What's new

Growling Yawl and Fire Ironclad

nebins

So there are 2 specialty vehicles in the game, the Growling Yawl boat and the Fire Ironclad. Both are EXTREMELY annoying to get as the design fragments only drop from a handful of mobs and even with the drop rate increased on stuff have a terrible chance of dropping (I've regularly farmed them for about a month now and only gotten like 4 yawl frags and only one singed vehicle fragment) What are the chances of adding fragments to other parts of the game? Like if Morpheus and Rangora drop growling yawl fragments, not sure who would be a good boss for the singed vehicle fragments (maybe herod?) but someone who makes sense to see some more of these in the game. This wouldnt flood the market but add a few a day or for guilds that want to get them they can camp those specific boss spawns. Mostly I just miss being Triple Tank nebins :(

Or other option put them in the game for gilda? like 1000 gilda for the Yawl, 500 for the fire ironclad. (spitballed prices here)

Burgenvold are the only ones with a Growling Yawl, I don't think any other guild has any of these two vehicles tho.

Burgenvold are the only ones with a Growling Yawl, I don't think any other guild has any of these two vehicles tho.
ya i saw that. now i know who has been getting them all XD
i've bought a few bits but never enough.

ya i saw that. now i know who has been getting them all XD
i've bought a few bits but never enough.
The Daru's cauldron event generated a lot of fragments, those boxes dropped 'em

But yea, those vehicles are pretty hard to get, for little advantage

I think the Yawl should be rare as well as the tank (rare items are rare). Adding them to Gilda would ruin the novelty of them, just like they did with the red dragon costumes. I hated that they added rare costumes for cheap credits. Ruined the novelty completely.

We oppose that, evidently.

The Growling Yawl is meant to be a rare ship. We farmed a rotation of mobs near cooldown for over a month and bought all the fragments that were being sold publicly to achieve it.

It's a fun ship to sail. It's slightly longer. It's slightly faster. It's about 8% tougher than other ships. It's also a fun symbol - we thought - that a true pirate guild would have the only pirate ship on the seas.

We oppose ways of making those fragments more easily obtainable. People should have to work for them.

The Growling Yawl is meant to be a rare ship. We farmed a rotation of mobs near cooldown for over a month and bought all the fragments that were being sold publicly to achieve it.

It's a fun ship to sail. It's slightly longer. It's slightly faster. It's about 8% tougher than other ships. It's also a fun symbol - we thought - that a true pirate guild would have the only pirate ship on the seas.

We oppose ways of making those fragments more easily obtainable. People should have to work for them.
Just like you worked for them by buying them when the supply increased thanks to an event, I guess ?

I agree in part. dont really wantthem in gilda but there needs to be a steady way of getting frags. I super think they should be added to rangora and morpheus drop table, since you know its kinda their boat. or yawl on morph, singed on rangora

I agree in part. dont really wantthem in gilda but there needs to be a steady way of getting frags. I super think they should be added to rangora and morpheus drop table, since you know its kinda their boat. or yawl on morph, singed on rangora
I still think that would add too much of a supply. Rangora is a boss you can do with 3-4 people. Morpheus is a boss you can do baisically uncontested by sitting on a pirate owned galleon for the captian intuition on the wheel. I think this will add too many frags to the rotations. I’ve also seen 3-4 yawl frags on the auction as well as a good amount of singed frags on the market as well. I think adding them to these bosses will make them too easy to obtain.

There is a steady way to get frags; a rotation of elite mobs in some parts of the world that you can do every 30 minutes, with loot books on. It's not extremely fast, but it's a steady supply. Server wide, it breaks a few fragments a day, which is more than enough.

I agree with Ulfnaor, some things are better left difficult to obtain, either by being secret in the game or by grind.
It is rare and stronger than other ships for a reason.

I agree with Ulfnaor, some things are better left difficult to obtain, either by being secret in the game or by grind.
It is rare and stronger than other ships for a reason.
but they were added int eh game through an event, so if its ok to have it in the event boxes why cant we up the drop in game through a steady but still limited means?

but they were added int eh game through an event, so if its ok to have it in the event boxes why cant we up the drop in game through a steady but still limited means?
Becouse of the same reason as players are asking related to the Library Ayanad Earring, which is that those items are both luxury and one of rarest items in the game. Making them easier to obtain beats the purpose of them being rare, since supply will increase not for some, but for all players.And those who are persistent enough can potentially obtain both items given time invested each day.

Becouse of the same reason as players are asking related to the Library Ayanad Earring, which is that those items are both luxury and one of rarest items in the game. Making them easier to obtain beats the purpose of them being rare, since supply will increase not for some, but for all players.And those who are persistent enough can potentially obtain both items given time invested each day.
again tho. they were added to an event that you could get hundreds of boxes a day and that put a lotin the market. ulf probably got most of his fragments from those that were added from it.

again tho. they were added to an event that you could get hundreds of boxes a day and that put a lotin the market. ulf probably got most of his fragments from those that were added from it.
The event was very RNG based since loot table contained many items, it was hardly possible for one person to get more than 2,3 fragments.

But at the same time it was a smart thing to invest in buying the fragments for those who were interested.
Still, the drop chance for them once you know all the locations, and rotation, is fairly doable.

Really all things said and done a guild can get one of these ships fairly easily. Sure is a grind fest but killing mobs as a guild a couple hours a day and you can obtain one.

Good ship, had one on retail. Same size, 15k more health, holds 10 more people and has a nice darker gold laced color. Should stay as rare as it is. Close to one here.

Good ship, had one on retail. Same size, 15k more health, holds 10 more people and has a nice darker gold laced color. Should stay as rare as it is. Close to one here.
I love the skeleton at the front, looks very intimidating, like a pirate ship is meant to look.

Back