What's new

Gem Simulator

I always thought the socketing chances would be somewhat similar to the regrade chances, so maybe for science you could try with the regrade chance values instead of 50% flat and see if the socketing experience varies too much or it remains close to what it is in game.
2gkqXWo.jpg

I would use the no charm values starting from Unique, taking heroic and arcane as the 2 first slots at 100% or just go with the 100% from basic grade as the first slot and 100% for grand and then up with the no charm values.
I am not sure in 2.9 about the ship component regrade chances but I know it was 50% at some point and that ( and the lower cost among other things ) is why we see ship component regrades popping all day long, they either go up or blow up much like gems but it does seem to me that gems fail more than ship regrades and that would indicate lower chances than 50%, but its just my subjective observation and unless we get messages for succesful gem socketing like we do with regrades I wouldnt know.

Last edited:
Gods at this point everyone is better off saving 200k+ honor before trying to fully gem anything. Fortunately, getting honor isn't that difficult.

First two gems never broke.

Try 1:
9fOnXfA.png

Try 2: 45 gems // 34.650 honor
Try 3: 18 gems // 13.860 honor
Try 4: 25 gems // 19.250 honor
Try 5: 268 gems // 206.360 honor
Try 6: 218 gems // 167.860 honor
Try 7: 28 gems // 21.560 honor

Stopping here. Even based solely on RNG, this is... really bad. I shouldn't have a min of 18 gems and a max of 268.

Glad I never wanted to pvp. Trying to be competitive with this kind of luck isn't worth the time.

Back