What's new

Forum Suggestions

Junyoung

As the community continues to grow, both here on the forums and the private server, I noticed that a few "quality of life" things are missing. These are just a few simple suggestions which I would really like to see implemented. As always, please feel free to discuss below. ^^

I88cYiR.png

General Discussion
From what I've seen, the forums currently have no general discussion category. There is a "Game Debate" category, but that is much more specific and debate oriented. A general discussion category under the "ArcheRage World" title would be really useful for just wanting to talk about the game, share things that's happened, etc..

Artwork & Creation
Like general discussion, there's no category on the forums for players to share their art work, videos, and other creations. There is an "off-topic" category, but that is far too vague of a section, and should be used for topics not relevant to Archeage.

The below suggestions are nothing big, but just some simple organizing tips~

Skills & Classes

Within the Skills and Classes category, there should be sub-boards for the style of the class. Since Archeage has an extreme amount of builds, labeling the sub-boards after a specific class name wouldn't work. So for example, it would go:

Skills & Classes
>Melee DPS
> Ranged DPS
> Support & Healer

This makes finding and creating threads for one's class easier to find, since it's based off of the play style of their class.

Administrative Bulletin

The "Beginner Tips" category can be a bit confusing, or missed by newer players- since it's not in the category they would be looking for tips/guides from. The Useful Beginners Info thread should be in the Game Guides category, and then pinned. Lastly, the What to start from thread would be better in the FAQ category.

Latest Information

The "News", "Updates", and "In-game & Forum Events" categories should be one category, such as "News & Announcements", then have sub-boards. So for example:

News & Announcements (category)
> Patch Notes (where you list what changed within the latest patch)
> News & Announcements (where you announce the upcoming patches & news)
> In game & Forum Events (where you announce contests & events)

Reports & Ban Appeals + Technical Support

The "Report and Ban Appeals" category under the "ArcheRage World" title should be moved to the "Technical Support" area, and then Technical Support should be renamed to just "Support".

So it would go:

Support (title)
Server Issues (category)
Client Side Issues (category)
Reports & Ban Appeals (category)

I also think, since this private server has a cash shop, that there should be a billing and purchase category under "Support" for errors & bugs with cash items.

I88cYiR.png

Those are all of the suggestions I have for the forums. The private server devs are doing a great job listening to the player base, and maintaining the private server. Thank you for taking the time to read this~ ^^
tenor.gif

Back