What's new

External program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitomi

Greetings. My question is, if it is legal to use an external program that allows you to activate 4 songcraft songs at a time, giving it a single key, without having to activate them one at a time.
Thank you and I await your reply.

Rule 17: Absolutely no cheating of any kind! This includes programs or macros that would give any unfair advantage or simplify in-game tasks.

Rule 17: Absolutely no cheating of any kind! This includes programs or macros that would give any unfair advantage or simplify in-game tasks.
Im newbie here and register to the forum just for that. This is a new update to the rule or something? I report to the staff some days ago a clear macro land grab and the staff said that macros isn´t bannable as for now.
Im interested in this too cuz if macros arent allowed, i can reopen the ticket to get a punish for the user

Last edited:
I report to the staff some days ago a clear macro land grab and the staff said that macros isn´t bannable as for now.

That's always their excuse for not banning obvious landhackers. But if you ask about just using your regular mouse/keyboard software, then it's suddenly bannable...

Im newbie here and register to the forum just for that. This is a new update to the rule or something? I report to the staff some days ago a clear macro land grab and the staff said that macros isn´t bannable as for now.
Im interested in this too cuz if macros arent allowed, i can reopen the ticket to get a punish for the user

Hello, whoever told you that, did not clarify enough for you to understand.
As Ariess said the Rule 17 applies to everyone.I think there have only been few exceptions when players using Razer or similar mouse which have this implemented tried using macro, and got banned, with them bing warned not to do it again. That means that if you start binding many actions constantly in the game the system itself will flag and ban you.
When you have time to further explain this please do @Sparkle

where is this rule? for some reason, I can't find it. shouldn't it be in Administration bulletin < Official Rules & Guidelines < In-game rules?

the 17th rule is:
17. Unauthorized access to someone's account(s) is prohibited, that would lead to an account block.

and the only rule I can find related to cheating/using third party programs is this:
22. Don't cheat in the game! We will find out anyway! If such was detected user is going to be punished. How exactly? Be sure, the punishment will be strict.

is there something I'm missing or am I just not looking in the right place?

where is this rule? for some reason, I can't find it. shouldn't it be in Administration bulletin < Official Rules & Guidelines < In-game rules?

the 17th rule is:
17. Unauthorized access to someone's account(s) is prohibited, that would lead to an account block.

and the only rule I can find related to cheating/using third party programs is this:
22. Don't cheat in the game! We will find out anyway! If such was detected user is going to be punished. How exactly? Be sure, the punishment will be strict.

is there something I'm missing or am I just not looking in the right place?

Yes, sorry for confusion.
There are new rules in the works, not official since it is yet to pass grammar check and other, Ariess quoted those from the Staff section.
The rule is valid anyhow. Upon being proven, macro and bot users have been banned in the past.

That's always their excuse for not banning obvious landhackers. But if you ask about just using your regular mouse/keyboard software, then it's suddenly bannable...

There are techniques to getting landgrabs that do not involve hacks or macros.. Just because you dont know them does not mean the other person is hacking...

Yes, I'm sure every Brazilian landhacker with 350 ping is just putting tape on his screen.

As admins mentioned it is hard for them to determine when macro is used since that mostly only shows on players screen, but it occasionally is caught by hackshield as well.If i remmember correctly, issue was that too many players were using mouse which has macro software implemented and the hackshield outright banned a big part of the population.
With too many players storming forums and claiming this, they unbanned most and corrected the hackshield so that it is not as agressive.

We are still banning players but mostly based on player reports, and when proper video proof is provided.

Would you like to add anything @Sparkle @IronLady ?
Macro issue is in part botting and i think it should not be allowed at all, since players enjoy abusing this.

Macro issue is in part botting and i think it should not be allowed at all, since players enjoy abusing this.

Here's the thing: if you "bot" simple things with your actual mouse software (i.e. make macros to do two actions one after the other or something harmless like that), this will be picked up by any anticheat easily, however, if you actually bot them in AHK or any other scripting software, you can trivially add subtle randomized changes in mouse movement, keypress delay, and stuff like that.

Isn't it wrong that someone who's actually botting is less likely to be banned than someone with a decent mouse?

Here's the thing: if you "bot" simple things with your actual mouse software (i.e. make macros to do two actions one after the other or something harmless like that), this will be picked up by any anticheat easily, however, if you actually bot them in AHK or any other scripting software, you can trivially add subtle randomized changes in mouse movement, keypress delay, and stuff like that.

Isn't it wrong that someone who's actually botting is less likely to be banned than someone with a decent mouse?

Still i am not an expert on the matter, nor am i certain that these actions are not recorded in communication packets sent between user and the server, therefore i do not know what has higher or lower possibility to be flagged. Only tech team can respond on such matters.
The Admins did tell me that if players are caught on recording using any type of macro, they will be banned.
We have had several reports/appeals related to this.

Still i am not an expert on the matter, nor am i certain that these actions are not recorded in communication packets sent between user and the server

They're not, AHK scripts (the example I'm most familiar with) just simulate keypresses and mouse movements, so there's nothing related to it that's sent, unless the anticheat is intrusive enough to specifically look for the AHK process in memory or something like that.

Also, as you said in the previous post, we both know that you can't exactly "catch on recording" someone using a macro/script so it's a really weird situation to be in.

Hi!

Macros were previously discussed but will repeat it here.
Though macros are not bannable for now, however that doesn't mean you can feel free to use them. There are many different types of macros. For example, if you have a gaming mouse, it will have some extra buttons that you can tune for macros. Though it's still just a mouse, not any hack program, that is still macros. Making it bannable can just lead to half of the playerbase banned, but we all don't want it.

Though macros are not bannable right now we don't recommend them to be used. Some macros can make you act as a bot and botting is bannable. Some macros can help you overspeed more than maximum speed possible in game if you play fairly. Speed hacking is bannable. So, even if macros are not bannable, they can still lead to the cases that are bannable. Due to it please think twice before using them :)

Looks like Sparkle has cleared the air on this matter. I will lock this thread and sticky it for a few weeks so everyone can have a chance to review this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back