What's new

Great Review of Why Private Servers Work

"Imagine you wrote a book, and it's your book"

They forgot the part where they put that awesome book on the ground and took a massive shit on it, and forced that literal shit upon the readers.

They set the book on fire. The burned the book and then said "for 100 more apex, we will burn another page and give it to a whale."

They fumbled every reprint of the book.

Trion drove us all away. If they were halfway competent, there would be no demand for a private server.

Excellent find Sidil! Thanks for posting.

I hope the ArcheRage team here watch it as well. Cause ArcheRage (at the moment) is the best MMO in the world! Please guys, don't stuff it up!

I also love the fact that she refers to version 2.9 as the 'Golden Age'. Cause that's how I feel as well.

Anyway, there's a lot to learn from this video. Especially for Trion themselves.

Great video.

I do want to point something out that i found Trion overlooked: ArcheRage uses Pixel Card codes for donation transactions(Game card codes like Steam cards essentially bought through a 3rd party vendor), so technically, no Credit Card or private financial information is even being stored on ArcheRage's end.

So for Trion to even fan the fears of a non-existent issue by stating "Credit Card information is not going to be safe" is pretty darn petty and self-evident they hadn't even bothered to research how ArcheRage accepts their donation payments.

Great video.

I do want to point something out that i found Trion overlooked: ArcheRage uses Pixel Card codes for donation transactions(Game card codes like Steam cards essentially bought through a 3rd party vendor), so technically, no Credit Card or private financial information is even being stored on ArcheRage's end.

So for Trion to even fan the fears of a non-existent issue by stating "Credit Card information is not going to be safe" is pretty darn petty and self-evident they hadn't even bothered to research how ArcheRage accepts their donation payments.

Hey Neoyoshi. Could you give me some more info about this Pixel Card thingy?

I really want to support this server, but I must admit, I'm a bit nervous about giving out my credit card details. Do you understand how it all works? Also, do you think it's safe?

Much appreciated.

Hey Neoyoshi. Could you give me some more info about this Pixel Card thingy?

I really want to support this server, but I must admit, I'm a bit nervous about giving out my credit card details. Do you understand how it all works? Also, do you think it's safe?

Much appreciated.

So effectively what we do, is we buy a "pixel card" from a third party vendor. That card acts much like a gift card in a store, giving us 16 digits to type into a "redeem your pixel card here" box on the donation portion of the ArcheRage site. You can buy this pixel card using paypal, a credit card, even gift cards (from what I can tell).

ArcheRage does not hold any credit card or payment information because of this. Trion however, does. So if Trion is ever hacked (and I strongly doubt their payment security is as good as they'd like you to believe it is), all of your payment information is lost.

@Tiptoe - I've used Pixel Card several times with various MMORPG's, and I've never had any reason to suspect it would be unsafe, because they are partnered with Paypal and other well-known payment vendors.

Paypal being an option to purchase the cards personally puts my mind at ease. :)

www.pixelgamecard.com

mNPy2Hi.png

Pixelcard means Archerage team has none of your private information or your credit card info. Using paypal with pixelcard adds paypal level security for your money. Basically, it is way more secure than Trion's method. Trion requires you to authenticate payment plan via Paypal so that they do not need to use your own authentication methods (2 factor) that add a ton of security to your payment means. Meaning anyone hacks your account, they can start buying up credits/apex without using your own safe secure measures you may have with Paypal or credit cards.

Basically, Archerage is more secure than Trion.

If you are a fan of this game, I would contribute to them. They are doing a great job, if they could find some budget to get in-game GMs to help deal with random hacks, they would be over the top.

Pixel card is awesome! I live in Brazil and it supports online transfer as payment! I dont have International card, and Trion had only Rixty for this payment method wich was a pain in the ass, i had problens for about two weeks untill rixty solved it!

Pixel card is like 10 mins and credits available!

... And ... They actually deserve it.

That's the point that Trion doesn't understand. None of us would even be here were it not for their terrible management of a pretty amazing game. They basically treated their customers like dirt and now they are finally starting to see the results of those actions. Just wait as the flood gates open from angry fans who leave their servers to come here. Personally, I'm much more willing to donate to these folks as they actually LISTEN.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. This is HILARIOUS. They're so mad. Oh my god. "We implemented bullshit RNG and cashgrab patches. WHY IS EVERYONE LEAVING US?!?!?!"

Amazing. Complete failure to listen to the community, from both XL and especially Trion's part. Trion consistently censors any type of negative comments on the game or their management, and wonders why people leave. They blame XL for everything that goes wrong too. Instead of tailoring the game for the NA community (which they could do) they just lazily implement and hope people will continue to shell out for their cashgrab bullshit.

XL games, on the other hand, continues to perplex with odd changes that only favor those that got that huge early game leg up, with massive guild/zerg techniques, or those who knew BattleRage was the king class and went with that early. From economy changes that make it harder to gear up to combat changes that reduce quality of life for every class that isn't darkrunner, it's clear they don't understand how to fix the issues the game has.

Last edited:
Back