What's new

[Forum Event] Christmas Handmade ArcheRage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Christmas_Handmade_ArcheRage.png

Are you already caught up in the pre-Christmas rush?
Let's craft something that will remind us this Christmas about ArcheRage!

Time to feel Winter Holidays and Christmas Spirit!
Crafters, makers and artists don't miss it!

Task & Requirements:

• It should be your own unique handmade item Winter or Christmas in ArcheRage related. (Note: Digital arts will not be accepted, however, hand-drawn can participate.)
  • The max number of works per the participant - 2. Even if both are worth winning, only one best will receive a winning place.
  • Can be done in pairs but in that case reward will be split up between the pair-winner members.
  • On the photo of your finished handmade item include a piece of paper with words "ArcheRage Christmas 2023" and your IGN(s) (both written by hand).
  • Include 3-5 photos:
    • 2 photos of the work on item in progress.
    • 1-3 photos of the finished item.
  • Important! Main photo with a finished item + words "ArcheRage Christmas 2023" and your IGN can be posted as it is. The remaining photos should be hidden under the spoiler.

Rewards:
1st place
5000 credits + one of the winter costumes from the Christmas shop at winner’s choice + Large Snowflake Decor + Ollo's Sleigh decor + title “Holly Jolly” *
2nd place 4000 credits + one of the winter costumes from the Christmas shop at winner’s choice + Large Snowflake Decor + Ollo's Sleigh decor + title “Holly Jolly
3rd place3000 credits + one of the winter costumes from the Christmas shop at winner’s choice + Ollo's Sleigh decor + title “Holly Jolly
4th-5th place*** – 2000 credits + Ollo's Sleigh decor + title “Holly Jolly

* Title “Holly Jolly”: Artistry, Handicraft, Cooking, and Alchemy +5k
** More participants may be awarded, depending on the number of the participants who qualify and efforts involved.

Last day of the event - December, 22nd

Unfortunate, this year is busier for me than last year so I won't be able to participate again, but still looking forward to all handcrafted creations 😍

Last edited:
So I couldn't do my first idea because I realised I wouldn't have anywhere to store it, and I didn't want to make something just to bin it... (Spoiler: I wanted to recreate my Christmas House from the other forum event!)
And then I couldn't do my second idea because the items I ordered wouldn't arrive in time. (But it means I am well prepared for an Easter crafting event if one happens and I'm super excited for it!)
It took me a while but I finally had a third idea. It's not my best but I wanted to try. I love the forum events. I hope more people enter this one! I love to see what ideas people come up with! (But I get it, xmas is super busy.)

I made some of the cute Christmas Weapon Skins out of clay - the Neverending Gobsmacker, the Gingerbread Buckler. the Tree-Topper Chipper, the Winter Wonderlance, the Lollipop Longstaff and Rudolphs Redoubt. And I designed a couple of baubles from some spares I had featuring A logo we all know so well.
The weapons were originally supposed to be tree decorations but the clay is way too heavy so they are display pieces for now.

Merry Christmas everyone (and thanks to Vanilladrizzle for the Marketplace videos they make each week. They're so useful and they helped me get good looks at these weapons.)

(To be clear I did not make the card, it was just a nice way to do the handwritten note)

IMG_20231222_224947.jpg

IMG_20231221_211910.jpg
IMG_20231222_215758.jpg

Edit2: The items for my 2nd idea arrived on the morning of the event closing. It's a doll I hope to style as Lapinn! I was going to make a christmas costume for her but I can wait and design something to suit her true form, Easter Bunny instead! Luckily the clay weapons I made were roughly the right size for the doll so I took some fun photos. They are too heavy for her to hold so excuse my hands propping them up. (And I was working against the clock because the forum thread could close any moment now.

lapinndollxmas.png

IMG_20231222_225024.jpg

Edit1: Whoaahhh - I just checked back at last years event and there were so many fantastic entries!! :O I hope in the morning there are a ton more entries for this years event too! Y'all are just being sneaky and saving them for the last moment, right? Right?!

Last edited:
So I couldn't do my first idea because I realised I wouldn't have anywhere to store it, and I didn't want to make something just to bin it...
And then I couldn't do my second idea because the items I ordered won't arrive in time. (But it means I am well prepared for an Easter crafting event if one happens and I'm super excited for it!)
It took me a while but I finally have a THIRD idea which I'm starting now so I hope I'll get it finished in time. It's hard to tell with time zones but I think I have tonight to craft and tomorrow night UK time to paint? Here's hoping anyway!
You can follow the time by checking the time in game or on the server.
Right now you have evening and the full next day.

SHRINKY DINKS ORNAMENTS
IGN: Num

For those of you who don't know the term, Shrinky Dinks are a childrens activity from the US in the 70s and 80s, a time when baking plastic in the oven seemed like a fantastic craft project for children. You color onto special plastic, cut it out in the shape you want, and then bake it for a few minutes. The plastic shrinks and hardens and the colors get bolder. We used to tape them to our windows as kids to let the sun shine through.

I don't think any of us actually made sure (then or now) that we weren't inhaling toxic chemicals from it.
Maybe that explains everything!

Anyhow, while making the pinata at halloween, I realized that making shrinky dinks xmas tree ornaments this year would be hilarious, so I found the special plastic online and had a go at it. This is how it turned out.

final.png

Starting mats and screenshots of ingame inspiration.
You all know how I love my snowmans right? They've been featured the last 2 years in my handcrafted entries, so of course they'd be here too!!

starting.png

All colored in and ready to be cut out!

coloring.png

Ready for the oven (please excuse the decades old label on the back of my cookie sheet. Its an antique!

raw.png

And then, hilarity struck! because none of my handcrafted entries ever go smoothly.....

Untitled.png

the template I used for the ornament size was a pint glass. They shrunk down to the size of a quarter. This is what comes from not having made Shrinky Dinks in 35 years!

The original plan was to use the excess plastic from the cut sheets to make presents to match the ones we smash in Marianople and Austera, but with this level shrinkage, they'd be invisible!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Attachments

• tree.png
    tree.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 19
Winners:
1st place
- @nemnem (IGN: Num)
2nd place - @Lapinn (IGN: Lapinn)
3rd place - @Animosity (IGN: Animosity)

Great crafts! Really like them and pretty sure others too. Hope you enjoyed creating them, had fun and some ArcheRage Christmas mood.
I wish you Happy Holidays!
Rewards will be sent within the next few hours.

Also, please contact me with your costume choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back