many pieces to put together, that to this day i don't think anyone has completed even ONE. The people that bought with real cash had no trouble tho.

A couple months back they also asked community about Ravenspine Wings and how to introduce them without driving people mad. Seemed at least like a positive step, that was quickly dismissed and were back to this.

Last edited:
You missed the point of pretty much everything. You are, or were an enigmatist, still "you" was general for all the p2ws (youre in this group), that yes, ride deers and run around blasting people with arrows and going invis all the time. Nice and balanced, lotta fun for the ones putting up with that BS.

Playing your class and swapping items are hardly the same, there is no distinction between "good and normal" to be made just because you can hotswap items midfight with a KB/mouse button, just that a low/no ping can think about doing it and have it all instant as long as theres not GCD. High ping needs to choose which actions he wants server to respond too, so swapping and then popping, and still waiting for like dropback is not high on their priorities. Low ping, done in no time, high ping, 7 or 8 seconds aka useless to even try, still doesn't make them bad, or worse than you, just restricted by conditions they can't improve, not unless they go live next to the servers.

Im not against anybody. Im sure Epic is a great fella and all that jazz, but you wanna find solutions then stop being part of the problem.

More than once, just on this thread, he states how much money he dumps into these very methods. Remember when Sloth came out? that same day the buzz was out of control and people were on faction saying how they'd blown up 1k real currency to get it and have spares too. Say im on the dev team, why am i going to change anything? cut profits by 60 or 70% by making these items legitimate to earn, loyalty, gilda, merit badges? no thanks. Server is full of enablers that will keep it alive and in good health.

Like i read on another thread (where Epic wanted to dump credits on vendors), there was a user posting like "lets be real, i just want my stuff" something in these lines, incase you didn't know they just in it for themselves and eff you. F2Ps will keep being left to sort themselves out, maybe play 10 hours a day to buy these items for 5000g every couple of weeks. The little they have done to revert this exhausting pay2win is so insignificant nobody even notices, like the breather, that sure was introduced into legit methods, but was made so rare and takes so many pieces to put together, that to this day i don't think anyone has completed even ONE. The people that bought with real cash had no trouble tho.

A couple months back they also asked community about Ravenspine Wings and how to introduce them without driving people mad. Seemed at least like a positive step, that was quickly dismissed and were back to this.

Everything is still situational lol, you still have the same judgment as playing your class. When to switch when, when to use etc. Same as any other skill in the game.

How am I part of the problem. I am literally making a thread trying to fix this issue. Of my issue was addressed you'd be running around on the same deer blasting ppl.

You can say I'm part of the problem when I use the funds available to me to get items in the game. Am I suppose to stop progressing ? Stop getting items. Obviously I'm going to swipe for the items cause they're only available for 1 week.

The enter reason I made this thread. Why should having these unbalanced BiS item only available for a week and for money only. It's stupid and unfair. I'm saying this and I have all these items. I'm arguing a solution.

Remember when Sloth came out? that same day the buzz was out of control and people were on faction saying how they'd blown up 1k real currency to get it and have spares too. Say im on the dev team, why am i going to change anything? cut profits by 60 or 70% by making these items legitimate to earn, loyalty, gilda, merit badges? no thanks. Server is full of enablers that will keep it alive and in good health.
That is the key in understanding what I want to say, but it's hard to express myself. I understand these steps from the developer/publisher standpoint, it great for them moneywise, and I can't argue with that. I find the problem among the community: why defend this clear cashgrab action? You can accept it for sure, but should not act like it's all good, and you/we can raise our voices. Nothing will happen probably, but it really blows my mind again, that some people are completely okay with these BIS items, which again, further widens the gap between us.

The little they have done to revert this exhausting pay2win is so insignificant nobody even notices, like the breather, that sure was introduced into legit methods, but was made so rare and takes so many pieces to put together, that to this day i don't think anyone has completed even ONE. The people that bought with real cash had no trouble tho.
We were discussing on forum that breather too, and that is one of the reason I am disappointed in this server communication. We gave them many good ideas, how to improve that, because this way 1-2 people gonna acquire it during the whole lifetime of this server. And then, they just stopped responding to that thread, saying they reacted to it already. But no, they did not. The ,,everything is fine" is not an answer when we are giving pros and cons.

This is exactly what I want from them, what we never got from Trion. That was a great move, and I like it, to discuss these topics (I would started it with the Breather tho..). Hope we can see more in the future.

Note: the non-quoted parts I am mainly aggree with you, except the personal things, which I have no insight on it.

I was told that this glider etc. Have been on RU server for months with no complaints. I think the real issue here is that the admins/devs need to realize that just because RU is okay with it and seems fine does not mean that we're okay with it.

The NA/EU community and the RU community are completely different. Just look at the official RU servers ran by mail.ru. It's more p2w than NA live server, yet they have 10x the players and 13 servers. Where NA/EU have 3 server and are dead.

I was told that this glider etc. Have been on RU server for months with no complaints. I think the real issue here is that the admins/devs need to realize that just because RU is okay with it and seems fine does not mean that we're okay with it.

The NA/EU community and the RU community are completely different. Just look at the official RU servers ran by mail.ru. It's more p2w than NA live server, yet they have 10x the players and 13 servers. Where NA/EU have 3 server and are dead.
Epic makes a lot of sense. RU is a completely different place with very different opinions on what the game should be like. Devs keep saying that the items are not overpowered but everyone that can swipe and has good gear is using them. When the whales on the server tell you that something is too P2W, they are probably right. They believe it enough to give up an advantage because it seems unfair.

Epic makes a lot of sense. RU is a completely different place with very different opinions on what the game should be like. Devs keep saying that the items are not overpowered but everyone that can swipe and has good gear is using them. When the whales on the server tell you that something is too P2W, they are probably right. They believe it enough to give up an advantage because it seems unfair.

Honestly at this point I don't really care what they add. Just should have a way to always get it. Hence the loyalty shop. Why can't people get there items for being "loyal" to the server. The entire point of the currency. It's just these 1 week cash grabs with BiS items and then wait a year of you want it later. Pets, costumes, I get it. But these items are known to be really strong

Back