What's new

Gem Simulator

People are really not that lazy grinding game events and stuff if it would actually mean they got return on investment, this gemming is really high risk, low reward. For the high risk, high reward stuff I really won't argue upon those topics and how it is now to be honest. Since you either have a chance to gamble yourself or hoard/grind money sand save up for most things. Unlike gemming/buying untradable gems and encouraging scamming that way.

Hold my beer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180222-160338.png
    Screenshot_20180222-160338.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 298
It's properly socketing 2 gems at 100% success rate @Ariess . This is my attempt just now. Ran 6-7 simulations and the first 2 gems never broke, only broke going to the 3rd gem.

ZTPJ3Rl.png

I also ran the simulation from my IDE for 100000 cycles:

Average: 127 gems
Honor: 91k

However, the real problem is the standard deviation:

Std.dev: 120

With the deviation this high, you literally can socket within 7 gems straight up, or run through 247 gems about 68 % of the time. This is done by calculating the sqrt of the variance with Java math functions. I'm not great with statistics do if anyone with good stats background want me to supply some data feel free to private msg me

I also ran the simulation from my IDE for 100000 cycles:

Average: 127 gems
Honor: 91k

However, the real problem is the standard deviation:

Std.dev: 120

With the deviation this high, you literally can socket within 7 gems straight up, or run through 247 gems about 68 % of the time. This is done by calculating the sqrt of the variance with Java math functions. I'm not great with statistics do if anyone with good stats background want me to supply some data feel free to private msg me
HOW do you know the percent rates on geming?

They don't know the present rates of geming but as long as this thread stays on topic and we see no flaming then have fun with it but again just to state without knowing the rates of geming this private server has take the results for what there worth but go ahead and have fun because that's what we're all here for is having fun and enjoying a version of the game that is 10 times better then Trion

I have assumed 50% chance based on experience, testimony, and observation from gemming videos on YouTube. I haven't seen strong evidence that rates change as you go further down. I also believe the simulations have been pretty reflective of my own experience.
So basically: I'm guessing

They don't know the present rates of geming but as long as this thread stays on topic and we see no flaming then have fun with it but again just to state without knowing the rates of geming this private server has take the results for what there worth but go ahead and have fun because that's what we're all here for is having fun and enjoying a version of the game that is 10 times better then Trion
Then here's the kicker, and boy is it one. Tell us the rng, and then an accurate one can be make, assuming this one isn't accurate.
Also read my signature. I'm not sure on your last point

Can the socket rates be released to us? With it being a private server I really don't see the need for all the secrecy on certain rates. Is this something that can be talked about or is it out of the question? The reason there are no good resource websites created is because there is SO MUCH information shrouded and people can't do much with nothing.

I have assumed 50% chance based on experience, testimony, and observation from gemming videos on YouTube. I haven't seen strong evidence that rates change as you go further down. I also believe the simulations have been pretty reflective of my own experience.
So basically: I'm guessing
What i feared wish we just knew 100% what the rates where coded in the game. One thing that just remains a mystery.

This will be my last post in this fun simulation as it is already being derailed (even by myself ) The dev's/admins have already stated they will not release that information.

This will be my last post in this fun simulation as it is already being derailed (even by myself ) The dev's/admins have already stated they will not release that information.

If you think this is derailing ( even tho it's clearly not ) why not just share those infos so we can have a proper simulator ?
Sounds fair to me.

Back