What's new

Farming and Gathering

Amatarasu

Hi guys i was wondering if there's anything can be done about farming proficiency, more specifically the farming and gathering speeds, just like mining and logging. You can mine and cut down the trees super fast while gathering seeds feels like an eternity, i always fall asleep in my chair doing that. Also, can you guys increase the stack sizes (up to 10k) of Tomato, Garlic, Pumpkin, Barley, and other stuff needed for cooking pretty please, im starting running out of bag space. And thank you for your hard work, much appreciated.

Proficiency does increase speed of farming its just the animation of the action that looks slower. As to stack sizes we have already done 2 rounds of them now. Please watch to forms to see if Sparkle announces a third round and make sure you get your items listed in that specific form.

I don't know if you are already doing this but there are ways to increase the speed such as sleeping in a bed to get the Good Day to Work buff and using dawnsdrop gear. With high proficiency and the tips above, you pick so fast you don't even see a cast bar and your character barely does the picking animation.

I don't know if you are already doing this but there are ways to increase the speed such as sleeping in a bed to get the Good Day to Work buff and using dawnsdrop gear. With high proficiency and the tips above, you pick so fast you don't even see a cast bar and your character barely does the picking animation.
Thanks for these other tips as well Pandie

it is true about what you say, but even with no buffs such as these and low proficiency lvl i was able to mine and cut the trees like really fast, so i was wondering why gathering is different.
Please watch to forms to see if Sparkle announces a third round and make sure you get your items listed in that specific form.
I will do just that, thank you Ariess and Pandie.

Something that kinda bothers me is that you have a nice 50% increased bonus in vocational activities, and have alot of ways to increase said speed, but the global cooldown to get another seed in the ground is too big ad it holds you down alot.

If you're like me and the majority of the farmers,you'll replant while gathering or farming, and it gets really annoying as you can gather very fast(like 0,9 seconds), but have to wait to place down the following seed ( 2~3 seconds on the global cooldown)

Something that kinda bothers me is that you have a nice 50% increased bonus in vocational activities, and have alot of ways to increase said speed, but the global cooldown to get another seed in the ground is too big ad it holds you down alot.

If you're like me and the majority of the farmers,you'll replant while gathering or farming, and it gets really annoying as you can gather very fast(like 0,9 seconds), but have to wait to place down the following seed ( 2~3 seconds on the global cooldown)
yeah that global CD is too annoying, but i don't think they can change that so i didn't ask about it.

yeah that global CD is too annoying, but i don't think they can change that so i didn't ask about it.

A few months ago they were able to reduce the planting GCDs by 25% or so. Who knows, they might be willing to bring it down some more.

Yes, im not even complaining about that either, they've made so much for us and thats minor, im just stating that its a bit annoying when you plant and gather for living :3, but thats nothing we can't deal with, or even gamebreaking, i guess there are more pressing matters to be attended right now! But maybe in the future when things calm down, this could be looked at <3

Proficiency does increase speed of farming its just the animation of the action that looks slower.
i went on official servers today to compare the cast speeds for mining, logging, gathering and farming, all four cast times =4 seconds each with proficiency lvl below 10k , while on our server mining and logging takes 2 seconds and gathering/farming takes same 4 seconds just like on official servers. Every test was done with low lvl proficiency. Sorry if im annoying you with this but it like i said before i just want to know why gathering/farming is different from mining/logging on our server. (Disclaimer: i do know that i can increase the cast times for it with buffs and gears...always did)

I did note that using my seedbeds seemed to have increased in time in ArcheRage 3.0 vs ArcheRage 2.9, so it's possible that the gathering actions do not have the increase in speed that other proficiencies have, which is probably just an oversight.

Back