What's new

Game Review: Read if you plan to start or to continue playing ArcheRage

Wow, this is one hell of a bad review.

If your argument had been to bring back people to Trion's new Fresh Start server somewhere in February 2018 based on Trion making promises, I'd have been "alright, it's a shitty argument because we all know Trino are lying cunts" but if you believe their lies, maybe it can make sense.

But going back to a legacy server ran by fucking Trino?

Are you high as fuck?

First, I'm not an admin anymore, but you can definitely expect your post to be removed by the Admins because one of the rules of this forum states that it's illegal to promote another game or server.

Second, let's go deeper into this rambling nonsense of yours.

1)You're comparing a one month old fresh start server running on 2.9 with the economy of a legacy server running on 3.7b. Comparing real gold values as if they actually have any sense. Jesus fuck.

2)You're visibly a kid who has no idea how the game is played by several of your comments.

3)Yes, land is taken on this server. Again, see #2. All land being taken and used is part of a healthy server population. If land becomes open and nobody takes it because the few remaining players already have enough, it's not a good sign. I know some of yall carebear fucks will think: "holy molly, this is so nice, I can finally own my 300x300 fuckedup anime domain with 3.2 million pieces of decoration" but for the most part, it's a clear signal that the game isn't doing well.

4)You really have a bizarre fixation with enjoying sunsets on a game.

5)Comparing ArcheRage's credit values with an AA Legacy Server gold values is retarded, again. If you want to compare two currencies, you need to measure them in purchasing power; what can your ArcheRage's credits allow you to purchase compared to gold on AA's legacies? The answer to that is: a lot more. Anyone who has taken but a quick look at the two Cash Shops can easily confirm that.

6)You have never seen that many people buying credits? Either you're lying or you've never been on a fresh start server with a decent population. Judging from your experience here, however, you took yesterday as an indicator of how things went without properly informing yourself first: yesterday was a field day for credit selling because it was the first time the donation shop was open in two weeks. All the people who had waited to buy credits for one thing or another were asking to buy some. So yeah, ofc., there was tons of people asking to buy credits, duh.

7)Your maths of 100k USD = 30k credits = 3k gold is simply off. 1k credits is currently selling at 265g. It has been moving a lot since yesterday but the lowest is got was 190g. We can safely assume an average price of 235g that will only go up. As such, 100k USD = 30k credits = 7,050g. But that's by selling credits out right, which is far from efficient, as it's often preferable to sell stuff you can purchase on the cash shop, even if it takes longer. Let's still go with this 7.1k figure, for the sake of argument. You then compare that with... the sale of a 150$ USD (uh, that's 50% extra btw) on AA that should be worth 20k according to you (I don't even want to look it up). 20k on a legacy server vs. 7.1k on a fresh start server? I'll take the 7.1k.

8)Schooners, fishing boats and freighters are cheaper here than on AA, especially the Freighter because it requires a Hauler + Freighter tickets and they're tremendously cheaper here.

9)Your conclusions are on par with the rest of your post. Yes, the price of credits go up. It does that on virtually every game that doesn't have enough of a gold sink.

No, it's not only people who p2w who can afford to follow the gear score. It's just that 80% of the playerbase is financially illiterate and have no idea how to produce gold. They do pointless activities where they waste hours producing zero gold. They're too afraid to lower the number of people they bring to money making activities (because "risk") and so they split the revenues ten-ways instead of growing a proper set and doing that with only one friend but accepting that sometimes, you'll get jumped by 10 retards.

They do shit packs to shit-tier locations. They use bad classes to farm coinpurses badly, often bringing friends to do what one solo player should be doing, further dividing their profits. They have four guys sitting on a single fishing boat. When they finally get a bit of gold, they invest it poorly; they buy pets. They get costumes and mounts. Then, a month down the line, they complain about p2w whales who would control all content.

You're a prime example with your insistence of getting "houses" and enjoying them for the "beautiful sunsets".

P.S: It became extremely easy to get divine gear on regular AA because patches made it so. Grats on getting what is essentially celestial gear here.

Why do you assume I read? Here, I have explained below.

You can't parse [X]HTML with regex. Because HTML can't be parsed by regex. Regex is not a tool that can be used to correctly parse HTML. As I have answered in HTML-and-regex questions here so many times before, the use of regex will not allow you to consume HTML. Regular expressions are a tool that is insufficiently sophisticated to understand the constructs employed by HTML. HTML is not a regular language and hence cannot be parsed by regular expressions. Regex queries are not equipped to break down HTML into its meaningful parts. so many times but it is not getting to me. Even enhanced irregular regular expressions as used by Perl are not up to the task of parsing HTML. You will never make me crack. HTML is a language of sufficient complexity that it cannot be parsed by regular expressions. Even Jon Skeet cannot parse HTML using regular expressions. Every time you attempt to parse HTML with regular expressions, the unholy child weeps the blood of virgins, and Russian hackers pwn your webapp. Parsing HTML with regex summons tainted souls into the realm of the living. HTML and regex go together like love, marriage, and ritual infanticide. The <center> cannot hold it is too late. The force of regex and HTML together in the same conceptual space will destroy your mind like so much watery putty. If you parse HTML with regex you are giving in to Them and their blasphemous ways which doom us all to inhuman toil for the One whose Name cannot be expressed in the Basic Multilingual Plane, he comes. HTML-plus-regexp will liquify the nerves of the sentient whilst you observe, your psyche withering in the onslaught of horror. Rege̿̔̉x-based HTML parsers are the cancer that is killing StackOverflow it is too late it is too late we cannot be saved the trangession of a chi͡ld ensures regex will consume all living tissue (except for HTML which it cannot, as previously prophesied) dear lord help us how can anyone survive this scourge using regex to parse HTML has doomed humanity to an eternity of dread torture and security holes using regex as a tool to process HTML establishes a breach between this world and the dread realm of c͒ͪo͛ͫrrupt entities (like SGML entities, but more corrupt) a mere glimpse of the world of regex parsers for HTML will instantly transport a programmer's consciousness into a world of ceaseless screaming, he comes, the pestilent slithy regex-infection will devour your HTML parser, application and existence for all time like Visual Basic only worse he comes he comes do not fight he com̡e̶s, ̕h̵is un̨ho͞ly radiańcé destro҉ying all enli̍̈́̂̈́ghtenment, HTML tags lea͠ki̧n͘g fr̶ǫm ̡yo͟ur eye͢s̸ ̛l̕ik͏e liquid pain, the song of re̸gular expression parsing will extinguish the voices of mortal man from the sphere I can see it can you see ̲͚̖͔̙î̩́t̲͎̩̱͔́̋̀ it is beautiful the final snuffing of the lies of Man ALL IS LOŚ͖̩͇̗̪̏̈́T ALL IS LOST the pon̷y he comes he c̶̮omes he comes the ichor permeates all MY FACE MY FACE ᵒh god no NO NOO̼OO NΘ stop the an*̶͑̾̾̅ͫ͏̙̤g͇̫͛͆̾ͫ̑͆l͖͉̗̩̳̟̍ͫͥͨe̠̅s ͎a̧͈͖r̽̾̈́͒͑e not rè̑ͧ̌aͨl̘̝̙̃ͤ͂̾̆ ZA̡͊͠͝LGΌ ISͮ̂҉̯͈͕̹̘̱ TO͇̹̺ͅƝ̴ȳ̳ TH̘Ë͖́̉ ͠P̯͍̭O̚N̐Y̡ H̸̡̪̯ͨ͊̽̅̾̎Ȩ̬̩̾͛ͪ̈́̀́͘ ̶̧̨̱̹̭̯ͧ̾ͬC̷̙̲̝͖ͭ̏ͥͮ͟Oͮ͏̮̪̝͍M̲̖͊̒ͪͩͬ̚̚͜Ȇ̴̟̟͙̞ͩ͌͝S̨̥̫͎̭ͯ̿̔̀ͅ

this cant be unseen

This server is in a really good place right now, they did fix donations and if they do the same with shield, its a keeper.

People can just create a char and walk around ingame to see how its like ,words cant describe this world.

How many people are going to post here spending their entire afternoon crying about not being able to get land instead of actually spending that time making money to get land?

I got 4 new pieces of land just yesterday. Why can't you do it?

:thinking:

@Ulfnaor that was the kind of reply o was expecting.

You're absolutelly correct on your arguments.

And i deleted because i have been proved to be wrong by @Ulfnaor, not because of memes made by some brain dead Ret**** who acted like common cattle and spoke sh** about things they havent read about due to pre-concept of its contents.

Ignorant people feed the world's system with shait, why would a single person care about this kind of meme If creating memes is all some people can Produce (but poop) ;)

Thanks again @Ulfnaor

You post seemed critical of the game but didn't break any rules.

I'm open to discussion and wished you wouldn't delete.

It's okay to be critical about something and not having to censor it.

Since OP deleted the post, Ill post my archive of it for future generations:

Hello community,

Please, forgive my english, its not my main language. I'll do my best!

Lets try to build an enlightening knowledge here, i hope that everyone that reads this post, instead of criticizing what i'll bring, just analise it clearly so we can, together, get to somewhere. Understand that i'm just trying to help and think with you. ArcheRage is hitting a month of existance, this MUST be discussed. Even because we put our money in it.

Just like everyone else, i came to ArcheRage hoping to finally live again the vanilla days where the game was crowded with people and there was plenty of things to do all the time, 24/7. And because i was enraged with the path this game has been led to.

I've embarked on this game a week ago, so MY PERSPECTIVE of view is totally different as of someone who came on day one of launch and basically have no social life, plays 15 hours/day and managed to fill a whole sanddeep island with Treehouses. That being said, let me list a few conclusions/obervations i've taken so far:

1st. (Warning to the new players): There is ABSOLUTELLY NO piece of land available if you plan to set a decent sized lot in order to plant your stuff, farm, age larders or whatever. NO! There is NO land. Unless you consider "fun" and productive to have a couple 8x8 lands spreaded all around in the middle of tons of other people's treehouses. I have checked even the small islands in the middle of the Halcyona Gulf. Btw, the guy who set a treehouse in there probably has no clue why he did it, everything he knew was he had to burn some real cash and claim a land in the middle of nowhere and plant pine trees for mere greed and vanity.

2nd. Treehouses are worth no more than 28x28 meters in the field. Its extremelly cheap assuming you buy it with 250 golds (equivalent to 2k credits) and is nearly instantly set, with low requirements of mats.

3rd. NO SIR, those millions of treehouses will NOT go away. Tax certificates are nearly FREE on archeRage, which means that people WILL maintain their blueish treehouses even to only cultivate oxygen in them, fertilize the soil or just to see the new players outside their personal neighbourhood trying to set a 8x8 with no success.
(I mean, WTF is wrong with many ppl of this game's community? why so greedy? why so dumb? If you like setting 8-10 plots all around having no purpose, just go play a single player game. Did you realise that ANYONE that start playing archerage FROM TODAY ON will have no place to set his piece of land? to build a house under a nice sunset? only because a mor** believing himself smart came first and washed away 100 dollars on blueprints of blue treehouses to put everywhere. Archeage gamers' brains should be studied. Over 20 years playing all kinds of MMO and sandboxes and i've never seen so harmful and mean community of players in a single game)

4th. I have NEVER seen so many people buying credits (diamonds) all around in the chat. It may not be a P2W game yet, but i'm pretty sure its not what it seems assuming the amount of currency trades circling on the chat every 30 seconds (maybe 5secs on the peak hours). Yes it is cheap! Yes, people are buying most of it with gold... but someone has to be supplying it. The high demands on the 1k and 2k pack of credits are increasing on the amount of people paying real money for it
(BTW, for your information, in case you havent noticed, your 10 dollars are worth cr** in ArcheRage - by cr**, understand 100g - 3 aged packs of cheese made in ahnimar, if you consider what 100 gold is on the official server).

-- Now, lets do a simple math in here. Those credits are a rotative currency that's consumable at its final. Which means that the dollar a person spends in the first time, ends its course as a CONSUMABLE item in-game. Mostly people are buying credits for wagon tickets, pack storage, building tokens that either vanishes out of thin air or become bound (producing no "matter" in-game, can't be traded over and over, moving the economy). Now, lets consider one of the hundreds of people that are buying the 100 USD pack from the private server store.

Considering it will generate 30k credits (its less than this but lets ease your calcs):
100 USD = 30,000 credits = ~about 3,000 gold.

Wait, what??! YES! 150 dollars in the official Archeage gives you the Eternal Erenor Archeum Pack (worth over 20k gold if you sell everything in the pack). In ArcheRage is worth no more than 5,000 gold if you get lucky and sell to an unadvised player. (I'm not asking anyone to return to play archeage. If the game's beauty didn't convince you or if an hour of birds noising at sport fishing in the middle of the ocean doesn't bring you peace irl, you wont return anyway, but WHAAAAA?!)

With everything i have on AA after 3 months, i could buy a brand new car if i sell my account for that ratio of dollar/gold. Shoulda leave my job here and deliver packs to make 30 dollars/day on that ratio.

What can you do with 3,000 gold in archeRRage after all?

Well, you can probably build yourself a fishing boat, a schooner and a freighter with 3k gold (same as in AA, because the things are no cheaper than in the official server overall).

(If tearing your money isn't enough for you):
What are the consequences for the game, in the long term?

There can be two and only two:
1. Considering that the most of the people playing "the Poors' version of a rich's game" do not have that amount of money to spend frequently, over and over, they (if played intelligently) will already have builded a whole structure (WITHOUT A HOUSE if you haven't one by the time) to self-sustain themselves with gold-only (causing a HUGE demand for credits - even bigger than we see now), simultaneously to the exponential DEcrease of the amount of people selling it, causing a big INcrease on the price of credits in-game -----> becoming, guess what? No, its not a Dejà Vu, its ARCHEAGE [2].

or

2. This game will be crowded with common men with a couple bound valuable items, yet insuficient to enrich them enough to buy competitive gear (which is already at the 4k GS and growing fast). While there will be a few group of folks (that either are rich IRL or are in the first dominant guilds that's raising - also fast), commanding not just the lands, but the AH, the market prices for credits such as the ladders of ranking. ----> becoming, guess what? Also not a Dejà Vu affecting you again. It's the very thing you've condemned and led you to go find another game option several times: PAY-TO-WIN

If there was a good possible fate to come, other than these two above, we would have found the world's solution to poverty: All we would have to do is to lower the prices, offer free lands and charge no taxes to everyone. (o_O)

The ONLY way out would be to make the game entirelly free or maintain the current system, but with a MUST to include limitators somehow on everything that's not costume in the marketplace, time limitators or w/e (i'm not profiting from it and not an employee, so its not my obligation to provide solutions). In another words, the solution would be one that does NOT include GREED, VANITY and DESIRE FOR PROFIT in the real life of the "veteran developers".

(CONTINUE - part 1/2)

(CONTINUE - part 2/2)

This is what people can't see because are too amazed with that 3 weeks old idea that we're discussing here. In a fast paced game like ArcheRRRage, 4k gear is NOTHING, 6k gear will be the average for the DEDICATED player (with lands) but you will only be competitive if you're 8k+ GS (with alot of lands). And that in a very near future.

An easier game, w/ fast paced progress and with TONS of people playing WILL cause inevitably higher requirements if you wanna be competitive. And if you're not rich (or stupid) enough to burn thousands of dollars or if you're not a NO-LIFE person - if you have a job, you like dating with a girl/boy or likes to remember that there's sun outside your room -, then i'm sorry to tell you this prophecy but: you're fated to be just another name outside of the rankings.

The facility of ArcheRage is only APPARENT. No solutions are coming but the inevitable ARCHEAGE fate that we all grieve: The so called and avoided p2w. The only difference is that it is disguised with apparent CHEAP credits and apparent EASY LIFE.

This only shows us that either our "new gods" have absolutelly NO CLUE of what they're doing or they are being smartly mean by stealing Trion's creation and doing the very same thing that XL Games did on AA but with a disguise, an illusion, to enrich themselves while behind a false flag of "we are with you players, we don't like what AA has become and we want to make it better". I rather to believe they have not a damn clue on where their empowerment over another people's game is going.

Lets be franks with each other. If we're going to be missled by some lost guys playing god, even if they're well intentioned, that has already started with an illegal act (stealing another's company game - even being a terrible company that ruined the best sandbox ever made for pure greed), lets just be fooled while we play the original one, where your dollar bill is worth at least 5 times more and without seeing blue treehouses every-single-where, even on the smallest islands. Lets play one that hasn't an even more uncertain future than Trion's game and without a single chance of being bought by another company or given to another leadership that will finally solve te game's issues and become a legendary game again (happened before to another titles).

Just like you, i miss the golden ages. I miss 2013-2014 days of AA. I'm angry with the pit that trion/XL thrown a MASTERPIECE game, an astonishing game, an unforgettable game. I dislike official marketplace that took me 300 bucks in 3 months of gameplay only to lead me to 4k GS (although it was my choice to accelerate the process), where you have to plant players on the ground and hope for a thunderstruck in order to find a group for GHA or a 1v1. I'm also not happy with the idea that there are some items on Archeage that i'll either take months of hard work to achieve or i'll never manage to take cause i'm not a no-life dude that can live in front of the computer while the bills pay themselves alone.

But its not for these reasons that i'll end up selling myself to the first ILLUSION that came up. That i'll grab the first unknown hooded guy's hand and go with him to wherever he takes me in exchange of a lolipop...

...because doing this wont fill your hearts. You'll be only plugging leaks with your hands: soon you'll need more fingers.

Just imagine one thing: WHAT IF in a certain time, at a certain patch, TRION just decides to change because of the loss their having, or they just see how wrong they were. What if you have been there all the time?

Archeage is slow progressing yes, but you can get there if you use your resources wisely. At least your money is worth more than 3k gold in there. In a month i got myself a full divine set on Archeage only using freighter, having three 24x24 farms and playing 4 hours/day. And that was enjoying sunsets and nice views. If you play the game for its MEANS, for its BEAUTIES, it will satisfy you either way, even if you don't be the top ranks of the game. And you don't need to see blue treehouses everywhere dealing with a game that offers you 100 GOLDS for 5 DOLLARS.

I could also mention all the other arguments already circling around like:

i) the castle issues, unviability or monopoly;
ii) the rumors of people having direct access to the GM's and being benefited from it;
iii) all the kinds of hacks and took Trion so long to fight against, which is back and stonger at ArcheRage;
iv) the possibility of the GM themselves control inderectly the prices;
v) the action raising against the registered trademark for the steal;
vi) the limitations for being a copied game, can't innovate or create, only copy existent things and change the codes; and
vii) all the rest to come, after all, ArcheRage is up for only 3 weeks so far.

And there goes all my afternoon. I couldn't just leave ArcheRage. I hope to bring some back to AA even to only enjoy freely the sunsets all around
Mendingo - nuian at Reckoning,
Thanks for reading.

It's lots of assumptions and predictions, and it's all negative. I do agree that the land situation is bad, but that's the game's design. The only way it got bearable on officials was when the game slowly died, but i'd rather a healthy game where i'll have to buy my plot rather than dead game where free spots are all over.
And i think it is too early to predict how this server will turn out, right now in my opinion it's pretty cool.

@Lquid do whatever you want child. You're cattle of Trump you're rotten meat :D
thesong of re̸gular expression parsing will extinguish the voices of mortal man from the sphere I can see it can you see ̲͚̖͔̙î̩́t̲͎̩̱͔́̋̀ it is beautiful the final snuffing of the lies of Man ALL IS LOŚ͖̩͇̗̪̏̈́T ALL IS LOSTthe pon̷y he comes he c̶̮omes he comes the ichor permeates all MY FACE MY FACE ᵒh god no NONOO̼OO NΘ stop the an*̶͑̾̾̅ͫ͏̙̤g͇̫͛͆̾ͫ̑͆l͖͉̗̩̳̟̍ͫͥͨe̠̅s ͎a̧͈͖r̽̾̈́͒͑e not rè̑ͧ̌aͨl̘̝̙̃ͤ͂̾̆ZA̡͊͠͝LGΌ ISͮ̂҉̯͈͕̹̘̱ TO͇̹̺ͅƝ̴ȳ̳ TH̘Ë͖́̉ ͠P̯͍̭O̚N̐Y̡ H̸̡̪̯ͨ͊̽̅̾̎Ȩ̬̩̾͛ͪ̈́̀́͘ ̶̧̨̱̹̭̯ͧ̾ͬC̷̙̲̝͖ͭ̏ͥͮ͟Oͮ͏̮̪̝͍M̲̖͊̒ͪͩͬ̚̚͜Ȇ̴̟̟͙̞ͩ͌͝S̨̥̫͎̭ͯ̿̔̀ͅ

@Rishiko the land concept MUST change. Taxes must cost more asap, dont u think?
Not at all. If you knew anything about the game you would know that castles are not available yet, and when they do become available this weekend there will be a new land rush. This should free up some of the land elsewhere since there will be a ton of land becoming available with castles.

Also to go along with castles, if you own land in a territory controlled by another nation the taxes go up (by double I think?). That being said the tax certs are not balanced for the 4x labor gain of this server. You could easily craft the certs you need to maintain large amounts of land in addition to whatever else you do in a day like crafting/coinpurses.

Tl;dr: You don;t know shit about this server so please stop posting dumb shit.

Back