What's new

EU abyssal timezone

I highly doubt it. California to UTC is -8 and we probably have some EU in the timezone ahead of that, so we are talking a 9 hour time difference for the furthest player spreads. Lets say a California gets off work at 5-6pm, gets home around 6-7pm and that is current lusca/abyssal start. This current timing is about 3-4am in EU. If EU wants it at midnight, thats between 2-5 pm (for pacific/eastern respectively) for the start of luscas and roughly 3-6pm for abyssal to start, which means I, and many others with day jobs in NA, cant make it now.

With the range of timezones, we will always have a group of players that some events just wont work for.
Meant if they are not able to add separate event timed for players based in and around EU region, they might move one Aby timer to cater that.
NA players would lose one Aby, while EU players would receive one.
But its a stretch, since it is NA server after all.

Meant if they are not able to add separate event timed for players based in and around EU region, they might move one Aby timer to cater that.
NA players would lose one Aby, while EU players would receive one.
But its a stretch, since it is NA server after all.
I'm not talking about change the abyssal time, just add another one with EU timezone, whoever stays for both of them wins, but you need to look at the EU community plus 2 abyssalll for na and EU will add more PVP to the game and will attract more EU ppl to stay

Timing of events/wars is not optimal for EU players. And RU server is not EU server +it's not "New" server. Timing of russian server is irrelevant.
Na server:
-lusca-abyssal, 2nd halcyona, 3rd MM: too late
- 1st MM and 1st Halcy: too early
You fight against REAL NEW EU server but timing is real problem and you can't "fix" it. We have too many "active" time zones. We ignore this issues in short term, but this bad timings are one of the main problems. You can see 30-60% empty lands in the most of housing areas. This lands will never be part of the production. Lock lands is too easy in this server. ( Land is other issue. But I have a land and less materials is good for me. :) )
+This System is broken "visually" too. If you can check "top" GS and you see huge gear gap vs RM users what is the point to invest time? Its a little bit frustrating. Just remove "toplist" and GS informations! Easy fix for greedy "publishers" :D
- 1000 gold/5 dollars? (1 gold /1 credit???) really?
Some of the players will lose motivation in this server.

Timing of events/wars is not optimal for EU players. And RU server is not EU server +it's not "New" server. Timing of russian server is irrelevant.
Na server:
-lusca-abyssal, 2nd halcyona, 3rd MM: too late
- 1st MM and 1st Halcy: too early
You fight against REAL NEW EU server but timing is real problem and you can't "fix" it. We have too many "active" time zones. We ignore this issues in short term, but this bad timings are one of the main problems. You can see 30-60% empty lands in the most of housing areas. This lands will never be part of the production. Lock lands is too easy in this server. ( Land is other issue. But I have a land and less materials is good for me. :) )
+This System is broken "visually" too. If you can check "top" GS and you see huge gear gap vs RM users what is the point to invest time? Its a little bit frustrating. Just remove "toplist" and GS informations! Easy fix for greedy "publishers" :D
- 1000 gold/5 dollars? (1 gold /1 credit???) really?
Some of the players will lose motivation in this server.
Russian server is EU server. Its server is based in France. Its event schedule is full on EU based.

EU players should stop asking for a NA server to change its timezones. I'm in favor of adding an extra Abyssal on a monday with an EU timeslot, though, as it does not take away from NA players but add more to the game.

Russian server is EU server. Its server is based in France. Its event schedule is full on EU based.

EU players should stop asking for a NA server to change its timezones. I'm in favor of adding an extra Abyssal on a monday with an EU timeslot, though, as it does not take away from NA players but add more to the game.
And NA players should stop ask Team to not start new real EU server because it will be bad for the population of NA server.
Archerage website is .to ="Tonga". So... In your logic... this server is Tonga server and not NA server. :)

Sure but 80% of Russia the country is based in Asia, most russians dont actually play in the EU time zone ...... Russia spans from +2gmt-+9gmt. Far more than gmt to cst .......

The server might be in france, but the RUplayerbase isnt.

This server might be NA by name, but that is far away from the playerbase. Hell, the server has more EU and Brazilian players combined then it does north american. Get off your high horse, if all EU players left, you would have a dead server.

Why not just move the Saturday one forwards by 2-4 hours? Most people are off work Saturday so they wouldnt miss it. This would mean a 10-12 start for EU which on a Saturday night is fine.

The simple solution is adding an extra event for european players. Or just create an european english server, the russian server has a hughe language barrier. If they create an european server i will donate a lot of money and i'm convinced many others would do as well.

From Ironlady
"@Ryuzaki, all events are synchronized based on the NA time zone. Adjusting abyssal to EU time zone might break the entire sunchronization. In any case, I will pass this to devs to have a look, but it for sure won't be the highest priority task for them. Besides, the RU server now has an option of launching Client in English, so for EU players it is now convenient to play on that server."
To sum it up, it will be looked into, but no promises.

From Ironlady
"@Ryuzaki, all events are synchronized based on the NA time zone. Adjusting abyssal to EU time zone might break the entire sunchronization. In any case, I will pass this to devs to have a look, but it for sure won't be the highest priority task for them. Besides, the RU server now has an option of launching Client in English, so for EU players it is now convenient to play on that server."
To sum it up, it will be looked into, but no promises.
I understand what you said and i'm glad de devs are dedicated but the RU server is just not an alternative to the NA server, even if the client is in english the vast majority of players are russian, so they only speak russian in the server chat so you can't get invested in guild politics, pvp etc. And i know this is a stereotype but russian players are more prone to hacking than NA and EU players it's just their culture.

Back